Turbine - Infinite Crisis layoffs

Discussion in 'Infinite Crisis' started by CrownedClown, Feb 12, 2014.

1. CrownedClown

CrownedClown Well-Known Member

Hey guys just wanted to tell you that Turbine which is the developer for Infinite Crisis had another major layoff again. I don't really have much info on how many people from the staff have been laid off, but generally Infinite Crisis is experiencing an infinite crisis...
    The game wasn't that original to begin with and now when they have laid off so many of their staff my expecations have been lowered even more. At this point I'd be surprised if they release the game at all. I think they will close it at some point.

2. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

That sucks layoffs are never good I hope the devs that the ones that this happens to can find other work.

3. CrownedClown

Yeah I agree. Layoffs are never good and in most cases don't really help either.
    I do hope that they find new work soon and having in mind on what games they have worked I'm pretty sure they will :)

4. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

Layoffs are never a good sign for a game in development. I just hope they will continue working on it, and not leave it in video game limbo.

5. CrownedClown

Well few days ago they officially went in open beta phase, so the game is definitely being pushed for official launch. There aren't that many bugs at the moment also, however the feeling you get from moving/casting isn't that great, but I suppose it's because the game hasn't been optimized yet.

6. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member
    Regular

Companies often under budget and over spend. They should sell the idea to another company of merge/sell their company to a bigger company. This way, the game can possibly be improved on or hacked away and do it from scratch, making it into something else.

7. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

That`s good news then. I really like to see this game polished and ready to be played. I`m a huge fan of DC comics and playing around with my favorite characters should be good.

8. gamergurl

gamergurl Active Member

I'm glad they are pushing forward. I hate how "business" gets in the way of my game time. :p It's too bad about the layoofs and hopefully it won't impact quality too much and they can get it up and running (completely smoothly) soon.

9. SeanM

SeanM Well-Known Member

Layoffs are never a decent sign for a diversion being developed. I simply trust they will keep dealing with it, and not abandon it in feature amusement limbo.