Quantcast

Things you hate in an RPG?

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by lindbergh, Oct 12, 2013.

1. TeHDruiD

TeHDruiD Member

You guys nailed 2 of mine: Back tracking and random battles

At the same time though, random battles are something I enjoyed though in Skyrim. In old school Final Fantasy 7, it'd drive me nuts to walk around the world and fight random stuff every other step, but in Skyrim, I was always excited when suddenly a huge dragon appeared and I had to fight for my life

Back tracking though, their is just nothing more annoying. Most games have quick travel now so it's not too bad, but at the same time, when going back through a cave or dungeon that I just cleared out in order to get an item that wasn't available at the time seems redundant

2. rosacrux

rosacrux Well-Known Member

Random encounters is the feature I hate the most in RPGs. Sometimes I am in a hurry and suddenly a battle starts. And the battles may be a little bit boring, as you fight against low level enemies.

3. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

The lack of money in some RPG's actually. It takes so long to get enough money to buy anything in some games and it's quite ridiculous. I mean come on, by the time you get the money for the armor you want, your a few levels higher then it and there is better armor then it that you could purchase..

4. Grumpy

Grumpy New Member

The lack of players is the one thing that grinds my gears. Sometimes I have issues with making money and things but they can easily be resolved by playing more. A few times, however, I've found some amazing MMORPG games that just lack players which makes the game boring. This has happened too many times to me which is why I always research a game before starting now.

5. jbepp

jbepp Well-Known Member

1. Fast travel - It breaks the immersion
    2. Copypasted dungeons - It kinda makes exploring boring