Quantcast

Ubisoft's Recent Track Record

Discussion in 'The Division' started by troutski, May 4, 2015.

1. SinisterSpydio

SinisterSpydio Well-Known Member Regular

Thanks for the info!

2. harpazo22

harpazo22 Well-Known Member Regular

I really hope not either. You'd think they would take their time to make sure it comes out working great. If they really care about their success and image, they should put in a lot of effort to do better. Why do they have a bad reputation but other developers do just fine? They need to get it together.

3. JC_224

JC_224 Active Member Regular

Ubisoft's track record does leave a lot to be desired and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about the possibility of The Division having glaring issues or problems. Especially on the PC platform after the completely dreadful release of Assassin's Creed Unity and Watch Dogs was a complete disappointment. Unity was beyond broken in many aspects, not just the overall performance.

With that being said, I do still have a glimmer of hope that Ubisoft can properly craft the game and release a great product.

4. Player7

Player7 Active Member Regular

I've heard as well that PC releases suffer the most. Even gamers trying to play AC3 today on their computers experience some problems when trying to install the game. I've read that it's been patched and now works correctly yet still some people do have some issues with it. Watch Dogs did get the worst reputation in my opinion with all the supposedly graphic downgrade discussion. However The Division is having better rep and I'm sure a company like Ubisoft won't be making these same mistakes on games that are being as hyped up as this one. This makes me gravitate towards the phrase "I still have a glimmer of hope" on Ubisoft, that JC has shared with us.

5. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member Regular

Unfortunately, I don't share this attitude. PC gamers always get the wrong end of the stick or however the expression goes and that has been proven time and time again. We can only hope the Division will be different, but I'm starting to hear myself sound like the broken record saying that before every new game is released.

6. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

I think they've learned their lesson. Let's wait for AC Syndicate to come out in a few days on PC, and Rainbow Six Siege that after the beta it now looks like an amazing videogame to play that runs really well.

7. Delirium

Delirium Well-Known Member Regular

I don't think it will happen with The Division, or at least I hope not anyway. They've been spending a lot of time on the game and that makes me really happy. I'd much rather wait a few more months than get the game now and be unable to enjoy it. So no, I don't think it's going to have game-breaking bugs. I'm sure it'll have bugs, pretty sure every newly released game does - but I don't think they'll be big or be even close to game-breaking.

8. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

If Assassin's Creed Syndicate is any indication, it should be a somewhat smooth launch. Of course, Assassin's Creed and The Division are both very different games, with most likely different people working on them, but I'm sure Ubi wants to get a streak of good launches going.

9. BoxofCereal

BoxofCereal Member Regular

One would like to think that Ubisoft has learned from their past mistakes. Release delays in this case are a good sign that they might have finally decided to take their time and do this game properly. I'm really hoping we don't end up with another Watch Dogs. Thankfully the most recent Assassin's Creed has been received very well, so that might be an indication of the quality of work that's they're putting out. Here to hoping.

10. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

@BoxofCereal I was lucky with Watch_Dogs because I didn't end up playing until a month or so after release and it was patched up to the point where I have no issues. It's probably going to be the same scenario with this game since I probably won't get it day-1.