Thinking of downloading....

Discussion in 'Rift' started by drkn335, Nov 8, 2013.

1. drkn335

drkn335 Well-Known Member

I am thinking of downloading RIFT as I saw it listed as one of the best 2013 RPG's, do you agree? Is it going to be worth it? I have played tons of games so I don't really want something that's a typical RPG. Do you think I should try it?

2. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I never played it so I don't know I would go to YouTube check out some gameplay videos and see if you like it no point in downloading a game that you might not even like.

3. rivengamer

rivengamer Well-Known Member

Hmm, I haven't played it, but as far as I know, Rift is known for its great player housing. Known as Dimensions, players could create game instances where they could build their own houses. The housing system is done in such a way that it gives you a lot of freedom to build the house brick by brick and decorate it any way you want it. People could visit your house and I believe you can also install interactive items within it to enhance the social experience more.

It's also free-to-play with a premium option so I guess it's something that you could try without much risk except for your time. I'd say, if you've the time and are interested in it, then go for the download.

4. drkn335

Omg, build your own houses! That sounds awesome! :O I have never seen that in an RPG before. That's certainly something new. I like, RMC Mage, that you have a good idea; I will check the videos first and then download if I like it. Cheers guys!

5. Lucky120

Lucky120 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yes it is a fun game. I love it and you will have a lot of fun. You do not have to worry about paying monthly either. I have a few characters on there and i love them. I think that you will love it, but it does not hurt to try it out for yourself to see. I think the graphics and game play is good.

6. drkn335

Okay thank toy, it's ice to get an opinion from somebody who has played it. I will probably download it, so cheers! And I might see you on there.

7. Lucky120

Lucky120 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Oh you are welcome. Oh yeah I have a few characters on there. I will have to send you names when I decide to get back on haha. A lot of fun so many things to do and the rifts are awesome. Send me your name once you start and we can play sometime.

8. drkn335

Yeah okay , I will probably download it today and then I'll let you know! :D

9. ElectricCake

ElectricCake Member

It is a fun game to play, I got a free membership from Raptr, and now I have a premium account with the expansion. I have to get back to playing it, It was such a fun experience when I played, and from what I saw, it's only getting better as time goes on. I congratulate trion worlds for this amazing game.

10. Zlyuka

Zlyuka Well-Known Member

Is it free to play now? I was in the beta but it was such a WoW's copypaste I decided not to buy it. Though graphics were much nicer than WoW.

Eventually ended up in Warhammer Online, but it was much worse than RIFT, wanted to return and buy it but my friend said it sucks and left for greener pastures.

11. jbepp

jbepp Well-Known Member

I've been playing RIFT for the last week and it seems like a decent game.
    I was in the beta too and indeed it felt like a WoW clone, but the devs have added new content and it's like a completely different game now.

12. drkn335

Okay rift is really getting a good reception haha! I have tried to download it but I have been really busy all week, but I am sure I will try it on the weekend.

13. drkn335

Yeah it's F2P now, but I think it still has purchase options. And well, this is the first negative comment I have had :eek: decisions, decisions....

14. drkn335

I have sooo many games as it is, that I really don't want to get one unless I am really going to like it, and not just play it for a few months and then quit. It has to be something really special to make me want to download it, I guess.

15. Rowro

Rowro Active Member

Did the devs ever update the character model animations? That was a huge turn off for me personally, my character was so stiff in everything he did. I dont usually complain about stuff like that but the animations were just so janky.

16. Rocketman

Rocketman Well-Known Member

If you don't like typical RPGs, then RIFT probably isn't the game for you. It's a WoW clone through and through. It does what it does really well, but it doesn't really bring anything new to the table.

17. courageoflions

courageoflions Well-Known Member

With all of the buzz surrounding it and the fact that it has gone free, I do suggest that you check it out. Give this thread your feedback afterwards!

18. pr0xx1d

pr0xx1d Well-Known Member

LOTRO has been doing that for years... some games have had that even longer. It's not a new feature whatsoever. It would be cool to have seen this implemented into games like WoW and even Rift will be cool.

19. kungfujoe94

kungfujoe94 Member

Is anyone playing it on Windows 8? I played on Vista before and really liked it. Tried it on 8 and I'm having a horrible time. All my settings are turned down and it's almost unplayable.

Any tips?

20. Trevo

Trevo Member

I think Rift is a good game to play if you don't like investing your money into PC games like myself. Myself just having a regular office computer and trying out this game really surprised me with the graphics. It is not demanding at all for memory at all and I moved smoothly with ease. Then again it is more of a personal opinion. Let us know what you think if you try it out.