Type of music you dislike most?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic!' started by pebblesxo, Jun 18, 2014.

1. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Rap today pisses me off since it is either about drugs, women or jail. Rap in the 90s was good since they were often used as commentary about what was going on back then. Rappers today like Lil' Jon...Ugh....

2. jamesbonner

jamesbonner Active Member
    Regular

I really really hate metal and hard rock, it's sensless music !! I don't know how people can still enjoy those songs !

3. evelination

evelination Well-Known Member
    Regular

In my country we have a very specific genre called "gypsy music" which I just can't stand... most of us can't even call it music. It's just damned nuisance.

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't really hate music genres, people have different tastes and they can listen to whatever they want. If they don't blast it near me I don't mind.

5. Nkara

Nkara Well-Known Member
    Regular

I agree.

Rap now is just a good excuse to be rude and use poor grammar, while talking with your mouth full, it sounds like. It kills me.

6. HalfBeard

HalfBeard Well-Known Member
    Regular

There are plenty I don't like, but right now the newer rap is downright awful (I pick it specifically bc of how much it's listened to and how much it affects the generation). It's mediocre lyrics that talk blatantly about sex and drugs (no creativity), written by a staff, with computer generated noise as "music," and sang by arrogant, misogynistic, often criminal, pricks. (BTW, before you say I hate all rap, NWA was phenomenal).

7. Nkara

Nkara Well-Known Member
    Regular

NWA was great. Notorious BIG and TuPac, at least used (mostly) proper English as well. Coming up into today's stuff, Eminem is hit-or-miss-- sure, he doesn't sound like he has a mouthful of marshmallows, but his lyrics are a little/lot....out there, sometimes.

8. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member
    Regular

Haha, yeah, I feel the same way. I can practically listen to any genre out there, but there are some songs out there that just drive me nuts (All about bass for example). I'm still fine though, as long as it's not played near me, like you said.

9. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Oh my god.. even naming that songs makes me cringe. Pharell William's "Happy" is also the same, awful song.

10. d'arakh

Regular

What makes me cringe is the fact that I actually like "Happy" the first time I heard it. I thought it was so cool and had such a great positive message... And then it just got drilled into my brain and now I wince every time starts a sentence with: "Because I'm..." Same with "Gangnam Style". Ugh.

11. Nkara

Nkara Well-Known Member
    Regular

Ugh, I forgot that song. "Happy" gets stuck in my head far too easily, and it has to be my 6 year old's favorite.

12. d'arakh

Regular

Nothing worse than a song getting stuck in a kid's head. I spent two weeks last year with my nephew who was 5 at the time and he would just constantly spout jibberish which sounded a lot like Gangnam Style. Brings shivers to my spine to this day.

13. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

Not a lover of jazz, modern rap and hard metal.

14. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member
    Regular

I really hate screamo, certain types of metal, most rap (some of the 80's/90's stuff was alright), dubstep (what the fuck is this shit?), country (some of the older folk country is alright but the majority of modern country with the fucking whining slide guitar drives me insane and I really dislike the Southern 'twang' and drawl), most of the pop music from mid 00's until now (vapid lyrics about vapid scenarios.) My ears are picky and certain sounds/frequencies set me off like nails on a chalkboard reaction, some worse than others.

15. Nkara

Nkara Well-Known Member
    Regular

Oh, have mercy.

My oldest daughter listens to NOTHING but J-Pop and K-Pop.

Gangnam Style is in the rotation.

16. SereneAngel88

Regular

To be fair, some J-Pop bands are alright unless they are the super cutesy sounding kind that will give you diabetes if you listen to them. A couple of bands that I think are okay would be Ali Project, Jam Project (though I think they would be more J-Rock) and Yousei Teikoku (They did the opening for Mirai Nikki-Future Diary).

Cereus likes this.
  17. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'd agree. I'd totally take most J-pop hands down haha. Yeah there's some blegh ones out there but the majority is so much better than K-pop or western pop for sure.

18. SereneAngel88

Regular

I never listen to western pop, unless it was something from the 90's personally. Hell, I still think most music (at least in America) reached its peak in the 90's and early 2000's before it went to hell, what with more artists relying on autotune and making covers of already popular songs and making it suck (looking at you Nikki Minaj-Baby Got Back will always be superior to that crap "Anaconda")

19. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member
    Regular

Agreed. I stopped at 90's for pop and early 00's for alternative rock at that point. The issue was that the US pretty much went the route of K-pop's mass manufactured route. Generally the music from the USA I'm listening to these days are epic orchestral works or EDM. Japan luckily hasn't succumbed to mass manufactured mentality yet since their music scene is so competitive and diverse thanks to ever changing charts like Oricon. Not only that but their industry does some really heavy scouting with doujin groups and whatnot.

20. Nkara

Nkara Well-Known Member
    Regular

Totally.

Hyuna is one of her favorites, along with 4minute. Girls Generation is just.....eh. There's a few others that I will listen to with her and not want to tear out my eardrums with my fingernails. :)