The New Expansion

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2: General Discussion' started by Chris_A, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

What do you guys think? Will the new expansion be any good? I think it was just about time that they released a full blown expansion, instead of updates. Also, I hope they put it a new Dragon as the final boss, for us to battle. :D

2. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well it's a given that the Sylvari are tied with a plant based dragon- which is what the expansion is going to be about. Storywise it'll be interesting, but I have a feeling that the PvE is gonna lag behind again.

3. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

I always wanted more Maguuma lore and what happened to the Oasis since we've been there with the Shining Blade/White Mantle shenanigans. Now with Sylvari on the forefront and the new promised mastery systems I think this is the infusion GW2 was missing.

4. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

I think that the storyline will surely benefit from this new expansion even thought I would be really interested in getting more content and updates for the PvP system.

5. generalthrax

generalthrax Member

From what I seen of the expansion I believe it will bring new life to the game. I stopped playing for a while so when the expansion comes out I will dive right back in to GW2. Hopefully it will keep me entertained for a long time before a new MMO comes out that interests me.

6. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah, I would love that too. Maybe in the future expansions they'll care a little bit more about PvP too, but I don't mind it either way! :)

7. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

Neither me, but PvP needs definetly some fixes.

8. prabab

prabab Well-Known Member
    Regular

I kinda underwhelmed by the amount of new content that HoT is going to add to the game, especially when you compare this new add-on to original Guild Wars' expansions. But it's nice to know that the game is still thriving and supported by devs.

9. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that GW2 is pretty much groundbreaking in a lot of things in the MMO community and so they've had a harder curve to handle. But that being said I think it's gonna go through its awkward growing pains to set the tone for future MMOs. I'm not really digging the storyline right now, since I know that it'll be lagging in favor of the gameplay and systems.

10. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah, I think their business model is unique enough that they have to be conservative with how much development costs they put into expansions. It would be very easy for them to have an unprofitable expansion and then be stuck for a year without income.

11. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member
    Regular

Welp HoT has dropped and I'm waiting on the patch to download so I can burn through the Halloween content. So far the launch has been incredibly smooth according to friends and the community. It was smart of them to tie the release with the event so the new areas won't be completely overrun.

12. Chris_A

Regular

The holiday content is one of the things I have always loved about GW 2. I hope they will keep adding this kind of stuff on the long run.

13. midorisour

midorisour Active Member
    Regular

hee hee well that's usually what brings people back to the game. Getting the items you can only get during the holidays.:)

I just wish they would add something new each time to Holiday events rather then repeating the same stuff. :(:mad:

Although they did add the Nightfury ascended shoulders for Halloween. I wanted them so bad. They are so expensive to craft and I never got the Endless Bat Wing tonic while farming for trick-o-treat bags. . :(

14. Chris_A

Regular

I haven`t gotten the expansion pack yet, but I will sooner or later. I`m hearing really good things about it from both people here and on other sites. Seems like GW 2 is still doing good. Hopefully they will release more xpansion packs faster in the future.

15. midorisour

midorisour Active Member
    Regular

Well this expansion came out 3 years after GW2, so I hope we don't have to wait too long for the next expansion being that GW1 expansions came out within a year of each other. Granted GW2 is a more involved game then GW2 but still. I got bored about the 2nd year of GW2 and stopped playing all together.

If you enjoyed GW2 alone you should definitely get HoT. It brought me back to playing again. Before the expansion when all my friends came back to get ready for the game I was getting bored again but not so anymore since the expansion. :D

16. Chris_A

Regular

Good to know that the expansion is good. I loved GW 2 as it was, and I`m thinking the expansion only adds to that fun. Now I only need a good guild to play with, since my old one surely threw me out for inactivity. :D

17. midorisour

midorisour Active Member
    Regular

People are always recruiting in Lion's Arch and during world events.

18. Chris_A

Regular

I know, and that is also a good thing in GW2. You can easily find guild to play with. I`m just waiting to get the expansion pack first, before diving back into the game.

19. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member
    Regular

Been playing the expansion on and off. It has its good points and its down points. Skins and cosmetics are definitely a grind fest (this I can overlook) and I'm disappointed at how much of a pain it is to regear or gear characters because people whined about how easy it was. Now it's an issue of near impossible with trying out new builds. New maps are fun and gorgeous but there's a lot of rebalancing that needs to be done. It's more of a beefed up DLC than a full out expansion. That being said I'd say hold off on getting the expansion until it's on sale.