Total hours played

Discussion in 'Metro 2033 Forums' started by 'ello_stalker, Feb 9, 2015.

1. 'ello_stalker

'ello_stalker Member

New member here.

I am pleased to present to you the hours I have racked playing this amazing game

[​IMG]

I still have some achievements to unlock..

Tough time with a couple..

Cant wait to play again.

Attached Files:

• d6.jpg
      d6.jpg
      File size:
      15.5 KB
      Views:
  2. Skaara Dreadlocks

Wow, that's pretty amazing. That's a lot of hours for a linear game that is averagely completed in 10-14 hours. How many times have you completed this game? o_O
    I only have registered 48 hours myself, and I think that's a lot. 42 in Last Light.

3. 'ello_stalker

'ello_stalker Member

I think I've beaten the game close to 20 times..
    Most of time is attributed to redoing something in a level over and over to perfect a certain walk through. I experiment with stealth a lot.

For example, I love the Outpost level. Taking out all the nazis, who are trying to breach hole station, can be a bit challenging. The nazis in the buildings are also fun to sneak around.

When you first reach the surface during the outpost level, a nazis meets his demise by being snatched up by a hungry demon...I've read peoples assumptions about what ammo he could be carrying, but their inability to get him prevents most players from even stealing his ammo...

Well he can actually be shot with a fully pressurized Helsing, and the demon wont bother him..

On my last two playthroughs of 2033, I spent alot of time trying to figure out how to take all the bandits you first meet, without any of them realizing..I've yet to perfect this..
    Also, I was able to do this during dry station...stealth kills!
    Anyways, I also love the Frontline level.
    here is where I am at with Last light.
    LL gives you even more ways to redo missions so i can see myself racking 250 hours by the time im kinda feeling a little bored..

Also, im not even half way bored with Metro 2033

#3 'ello_stalker, Feb 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2015
  4. 'ello_stalker

'ello_stalker Member

This is my last light progress..
    So much to do..
    I have spent hours playing korbut, revolution, Bandits, contagion and a few other maps..

I am a bit bored after replaying them anywhere from 25-40 times..
    eh
    [​IMG]
    I'm currently playing last light and am on the bandits level.

Attached Files:

5. Skaara Dreadlocks

Holy moly!! :eek: Well, if there's a Metro Expert out there, you are that one. Thank you for registering here, we really appreciate it.

The level where Bourbon hides in the shadows and does nothing and then gets captured? If a guy who has played Metro2033 eighteen times couldn't do it in the next two playthroughs... -No wonder I couldn't stealth that part! *facepalm*

(I'm sure Komodo is gonna pop in here with a link to one of his walkthrough videos and say "I've done it" ;) )

I'm wondering - Have you ever heard the bonfire story between two enemies about Metro 2 and the "invisible watchers"? I don't remember what level it was at or what type of enemies they were, but I know that not everyone heard that conversation they had.

So, do you have any interesting easter eggs or anything to share with us from the game, that we might have missed ourselves? :D

#5 Skaara Dreadlocks, Feb 9, 2015
  6. [​IMG]

It's impossible, the last two get alerted when you open the door. You can do it in 2033 REDUX though.

7. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

And I always thought I put many hours into these games, but it's almost nothing compared to this. :lol: I'm at:

• 62 hours in Metro 2033 (all achievements, four playthroughs total)
    • 61 hours in Metro: Last Light (all achievements and DLC, but only 2 playthroughs of campaign - though my first playthrough took me 20 hours as I tried to get everything, was playing on hard and did not kill anyone except for the one part in the game where it's necessary at that difficulty - D6)
    • 26 hours in Metro 2033 Redux (all achievements, one playthrough and chapter select).
    I have to say that I don't usually go achievement hunting and Metro 2033 was the first game on any platform that I attained 100% trophies on. After that, I figured I might as well continue this habit for this series. However, I don't own Metro: Last Light Redux.

8. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

-_-

[​IMG]

What? No way. Only 31 minutes and I've already played it through several times? Yes. I'm that good :p. JK, I usually, always....always play on offline mode, and I read steam doesn't keep track of the hours you play on offline mode.

On the other hand, 'ello_stalker, that's impressive. Though, Komodo is the reigning champion, around here, from the looks of it ;)

9. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

Edit:double post sorry

10. 'ello_stalker

'ello_stalker Member

I've watched Komodo Saurians videos online..
    It's an honor lol.

Komodo, can't you get the last two bandits before opening the door? I can't either...but
    It is possible to get all the bandits sitting around the camp fire with the throwing knives without the others getting a wind of it..However, you have to be very quick or they will realize their buddy next to them is no longer breathing.
    My absolute favorite technique is to be seen for a second or make a noise so NPCs go investigating..then they disappear..lol

The part you're talking about, Skaara, is found near the end of Black Station before you jump into the sewers to meet Ulman.

I also do not go for the acheivements, and 2033 is the only game where I got close to 100%. I also do not go looking for easter eggs, I spend a great deal of time doing and redoing and redoing missions.

For example, on my last two playthroughs, i perfected stealth kills for all the nazis during the frontline mission. ANd i mean stealth where their buddies are dying right next to them, but they have no idea.

I've also read the book 2x...It is on my phone..I think I may need to read it 2 more times to really get everything out of it.

You can really cheat in this game by getting the railgun during the bandits level, hanging on to it till you get to Kutznetsky most, and then trading it, Abzats and smithys railgun for crap tons of shiny MGRs....I usually get so much money that I can buy 1000 rds of 5.62, 100 arrows, and about 50-80 pistol rds, and I always get the stealth suit.

Then i go batshit firing insane...
    You will use most of the rifle rounds on the biomass..

Book is pretty scary too

#10 'ello_stalker, Feb 9, 2015
  11. 'ello_stalker

'ello_stalker Member

Komodo, what program do you use to record?
    I watch RadBrads videos too and he mentioned what he used but i forgot.

The reason i ask is, I plan to record my next playthrough and upload it on youtube.

12. I used Fraps before, but then I switched to OBS.

13. TheBoss0567

TheBoss0567 Member

Well.... Shit. I played the game through twice and that was it.

14. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'd be in the 150+ hours, 120 (at least) on 2033 and the other 30+ on LL.

15. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Hmm, I think I'm above the 100 hours checkpoint but I don't know if it's too much or too little. It seems like I played this game much more than that, but I also played a lot of LL as well.