The New Roleplay

Discussion in 'Last Light Roleplay' started by Skaara Dreadlocks, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Skaara Dreadlocks

This is my intro to the new roleplay, as the character Sabrina Raskalov. I'll start off with jumping straight to the case, instead of doing a new random introduction in some bar.

I was in my woodland-camouflaged cargopants and my black loose long-sleeved T-shirt, leaning my left upper arm against the wall of a stand that sold worn shoes, crossing my left leg over my right, leaning the tip of my left shoe against the floor, and my arms crossed passively. There she was, back in Polis yet again. Surprisingly, she jumped off the train that leaves from University, and was now talking with a stalker with dreadlocks. I noticed the patch on his shoulder, the same as hers. What I also noticed, was what looked to be a sword, being handed to her by him.

Finally, they said their goodbyes and departed each other. Now she was walking in the direction where I was standing. I was fully visible, looking directly at her with a clever smirk as she walked towards me.

EDIT: When she got close enough to notice me, I started talking. "Well, well, well.. if it isn't Odessa herself, the outcast. Long time no see. I can see the Polis Government didn't put as much faith in you as they've put in me. What are you doing back here again? Shouldn't you be out chasing some insignificant Satanists?", I asked ironically.

I've wanted my character to be working with Polis Authorities, so I just spontaneously decided that, hey, why shouldn't Odessa and Sabrina know each other from there? Maybe they've even been colleagues once ;)

#1 Skaara Dreadlocks, Mar 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2014
  2. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

I'll start brain storming and post later tonight.

3. m1shooter2

m1shooter2 Well-Known Member

Can someone give me a rundown of whats happened?

4. Aaron

Regular

Seriously!? Lol
    Well, there was Skaara's post. And then my IRL post... That's literally it.

This is a completely new RP so you've missed nothing. Skaara was just trying to make a connection with another character that's shifting over from the old RP. Your free to do whatever you please.

5. Aaron

Regular

My my, how'd you end up like this little piggy? I bet you were strong and dependable at one time. But no more. Now. I have you in my hands! Oh and how I've been savouring this moment. The day I could enjoy some one on one time. Just the two of us, and this blade. Not a very sharp one. And to be honest, still dirty from the last time we had... Fun?

A little pressure and that blade just pops through that thick skin of yours doesn't it? Yeah... Then it just slides elegantly through the flesh. Mmm, straight from the butchers blade to the grinding teeth. So bold! So... Smokey. You'll sit in my stomach just fine little piggy.

I think I'll have another slice! After all I've been saving this link for a long time. All the way from Prospekt Mir! They just don't make sausage like it anywhere else.

It's busy here. Like it always is. People run around on every tangent possible doing god knows what for reasons I'd rather not know. Busy, busy bees. I however find myself struck with a rare case of "BygodIfIdontfindsomethingtodosoonillgobatshitcrazy Syndrome". For three days now I've been lingering around Polis. I've taken up a part time job at a friends gun smithy, cleaning rifles mostly, boring shit like that. I try not to think of it as I slowly eat the last of the delicious sausage from what was once a full and proud link. The thought starts to grow in my mind that I myself am but a link of delicious sausage slowly being devoured by a larger being until nothing remains of me but a bit of white fat on the edge of a rusty blade. Am I a link of delicious sausage?...

For a moment I'm frozen in thought with a face expression of sudden realization and great truth. Suddenly a train horn sounds and awakens me from what I'm sure was a great moment of enlightenment and rolls slowly to a stop on the platforms edge. The doors fold open with a pleasant piston sounding melody while a mere two passengers step out. I didn't really pay much attention to them, but rather the train. "So clean... And shiny. Like a silver chariot". I've only seen about three moving trains in my day, all here at Polis. But never one so magnificent! As the train pulls out from the station and back into the dim of the tunnel I hold my finger against it's side until it passes my reach. Not a spec of dust to be disappointed over. Once more I stare into the dim of the tunnel and imagine where the train has gone to. Does it glide over golden tracks to a station of emeralds and light. A place where all the hatred and shadowy gloom of the Moscow metro fails to corrupt? What wondrous place does it call home?

I shake my head out of such childish thoughts and tune (sadly) back into reality. Whispers quickly start among the crowd which describe the pair as part of that Ranger group that's been running all over the Metro. But why only two? Have so many fallen? I'll definitely have to look into the matter before I go insane over delicious sausage.

Speaking of it, I look down at the last couple inches of delicious sausage in one hand and the fat covered pen knife in the other. What was that thought about the delicious sausage and eternal knowledge again? Egh, I'll remember later...

