The new ps3 slim is a waste of time!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by princemubz007, Oct 9, 2012.

1. princemubz007

princemubz007 Well-Known Member

The previous PS3 slim is the best, even better than the fat PS3 as it does not have the YLOD which occurs due to lack of thermal compound (in the fat PS3) the lack occurs by the heat produced in the system that causes the compound to melt slowly. the reason PS3 slim does not get YLOD is because it has the ability to cool down quicker.

this is the reason why PS3 slim is much better than the fat ps3 and the reason that the new PS3 slim is a waste is because:

- design is not attractive
    - The way CD is inserted is LAME!
    - More people prefer the PS3 slim and not the new PS3 slim.

:pop2:

2. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member

The original slim sucked, swallowed and maimed my discs for no science damn reason. This is now impossible thanks to the new slim's top-loader. The new slim is, well, very slim; it weighs 50% lighter than the original fatty and consumes even less power. Whether the overal design is attractive or not is irrelevant as I won't be going to bed with her any time soon. However, we're still stuck with a user-unfriendly XMB, the horrible yet highly hackable PSN and the confusing mess that is the PSNStore, still no PS2 backwards compatibility (although the reasons for that should be clear to everyone by now; HD remasters = easy €/$/£) and inferior performance of 85% of multiplatform titles. Ende.

3. princemubz007

you got that right cerberus! the psn needs to be improved!!!

4. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Not once has the original PS3 Slim sucked any of my discs in and didn't let them go afterwards. It's overall a much safer way of managing discs, since there's no way for the disc to crack when putting it in and it also gets a quick clean at the same time. However, I understand why you're worried about that.

As for the XMB, well, I think it is quite user-friendly. Sure, it's not flashy and pretty like the Xbox 360's interface - but it is obviously designed in a functionality over aesthetics way, which I don't mind. After all, I'm not going to bed with it. :p

The argument about PSN being easy-to-hack is invalid. I'm not sure if you know, but hackers are usually much more skilled than the people working at security companies or Sony and Microsoft. They are always one step ahead (sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse). The fact that Sony brought the fury of the hackers on themselves was their own damn fault; yet to be honest, there wasn't a thing they could have done to prevent it. I'm not a fan of Sony (or any large company, for that matter) but blaming it on their security countermeasures is really unfair.

Everything can be hacked - it's just a matter of time. It's not about if or how, but when and why. ;) As for the new PS3 "Super Slim", I do agree that it is pretty disappointing. Sure, in case your disc does get stuck, then that is a useful feature (and I don't mind the retro design too much), but I prefer the normal PS3 Slim's stylish way of handling discs. Pretty much the only real good news about the new model of the console is the big hard drive (250 GB & 500 GB types), as that will surely come in very useful.

5. cerberus

Oh dear. Didn't mean to get all that sand in your vagina, Bamul.

6. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

What? Don't tell me you got butt-hurt over that?! Come on man, have you never before had a civilized discussion in your life? I didn't insult you, have I? I'm really sorry if I did. NO SARCASM - I want to point out, since we're obviously having a misunderstanding here due to this being an online conversation where the only way of interpreting human emotions is through reading text. :(

7. Skaara Dreadlocks

What I think Cerberus is trying to say, is that he didn't mean to insult you by saying what he said, as you responded with full-force blastshield defences :)

8. cerberus

Indeed, Skaara. More biscuits for you!

9. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

PS3s in general are terrible, my brother has had many and they've always been sent off to get repaired or replaced. He looked after them properly which was the weird part.

The servers are terrible too and from what i've seen the PS3 has very few good PS3 only games. The only good ones are Socom and maybe The Last Of Us when it comes out.

PC is the master race but I play Xbox360 because at the moment I don't have the money for a good PC.

10. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Did I? I don't think so, but whatever. :p I guess my post could have been interpreted in other ways, so I'm sorry if it was. It was not my intention to upset anyone.

11. cerberus

You just sounded so butt-hurt that the only way to calm things down for me was to quote the great fat Eric Cartman.

12. Skaara Dreadlocks

[​IMG]

Anyway, if something seems to tense up, just say it clearly out that no harm was intended instead of quoting things that most others probably won't understand and will rather take as something completely else. (Although I must admit that I found it very very funny).

#12 Skaara Dreadlocks, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2012
  13. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I guess I'm just used to discussions about gaming. I play games a lot and visit some social networking sites related to that. Everyone casually talks like that there and no one feels that some kind of barrier was put up against them. We just normally talk, accepting the fact that we have different opiniobs on things... though when a troll or fanboy comes along... man, do things get nasty. :lol: Anyway, so I'm sorry about forgetting that you may communicate differently to me on a day-to-day basis.

14. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Boy, that also sounds sarcastic. Well - if it does - then it isn't what I mean. Goddamn this text-only communication. :p

15. princemubz007

Ps3 slim and Xbox are both good consoles (i prefer ps3) for the graphics it depends on the quality of the TV/Monitor your running it on. The servers are good on my ps3 and has hardly lagged. If you have good Internet connection then the server will work perfectly.