Quantcast

Torchlight 2.

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Oblivious, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Oblivious

Oblivious Well-Known Member Regular

I had played it for a few hours a while back (I plan on revisiting it), it was a really interesting game.
    The humor was excellent, fights we fluid and most importantly, there was plentiful loot.
    Also, you could just send your pet to sell the things you didn't want, which made things a bit simpler in that respect.

I was thinking if it really counts as an RPG though but I suppose it's similar to Diablo in a way.

What do you think of Torchlight 2(and/or the first one)?

2. RolePlayer

RolePlayer Well-Known Member Regular

I like the first Torchlight. Number 2 they lacked in differentiating it from number one. Basically it was number 1 all over again. A little more originality would have been nice.

3. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member Regular

Torchlight's an action adventure with RPG elements to it. As to its similarity to Diablo- it was created by the same team that did create Diablo 1 & 2. They broke off from Blizzard prior to D3's development and made Torchlight instead, which is probably the reason why Torchlight has been lauded as the spiritual successor of D2 that everyone wanted. I play Torchlight 1 & 2 more than D3 if that says anything. I mean I tried hard to like D3 but I just couldn't get into it, not when Torchlight came onto the scene.

4. qag

qag Well-Known Member Regular

I enjoyed both Torchlight games. The second in particular I've spent a lot of time playing. The combat is satisfying and the classes, and when you add in great modding support there's a near infinite amount of content to play. I highly recommend them for people wanting a Diablo style action RPG.

5. Narukami

Narukami Well-Known Member Regular

It's my go-to game when I want to scratch that Diablo-like itch. Though it hasn't really managed to suck me in, though. Berserker is my favorite class, it's kinda ridiculous with life-steal and all the crits.

6. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member Regular

I absolutely love the Torchlight franchise. I have beta-tested the first one`s German version, and played the second one for a long time. The game is fun, easy to pick up and really addicting. Definitely a good addition to any RPG fan`s game library.