#5 Aaron, Mar 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2014
  6. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

*I made my way slowly towards the bar. saying goodbye to Benji had been harder than I thought, but life kept going, and I was sure we would meet again some station or other in this forsaken place. As I was about to turn a corner I heard a voice I hadn't heard in quite awhile and lifted my head. yup, there she was, the one I thought I'd seen the back of so long ago*

'of all the stations of all the metro you have to come and land in mine. what you want? come to gloat some more, or do you have something interesting to say for once?' I said to the woman talking to me.

*I did not hate her, but neither did I like her, I guess I just tolerated her. She was Polis' new 'rising star'. I did not care I had been sidelined in favour of her with the powers that be, I had my honour intact and my soul clean. could she say the same for herself I wondered...?*

7. Skaara Dreadlocks

I think what M1Shooter really asked about, is what happened in the previous thread.

Everyone bailed from the roleplay, including you, and even TheStalker himself, until only Odessa and I was left. So, Odessa and Benjamin went back to Polis on the first train there, from Joe's base. You can roleplay that your character joined us on the train if you want. But I got rid of Benjamin, and made a new character which you can see in the Character Thread.

"Straight to the point, are we?", I asked rhetorically. "It's not your station anymore, it's mine now. But alright, let's talk business instead of this unnecessary chit-chat. The Polis council themselves wants one last favor of you. And, considering past events, I think you owe it to 'em. Come on, let's talk somewhere else, we shouldn't do this here", I said and motioned for her to follow as I started walking.

#7 Skaara Dreadlocks, Mar 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2014
  8. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

Can I just join suddenly and where do I put a character

9. Skaara Dreadlocks

Read the roleplay rules first, and keep especially in mind that once you've joined the RP, you're expected to stay there and post regularly.You can always change your mind of course, but the least you can do then is to make your character die or leave the group. Because we always end up with a bunch of characters just disappearing into the blue. ಠ_ಠ

Anyway, you're very welcome to join. My posts now have actually been quite spontaneous, to be honest. I actually haven't even come up with any idea for where Sabrina and Odessa will be going next, or what message Sabrina has to bring to Odessa. If you've got any ideas, everyone, I'm open for suggestions! :)

P.s If you want to create a character, it goes into the "Character Thread" :)

10. m1shooter2

I was sitting at the bar, having a bit too much to drink. I was off-duty, so I only had my BDU pants, Telnyashka, and boots on. I figured getting drunk would clear my mind of Mama and Papa, but it didn't. Some of the other Rangers expressed their concern over my increased consumption of alcohol, but I only drank off-duty. It had been a while since I had been on duty anyway. Perhaps it was punishment for drinking? Who knows.
    I saw a cute little girl This isn't supposed to be Sabrina get off one of the railcars and make her way towards me, but I sighed as she went off course. Women usually don't appreciate my coldness. Like Hunter's coldness. Man, I miss that guy.

11. Aaron

Regular

I was there too, yeah, I didn't bail. Ever!

#11 Aaron, Mar 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2014
  12. Jet Odessa

'oh really? I thought you were the new 'star' of Polis'. so, what is it that group of old hags want with me? and why should I help them, or you for that matter? If I remember correct, they rather had me abandon my Comardes in Arms to a certain and awfull death, for the 'sake of the Council'' I retorted with half an ironic laugh

'they've messed with my life more than enough, I got no desire to get involved with them once again. go back to your precious friends and tell them I'm not for sale' I said to her, starting to make my way into the crowds of Polis.

#12 Jet Odessa, Mar 6, 2014
  13. Skaara Dreadlocks

Oh damn, you're right, I just completely forgot about you. I'm very sorry, I just forgot because I was thinking about which characters were left in the base (Considering your character wasn't really literally around, I just forgot about him :p)

But yeah, you deserve a lot of creds for staying ;)
    I'll post my RP soon, I just need Jet Odessa to answer my PM about some RP idea.

As she started walking away, I looked to my right and left quickly as if I was looking for anything that could stop her. Then I eventually resorted to going straight to the case. "Because Olga is alive", I said a little loudly so she could hear me from the distance that she already had created between us, and to overlap all the voices from strangers around us.

