This game is pretty great.

Discussion in 'World of Tanks and Planes' started by jbeavis100, Mar 16, 2014.

1. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

I love playing this game with a buddy of mine with gundam music blasting cause it totally sets the mood. I usually use the Matilda Tier III that I got from some graphics card deal that my friend gave to me. The Tier system is pretty great and works really well..

Who here also plays and will you share some stories?

2. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member
    Regular

World of Tanks can be really fun. I love using Artillery tanks because I love the sound of the cannon firing. However, I suck at the game quite a lot even though it's still fun. The grind fest, similar to many other games, make it really tedious to get the next tier of tanks. So I have pretty much surrendered to the idea that the challenge of middle-tier tanks allows me to build up my overall skill as a driver and fighter, than try to focus solely on 'leveling up'.

The only worthwhile story I have to share is that while driving an artillery tank, I was able to destroy two tanks consecutively, that rolled up to me at close range. They were literally 2-3 farm houses away from my position. I laughed my ass off, because that's what won the map. People on the opposing side were saying: "Wtf?!" and "You guys suck! Letting an artillery tank kill you at close range?!?!"

Mind you, that was the only time.

3. gamergurl

gamergurl Active Member

I keep seeing the ads for this and haven't tried it yet. I like the general idea and who doesn't like blowing stuff up? Grinding is such a boring thing in any game, do you feel like you can advance in this without it? Tiny, you more or less said that you just focus on your skills and less on leveling up? That might drive me a bit bonkers...

4. Aymie

Aymie Active Member

This is one that I still need to check out. Lately I have been pretty slow to hit up newer games. I can only manage so many at a time so I try to alternate what I play and when I dive into newer stuff.

5. Primalclaws1974

Primalclaws1974 Well-Known Member

I am also timid about introducing myself to new games, but occasionally the boredom of the games I have been playing will compel me. I was reading about this game and checked out some pictures. It looks pretty good. Is it all World War II? It reminds me of Warrock, but that game has modern machinery.

6. Kamarsun1

Kamarsun1 Well-Known Member

I tried to get into it but It's wasn't that fun to me. Maybe I didn't give it enough time. I download it on Xbox gold and only played it a few times.

7. tournique

tournique Well-Known Member

I used to play a lot in Beta. Is the game still fun though? Is it still free or have they went with pay to win programs?

8. kestas57

kestas57 Member

I think I might have to try this game at some point. Is the flying part as good as warthunder for those that have played both?

9. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I never heard of this before. I'll check this on YouTube and I'll try to play this game if it's my type.

10. Metalhead

Metalhead Member

LOADS. They do have some P2W features, but it's still a pretty balanced between the paying players and the one that didn't invest a cent. It's skill based, not cash based.

11. iCaliBri

iCaliBri Member

I'm quite interested in the game. Sadly, my internet speed is quite terrible and I think it'll take some time for the game to finish downloading. Is this game fun, though? I'm not wasting a lot of hours waiting for the game to finish downloading, and then get upset when it turns out to be a repetitive boring game. Hopefully, it won't be another P2W game.

I'll search around YouTube for some gameplays. Judging from the reviews, I really do think it's a fun game, but I don't think it's my type of game. Worth a try, though.

12. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

It's a really cool game and it can keep you hooked on for hours and hours, but I kind of got bored of it. I've been playing for a while and it doesn't have the same appeal for me.

13. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

I've been trying the game for quite some time now and I really can't play it because it's so boring and also the initial tanks you have at first are just so sucky compared to the ones you face when you play against the others..