The one thing i didn't like about gw2

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2: General Discussion' started by blinghoblanger, Jun 15, 2015.

1. blinghoblanger

The thing i didn't like was that you were always set to the level of any area you were questing,i know that if the higher level players came to a low level area and killed all the mobs that it would make it very hard for the lower level players to get any experience.
    The thing that it does is that you always need to be in groups even to finish low level dungeons,i just wished they could have an option to do an instance at a high level(80) and do it at the what ever instance level it was meant to be(30).
    It wouldn't hurt anything in the economy where the drops would be low level.

2. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine Well-Known Member

But then that trivializes content. I thought people wanted challenges? It's actually possible to solo those dungeons though if you know what you're doing, but don't expect to steamroll through them. I'm all for solo play, but there needs to be a balance between trivialization and challenges.

3. tarverten

tarverten Well-Known Member

There was a hell of a lot I disliked about this game, but it can be summed up by all the good design choices in GW1 that were lost in GW2, and all the bad design choices that replaced them.

The arbitrary reduction in level to suit zones works in some games and not in others (IMO). In this game it felt a little like it devalued the levelling experience... and the reason for that is that the game seemed to suit a progression system other than traditional levels (much like in GW1 with the story, aesthetic unlocks, skill caps, achievements...). It always felt like a bit of a kick in the face that they undid this design choice from GW1 and replaced it in GW2 with a generic, traditional levelling experience, which was then rendered meaningless by the arbitrary alteration of levels to suit zones.

4. blastguardgear

blastguardgear Well-Known Member

I liked that system besides a few problems like the old Queensdale champ train (that eventually got fixed).

Personally would I have prefered a far lower power gap between new players and vets instead but this is still far more logical than the usual MMO style where you in one zone easily can beat a dragon while you in other zones will get killed by a normal animal.

I am bloody tired of games where people can suck so badly that they most outlevel any encounter until it is insanely easy to beat it. Time to learn to play better instead.

5. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay Well-Known Member

I really dont like the debuff/buff system

Makes every class basically the same as every class to some degree just buffs/debuffs the same way as everyone else

GW1 classes felt way more unique :(

6. shadowsupernature

shadowsupernature Active Member

I never understood why people complained about level scaling in this game. With fast travel/waypoints it's not like you have to run through lower level zones to get anywhere. If your re-visiting lower level zones I would assume it's to help friends or for events... Ide say the level scaling helps more than hurts. Your still much more powerful than regular low levels but not so much that your trivializing the content or ruining anyone else's experience.

7. srofltank

srofltank Well-Known Member
    Regular

Level scaling is a good idea. Back when I played a few months ago you could do hearts as a higher level on lower level zone and still get a decent amount of zones, so I guess it allows for more diversity (all the races are interesting in this game). It's pretty easy to run through lower level zones with high level gear tbh.