Quantcast

The next big thing...

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by RolePlayer, Oct 3, 2015.

1. RolePlayer

RolePlayer Well-Known Member Regular

Have you ever created you're own RPG? What do you think would be the most interesting new rpg game to be developed? I remember when we were younger we made a skateboarding rpg. We would earn xp for performing certain stunts, and taking on certain quests while rolling around our made up city. It was fun, but lacking originality.

2. Narukami

Narukami Well-Known Member Regular

If I were to ever make my own RPG, I would basically make Dark Souls but with more brutal combat (gore, blood, more brutal attacks) and with more freaky creatures (less humanoids unless they're very corrupted freaky humanoids).

Yeah sure it ain't originaly but the world needs more Dark Souls anyway.

3. RolePlayer

RolePlayer Well-Known Member Regular

That sounds like a pretty awesome game. When should I expect it to be hitting stores?

4. Narukami

Narukami Well-Known Member Regular

I know nothing about making games and I'm lazy as hell, so gimme a couple centuries and I might get it done!

5. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member Regular

I would like to create an RPG where you would be a Bounty Hunter that took care of supernatural creatures. It would be like Yakuza where you have a hub city to do all kinds of fun stuff as well as have your own customizable apartment (to match your customizable character) and when you go out of the city, you go into special maps to take out your target. I want to see if I can create this on RPG Maker, but I have to save up for a new computer since the one I have will mostly likely not be able to run all the programs needed to create the game.

6. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

I would do something really cool related to sci-fi and aliens, I don't think we have enough RPGs for this genre so there's that. I don't know, an RPG would be pretty hard to create by myself.

7. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member Regular

I think pirate RPGs would be great but I also think someone out there somewhere has already made the game. I think it would be cool to have a second life type of RPG game but where you can choose to live as an elf, mermaid or some other fantastical creature I think no game developer made that yet, would it even sell? Anyway, I'd buy it. LOL

8. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member Regular

I would totally love to see a sequel to my favorite game of all time: Baldur`s Gate II. If I were to develop an RPG, it would be it. But to create a game on that scale and having the same quality, would require years of programming, writing and designing. And also, tens if not hundreds of really talented individuals.