#13 Skaara Dreadlocks, Mar 6, 2014
  14. Jet Odessa

*I stopped in my tracks when I heard her answer. She had used the only thing in this world that would make me react, and she knew it. I hoped against hope that she was telling the truth, but could not afford myself the luxury of believing, not anymore. Turning around I went up to her, Sig in hand, safety off, hidden by my coat and put it against her middle section*

'say that again? I swear by all that is Sacred that if you are lying to me, you will not live to see another minute. now, let's go some place we can talk' and saying so and with my gun still pointing at her back, we made our way out of the crowds and into the Lone Ranger, to the farthest booth possible, where I knew we could have some privacy.

15. Skaara Dreadlocks

My heart skipped a couple beats when Odessa pulled out the Sig. I knew she would react, but I didn't expect her to react this way.
    I nudged my head and we walked to The Loner Ranger where we sat down in a desolate booth. The closest person was a man in BDU pants and a Telnyashka. I didn't know if his hearing was good enough to reach our conversation or not, but I didn't really care. He looked like he had other things to think about anyway.

I sighed and waved at the bartender. He immediately recognized me and my usual hand-gesture, hurrying off into the back of the bar to get my drink. "What if I told you that Polis betrayed you long before you even knew it?", I asked her, waiting for a reply.

16. Jet Odessa

*looking at Sabrina's eyes I tried to see a hint of mockery or a lie inbeded in them, somewhere deep inside. I had become an expert at telling who was lying by looking into their eyes, but I could not see anything hinting at it in hers. it actually made sense what she was saying, but I would not give her the satisfaction of knowing she had me*

'ok, if that is true, what are you gaining by giving me this info? and why now? Olga's been dead for nearly six months now. you want me to believe she's been kept alive all this time? you are gonna have to come up with some concrete evidence if you want me to trust you on this' I said as I rolled up a smoke and Jet sat behind me, while I absently stroked her furr.

17. Skaara Dreadlocks

I talked slightly more intensively as I said "Polis lied to you, Odessa". I then lowered my voice a little again, with a voice that sounded like it needed compassion, or showed compassion: "They lied to me too. They lied to us both". I stopped when the Bartender came over with my Vodka-mix, handed him some bullets, then shooed him off again with one wave of a hand. "She's been captive to the Nazis ever since, for so long. Polis didn't want you to use resources to get someone that wasn't important to them, so they wouldn't help you. And you were too important to them for them to let you go on a suicide mission alone, so they lied to you. They've still got her alive, but I don't know for how long. Now they need your help to free her. We need your help to free her", I continued.

Dinnertime, won't respond for another 30 min or so.

#17 Skaara Dreadlocks, Mar 6, 2014
  18. Jet Odessa

'Why? Why is she so important to them all of a sudden? And why is she so important to you? There is something you are not telling me, and if you want me to help you, you are gonna have to do better than this. And if you are planning a 'rescue' mission, don't you think that just the two of us would be suicidal? I don't doubt your ability, but you must be crazier than I thought.....' I said having a sipp of my coffee and shaking my head in amusement.

#18 Jet Odessa, Mar 6, 2014
  19. Skaara Dreadlocks

I looked at her for a while before I passively threw my hands up and leaned back in surrender. I took a sip of my drink, and this time spoke less passionately and more relaxed. "Alright, I'm gonna stop sugar-coating it. And of course I'll need a bigger crew. You know your friend with the dreadlocks?", I said as I motioned my head at the sword. "Mister Benjamin Soprano. He once helped a group called 'The Crimson', lead by mister Volnik, or Wolf, himself, to capture a Nazi officer from a Nazi caravan on the surface somewhere unimportant. That was a long time ago, and they delivered him to us for a bounty. Later, after some time, this Soprano helped us recover some crucial information from the Officer, about the Nazis. After that, a group of Special Ops from the Reich came here and somehow managed to get him out. We want him back, because he has fragile information regarding Polis' defenses. Don't ask me how he got it. It'll only be a matter of time before the Reich receives it from him.

I heard you managed to take down Glock in Tsvetnoy Bulvar. That's usually where they keep their officers. Luckily for you, that is the same place they keep Olga, and that's why I'm going to help you rescue her. Luckily for me, that's also where they keep the officer we lost, and that's why you're going to help me eliminate him. It's a win-win situation. We go there together, you get Olga, I'll get the officer", I proposed. I knew Odessa well enough to know that she'd do anything to see Olga again, and that she'd be more than happy to slaughter some more Nazis, and that she was too smart to go in on a lone suicide mission without me. I knew that I had her in my grip.

20. m1shooter2

Can we just pretend that Iakova is new to the RP? His introduction didn't really make sense, and it never let me show his personality as I had intended.