Thoughts on Blizzard's Hero's of the Storm?

Discussion in 'General MMORPG Discussion' started by Missfireflower, May 28, 2015.

1. Missfireflower

This went into open beta and I've played it a few times, but it just hasn't hooked me. Tyrael's my favorite overall and I find Kerrigan really hard to control. I don't know-that might just be me.

Who else loved the back and forth banter between Jim Raynor and Diablo in the tutorial? I'm pretty sure Jim broke the fourth wall a few times. :cool:

I'm going to give it a whole month before I make my final decision, but right now I'm leaning toward not liking it very much. It feels kind of cluttered. It might just be that I'm used to League. Thoughts?

2. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think it is much more casual friendly than Leagues just because of shared EXP... it allows you more freedom in playing rather than just everyone taking a lane. It also allows better use of support characters and things like that.. more variety than just League of Lanes.

We will have to see how the meta works out once the game is live, if there is that deep level of competition that LOL has, or if it is just casual players popping in now and then. Very long development time for a game that will only make money selling cosmetic items...

3. tubestud

tubestud Well-Known Member
    Regular

It's OK, especially for introducing new people to MoBAs. I have a friend who came from playing Diablo, he learned HoTS fast since he recognized a few characters, then moved along to play LoL with me. Now he's Silver and climbing.

4. superbobby

superbobby Active Member

I think its going to be a flop. It is going to follow HoN's footsteps and eventually bow down to LoL and Dota2.