Quantcast

Ubisoft's Recent Track Record

Discussion in 'The Division' started by troutski, May 4, 2015.

1. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member Regular

Ubisoft has a recent track record of releasing some bad games with a lot of game-breaking glitches that took forever to get addressed. Do you think that's going to happen with The Division? I'm hoping it doesn't because I want this game to be incredible.

2. andkno

andkno Member

I think that the biggest problem with Ubisoft is, for example, Assassin's Creed has become a short time development game, since they have taken a long time to develop The Division, I really hope this is not the case, we will have to wait until the game is in our hands.

3. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

Since the game has been delayed until the Q1 2016 I think it's safe to say that Ubisoft acknowledged the failed releases from the past and are trying to get this one right. Hopefully they'll dont disappoint.

4. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member Regular

Hopefully not? I think they'll be okay as far as glitches are concerned because this is the 'first' game in this section of the Clancy franchise, relatively speaking. Ubisoft is usually pretty good at getting their new IPs off to a good start, and despite the Clancy title Division is still a new IP of sorts. The problem starts when people begin to love said IP and Ubisoft feels the urge to release new instalments every twenty minutes. So, no, I'm not too worried just yet.

5. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member Regular

It doesn't matter anymore, because after Might & Magic X, I have decided to never buy another Ubisoft ever again. M&MX was fun and they were going to make more expansions for it, but after one that came with the base game, they decide to quit on the product and move on with a newer game that has open beta. On top of that, UPlay sucked bad. I had a lot of bad experiences with that.

6. FuZyOn

UPlay is really, really bad - I agree - but I don't think you should lose faith in Ubisoft. They've been putting out great games for the past decade (Prince of Persia, Assassin's Creed etc.). M&MX might've been a flop, but I really think they're going to take this one more seriously.

7. jbepp

jbepp Well-Known Member

It's true that Ubisoft has had a really terrible track record recently, but I'm hoping that The Division will be the exception. They've been developing this game for almost 2 years now and I can't wait to see what kind of things they've implemented. I'm guessing the first few days it will be really buggy but I'm hoping that Ubisoft addresses the problems correctly.

8. Amazon XD

Amazon XD Member

You guys got to realize that Ubisoft differs as a publisher and a developer. While some Ubisoft games have been trash (AC: Unity), some have been amazing. Plus, this game is a huge blockbuster waiting to happen. They'd be dumb to screw this one up.

9. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member Regular

I get what you're saying, but with all of my experiences with Ubisoft in the last twenty and so years, I have constantly supported many of the game projects they did, up until Might & Magic X, where it was pretty much the last straw for me. Ubisoft is extremely slow to listen to customer feedback and 'pride' themselves at sticking with their decisions as being "What their fans wanted from the start!" Which is very similar to what Maxis community staff insisted when SimCity first launched.

I MIGHT give Ubisoft games a try again, when they remove UPlay. Since I know for a fact they won't, then this is one former customer they simply won't get back.

10. Yosh

Yosh Well-Known Member Regular

I absolutely despise Uplay. It's just... no. I don't see this going well either, however if they're going down the Maxis route, then it might be better to just let them fall and support other developers who actually take feedback into consideration.

11. FuZyOn

That's really true. Ubisoft are starting to fall into the same pit EA are in, but they don't focus solely on money. It's pretty sad to see how far they've come but forgot about the community completely. I see little to no interaction between the parties.

12. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

I pretty much always expect a pretty sizable day-1 patch for a game of this scope (actually, pretty much every game these days). I just don't think that you can plan for everything between a game going gold and its release. The fact that a patch is released and the game not left as-is shows that they are working on bugs and issues.

I also have never had an issue with Uplay. Sure, it's another thing to have to sign up for (like the EA games) but it's always allowed me to unlock extra bonuses in the Assassin's Creed games and Watch Dogs by redeeming points I got for just playing the game normally, so I'm not sure what the hate is about. I have noticed that some people really, really despise it though (as noted above) but I'm not sure why? Maybe someone could explain their gripes with it?

13. SinisterSpydio

SinisterSpydio Well-Known Member Regular

Yup, most definitely going to happen. No doubt about it. I think Ubisoft needs to take a break between their games, maybe spend another year fixing bugs and issues rather than rushing it and releasing it early.

14. Spectre456

Spectre456 Well-Known Member Regular

I really hope it doesn't turn out to be extremely buggy. It's a new IP, so one would think they will try to make it good as possible. All we can do is wait and hope for the best.

15. Cyborg Superman

You can't take a break as a developer. That being said, this game has been in development for YEARS, we just haven't always heard about it, and it's gaining more traction now as we get closer to the release date. Keep in mind that Ubisoft isn't just one team that makes games.

I'm fairly certain that every game released (yes, with a few exceptions where it's clearly a cash grab) had the devs trying to make it as good as possible. A good game = sales.

16. Celerian

Celerian Well-Known Member Regular

The devs try and make it as good as possible but the publishers kinda make it hard for them

Cyborg Superman likes this.
  17. Spectre456

Spectre456 Well-Known Member Regular

What Celerian said is exactly what meant with my comment. Assassin's Creed games tend to be buggy on release because they rush the release date.
    The Division has already been delayed once, so that might not be a problem, but you can never know until you see the final product.

18. SinisterSpydio

SinisterSpydio Well-Known Member Regular

Well I guess that I am kindof unknowledgable in this sense. However I still believe Ubisoft should do this for their other games which they release yearly

19. Cyborg Superman

The yearly games (like Assassin's Creed) are also developed over years, they just develop multiple games at once. It didn't take them only one year to develop and release the latest Assassin's Creed, in fact the development for Assassin's Creed Unity started shortly after the completion of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (2010).

I think there's a misconception that a game is only worked on until the last one is released because the games do come out every year, but the truth is that these games took years to develop.

20. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

Ubisoft has openly stated that they have multiple teams working on Assassin's Creed. I think they are two. For example, I believe the team behind Unity also did AC Brotherhood previously, but not Black Flag for instance. Syndicate is made by the Black Flag guys, I think? Something like that.

Call of Duty also has a similar line of work. They have like 3 different developer teams working on them.