Quantcast

The Weapons

Discussion in 'The Division' started by troutski, May 4, 2015.

1. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

Hopefully none, because in games like these balance is everything. :p

2. Maelalove

Maelalove Well-Known Member Regular

Mmmm I've never played Battlefield, so I can't attest to that one. I do admit, a rocket launcher is the type of weapon that you HAVE to use at a certain range, and you have to be accurate in the direction you're shooting if it's too far, but at the same time, its a rocket, so it's hit box is pretty big compared to pretty much every other type of gun. And you don't really need to plan to be so far from a target if you can kill it off so quickly as with a high powered rocket launcher. I just think besides the overpowered aspect, it's heavily unrealistic to have one.

3. Maelalove

As much as I hope for that too, something always emerges as overpowered in comparison to others.... unfortunately it's not really that avoidable. But they could get it close as possible to balanced, too. It all depends on what they do with it..

4. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

I guess it's a bit of a learning curve with a rocket launcher... You're tempted to aim it at the person, when really you should aim it at the ground and let the splash damage hit your target.

5. Maelalove

Well I guess you're still mostly aiming it at the player, you just have to remember that it's meant at a farther distance, which means your aim is going to be skewed quite a bit. It's not really splash damage you're going for either, although that can definitely work with a rocket launcher. Although trying to aim directly at a player I can understand being frustrating when it hits somewhere completely different. It's got a lot to do with perception.

6. Cyborg Superman

I guess my point is that a rocket launcher fires a lot slower than a regular gun, so if you have a moving target, and your rocket launcher is slow, you need to really either aim properly or aim at the ground so you can hit the target, since if you aim too high the rocket will just fly right by, lol.

7. Maelalove

That's a good point. I guess it really is just a different kind of weapon that you'd just have to get used to. And everyone is used to different things. So you make a good point. Plus I think we're still kind of agreeing basically on the entire topic anyway, haha.

8. Cyborg Superman

Hahaha, yes I agree that we're in agreement, lol. It's definitely a learning curve, I guess the first time I used a rocket launcher in a game I was expecting it to be super over-powered and I'd be able to just blow everyone to smithereens but ultimately it does take a bit more skill is my point.

9. Maelalove

Well as long as they don't add homing launchers. Every game I played growing up that had homing launchers made me angry. Like, you literally do not need to put any effort in whatsoever to win with a homing launcher. It FOLLOWS the target.

10. Cyborg Superman

Hahaha yeah, which is perfect for someone who can't aim, like me... Hahaha. I hear you though, that seems kind of unrealistic. No word of them being included in this game, so we may be safe... for now.

11. Maelalove

If I see someone running around named Cyborg Superman when I get this game that is only carrying a homing (or rocket) launcher, I'm totally killing you on sight, now :p. But really, good thing we haven't heard about it, yet. I don't think I've seen any in many games in a long time and am kind of hoping to keep it that way, haha.

Cyborg Superman likes this.
  12. Cyborg Superman

Hahaha fair enough, although you'll have nothing to worry about since I'll probably be shooting rockets everywhere but at you since I can never seem to figure those out in any kind of way that's reliable in other games, lol. :)

13. Maelalove

Hahahahahaahah then I'm totally gonna just stealth it and stab you in the face or something.
    You'll be too busy shooting rockets into the air to notice the knife in your cheek.
    Hahahah

Cyborg Superman likes this.