Time needed to buy 1 PLEX?

Discussion in 'EVE Online' started by jbepp, Nov 10, 2013.

1. jbepp

jbepp Well-Known Member

I was wondering how much time it takes for you to make 1 PLEX?
    This is actually one of the things that made me play EVE online, since you only have to buy a subscription for 1 or 2 months and then you can pay with the game currency.
    I can make 1 PLEX in 4-6 days since I have a friend who helped me join a good corp.

2. Mizali

Mizali Member

It really varies a lot depending on what you're doing, as well as what skills you have for doing it. If you're mining in high sec space it will probably take a while.

On the other hand, when I was in a shipping corp some of our jump pilots could make enough for a plex in a day or two, without breaking a sweat.

3. Ordinary

Ordinary New Member

It depends on what you're doing, if you live in null sec and follow ratters around, you can make a plex in 1-2 days. If you're a ratter yourself, maybe 2 days for a plex.

Personally, I multiboxed mining accounts and made a plex everyday with almost no effort.

4. ElectricCake

ElectricCake Member

Same as these guys are saying. Depending on what you are doing is proportionate to how much you earn. Fighting in incursions will not earn you as much money as mining in low-sec will. It's just how the economy works, and what is in demand. Honestly, you would be losing money if you were participating in incursions if you don't have the right gear for the battle.

5. dresdor

dresdor Well-Known Member

Depends on what you do. If i devoted my time to raising people's standings, probably a dozen in game hours. If I did web development, probably an hour or two. If I missioned, mined, or station traded, a week/40ish hours.

6. Sandstorm

Sandstorm Member

I made enough ISK for a PLEX in 10 days, but the majority of the 600 million ISK I made was in the last 4 days when I started doing null-sec exploration. The rewards are much better in low/null sec versus high sec space, and if you're careful and cautious it's relatively easy to avoid getting probed down and destroyed. Just make sure to avoid the areas where there's an active war going on between large alliances.

7. AnotherEmpty

AnotherEmpty Member

I think, generally, that unless someone picks you out for a beat down (figuratively speaking) it is rather easy to lose a day or two to the game yet still have a full PLEX on the other side.

8. MrFreshh

MrFreshh Well-Known Member

It eventually becomes easy enough to earn PLEX in a few weeks at most, though I wasn't able to start earning enough money to buy PLEX until a few months in. Definitely mining was the way to go for me, but it just takes a while to understand exactly how all of this works. I suppose I could cut down on that time even further if I became active in a corporation, but for now it is quite enjoyable just doing my own thing.

9. Rooftops

Rooftops Member

As everyone has said, it depends on what you're doing. Station trading can net you tons of income, but it's a bit of risk and you need capital to get going. Mission running or system scanning is a possibility, with the latter being more profitable but also a bit more risky. You could earn enough in an hour or two, or a day or two, or it could take all month to get enough in items to pay for a PLEX. PI and manufacturing are profitable as well, but they do take a lot of time and attention to manage.

10. Lokitns

Lokitns Member

Depends on what you want to do, Mining and station trading has me earning enough PLEX in about 2-3 days of gametime. But it is VERY risky, I run in a corp and sell the ore to them, they refine it and pay us back. Lowest rung of the totem pole, but earning enough to steadily buy PLEX.

11. Jessi

Jessi Active Member

As others said, it greatly depends. I actually don't know how long it would take me to make enough on my own and for a single PLEX. We play in a group of 4 of us and we each have between 4 and 8 accounts. They all get paid for entirely through gameplay that's done together, so there's a lot of clearing sites, gas mining, planetology, etc.

12. Tersuss

Tersuss Well-Known Member

That is a really clever way of going about getting plex, I'm fairly new to the game myself and I'm learning the ropes but I was told plex was really hard to get.

13. Tanis

Tanis Active Member
    Regular

Depends on what you do for money. PLEX prices are pretty insane in 2015, but moneymaking isn't too hard, either. Just don't mine for money - it's far, far too slow. Incursions in highsec pop out maybe 80-100 mil an hour, so that's a PLEX with two or three solid days of playing. Missions can reach 100 mil an hour as well. Those are just some of the classic methods. I hear trading at the high end makes you hundreds of millions a day with minimal effort, but that's advanced stuff.

14. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member
    Regular

It also depends on what you enjoy. If you are playing a game and having fun, then taking anything less than a month is great. If you hate what you are doing, then doing it in 2 days is a worse option.

15. ISKMogul

ISKMogul Well-Known Member

The amount of time to make 1 Bill ISK(The current sell price of a PLEX), it varies wildly depending on what you're doing and what kind of things you have the skills and ISK to do. If you understand markets and have a head for numbers, you start trading on a brand new character with the 5K starting ISK. As expected, the process will go a lot faster with a few hundred million ISK and some skill points in the Trade skills.

You also do things like BPO researching/copying for resale, although it's a slow process and takes considerable effort and investment. Same thing with manufacturing and market stocking.

A way that some people have started doing is finding ways outside the game to make ISK to support their accounts. Blogging about EVE and putting a trial upgrade link is one common way. Making EVE-related services like lotto site, corp services, and other related websites is also a common way of monetizing other skills to support EVE play.

In the end, the solution to PLEXing one's account is only limited by creativity.

16. OoTWISTERoO

OoTWISTERoO Active Member

I don't like playing the game just to buy the PLEX. I'd say I waste too much time trying to gather enough ISK for it. I like to just enjoy the game, not forcefully spend my time playing just to make enough ISK.