Tv gone downhill?

Discussion in 'Television' started by harpazo22, Oct 5, 2015.

1. harpazo22

harpazo22 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think the morality of television has gone downhill and most things on the television are fake and horrible. Do you think TV has taken a plunge? Why or why not?

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

The morality of TV shows was down for as long as I can remember, they're now struggling to make money since everything is on the internet. I can't remember the last time I watched something on TV that wasn't related to sports.

3. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think TV is desperate to find something interesting to show the viewer, so they cling onto silly stuff more often. They're getting beaten by Netflix and other similar services, and of course the internet.

I haven't watched normal television in a long time for this very reason, I'd rather choose for myself what I want to watch.

4. Spectre456

Spectre456 Well-Known Member
    Regular

In my opinion there's very few shows that are overly offensive when compared to older tv shows. Older tv shows like Boy Meets World tried to teach values to the viewers, but that was the exception rather than the norm. There will always be good and bad shows as far as morality is concerned, but most aren't all that bad.

5. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't even watch TV any more since everything I find interesting is on the internet. That and while there are still some good shows that will occasionally pop up, most shows are geared for the commercial fanbase that would rather play Follow The Leader rather than make original concept. Don't get me started on the crappy reality shows either...

6. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah, I think television is slowly going downhill due to internet and show makers just making whatever they think is best for the audience, which isn't always that good.

7. Athanas

Athanas Well-Known Member
    Regular

Some TV series are not suitable for children.

8. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah, most shows tend to have an older demographic.

9. Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha Well-Known Member
    Regular

Most tv stations bring old shows and they oftenly repeat them. Unless the stations bring new and interesting things but I still watch tv sometimes.