Quantcast

The Weapons

Discussion in 'The Division' started by troutski, May 4, 2015.

1. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member Regular

Some basic information has been released on the weapons in The Division. What specific weapons would you like to see in the game? I'm looking for the FN F2000 myself.

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

I haven't read too much about the weapons but I hope they're going to bring something new to the table and not the usual. Some futuristic weapons with unique abilities would be really cool.

3. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

So far we've seen some standard guns and such, but I especially liked the healing grenades. I think that brings a whole new dimension to healing your teammates. The fact that you don't have to go beside them and push a button, waiting for a meter to fill up, is pretty cool and will keep the action fast-paced.

From what I've read, a lot of those types of things will be skills you'll have to spec into, playing into the RPG elements that the game is promoting. It should be pretty interesting, that's for sure.

I also have read that you can add attachments and upgrades to your weapon, which is also interesting. I love being able to upgrade my weapons and customize them to my play style. Supposedly you'll be able to level up your weapons too (I'm guessing kind of like in Call of Duty).

4. Celerian

Celerian Well-Known Member Regular

Sniper rifles hopefully. My fave weapon!

5. Cyborg Superman

You're in luck because they are in the game. The game has Designated Marksman Rifles (DMR) such as the M14 DMR Sniper Rifle.

6. Nasim J

Nasim J Active Member Regular

Oh my, snipers would make the game too easy on solo kills, but I guess at the same time it makes it so that if you wanted to shoot the guy from far away you'd have to make sure the body couldn't be found :D

7. Delirium

Delirium Well-Known Member Regular

Sniper is kinda gross to be honest, I hate them. But I guess it's one of those 'must have' weapons in games like this.

My preference though, as long as I have LMG's and pistols I'm pretty happy. I'll probably be stocking myself on healing grenades anyway. I'm more of a support than a DPS, so weapons don't bother me that much as long as they're not overpowered.

8. harpazo22

harpazo22 Well-Known Member Regular

I have yet to see anything about the weapons that will be used in the game. I'll have to do some research into that. But I hope they'll be innovative.

9. Cyborg Superman

So far it seems like it'll be your standard fare of weapons in this type of game: pistols, shotguns, sniper rifle, etc. you know, the same as we usually see in a shooter.

There are healing grenades, which are pretty cool. @Delirium will most likely use these a lot, since he's all about support. :)

10. Player7

Player7 Active Member Regular

So I´ve heard the game has 6 basic weapons types which you can choose from: assault rifles, sub-machine guns, marksmen rifles, shotguns, light machine guns and side arms.

The game allows weapon modification visual and it seems to add up to the current arsenal. For example an LVOA-S is pretty much like an M4 weapon, it's appearance is just longer.

Personally I'm more into assault rifles than LMG's cause technically it's easier to shoot a rifle while standing than a heavy barrel LMG. Perhaps the game will have the appropriate moments to fire each one and actually get the best out of 'em.

Now they seem to be the weapons that most armed forces used around the world. Perhaps we'll be surpirsed by new weapons, but who knows!

Cyborg Superman likes this.
  11. Cyborg Superman

@Player7 that's good info, thanks for sharing. I'm with you in terms of preferring assault rifles, it's usually what I gravitate to when I play these types of games. I've never been that good with sniper rifles and shotguns just don't have the range. Assault rifles just seem to hit the sweet spot for me and my play-style (which is that I mostly suck, lol).

12. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

That's a decent variety. So no crazy weapons, huh? No rocket launchers, no lasers and stuff like that? No melee combat? I mean sure the game never suggested once it would go in that direction but it would've been cool since it's a multiplayer game. But I guess I'm glad they're keeping it serious and competitive.

13. Player7

Player7 Active Member Regular

Lol, I'm sure melee combat is in there but lasers I haven't seen them. Perhaps there will be a special map or who knows. From what I've understood so far, the game feels more like an RPG than a classic shooting game. At least that's what some beta testers told the community. Maybe there'll be a mission/map where they are enabled. Just gotta wait on this one :)

14. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

Well we already saw the map. It's just one, big open world. :p I guess melee combat is in there but we haven't seen it yet and it's weird, you'd think there would be some type of close quarter combat mechanic since this is a survival game at its core and ammo should be somewhat rare to find in the environment.

15. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member Regular

Lasers? You mean like in Star Wars? Or something else? Because I'm personally not a fan of something like that, it would kinda break the immersion for me.
    Melee combat probably is in there, I mean every game in the last twenty years had melee, no chance the Division won't have it. I'm just wondering how they'll implement it. From what I understand there'll be a stealth aspect to this game and in my mind, melee plays a huge role in any game with stealth in it.

16. Delirium

Delirium Well-Known Member Regular

Oh yes I will! The name alone already gets me excited. Sounds like loads of fun (until people start yelling at you and blaming you for their incompetence and lack of team work which resulted in their death).

Cyborg Superman likes this.
  17. Maelalove

Maelalove Well-Known Member Regular

To be honest, I'm not very picky about what I want included, however I am picky as to what I don't want included. I personally, would be particularly upset if something like rocket launchers were in the game. It would make it staggeringly unrealistic, especially in this kind of world. I mean, if they are going to include them, they better be really hard to get. Even now, in a normal, non-apocalyptic world, it would be insane to easily get your hands on a rocket launcher.

Then again, there are a lot of weapons you don't see that often.

18. Cyborg Superman

I think you're hit the nail right on the head. I feel the same way as you do... Rocket launchers and over-the-top weapons are more suited for a game like Saints Row than something more "realistic" like The Division.

19. Maelalove

Maelalove Well-Known Member Regular

Exactly! I mean, if your intent in a game is to run around and just blow things up somehow with a rocket launcher on your shoulder, that's just fine, but personally I like realistic games(or at least somewhat realistic, like fantasy blended with realism) and that kind of thing is just unnecessary to me. Plus, where's the skill in killing someone with a rocket launcher? Not accidentally blowing yourself up with them?

20. Cyborg Superman

Funny enough, I always thought that a rocket launcher would be super-overpowered but I find that they're generally kind of difficult to use and aim in games... It's probably more because of my FPS kill levels, but I remember trying to use one in Battlefield and it just wasn't cooperating. I wonder now which one of the weapons in The Division will be OP...

Maelalove likes this.