The name is Rymir.

Discussion in 'The Newbie Yard' started by Rymir, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Rymir

Rymir Member

Hello everybody, you can call me Rymir. This name has suited me for at least ten years as my primary alias in gaming.
    So how did I get started with MMOs? Honestly I've always had mixed feelings about them and haven't tried all that many. I have played World of Warcraft and enjoyed the original Guild Wars as well.

Although I haven't played TONS of MMOs, I have played online RPGs (the difference being much smaller server sizes). I remember a summer long ago now when I played Neverwinter Nights online, actually it was a certain persistent world mod, you could basically construct your own little online games using NWN's tools which was way cool back then. I honestly don't even remember the mods name now... something with an "N" I think at the start of the title? Anyhow they started working on a replacement Mod called (I think) Uberon, and then I grew bored of NWN and moved on.

I've also extensively played Diablo 1, Diablo 2, Dungeon Siege 1, and Dungeon Siege 2 online as well. Even longer before that I was using the old dial-up to call people I knew and set up online games in Icewind Dale and Boulders Gate.

As you can tell... my RPG experience goes back a ways. My first real RPG experience that changed my world was in 1996 for the SNES. A title called "Super Mario RPG", from there I got into classics like Chrono Trigger and never looked back.

I am glad to be a part of this site and as a moderator I'm more than willing to answer any questions you might have as a newcomer.

Enjoy the site!

2. hackandslash

hackandslash Member

I have a question.. when does Diablo III go out? Haha anyways nice choice of games and Im expecting to get hooked on GW2! Im sure its gonna be a blast!

3. Unknown

Unknown GW2PC Mod - Forever Unknown

Hello! Good to have you, and at hackandslash, i believe the game is still in the beta phase. Not sure about a release date yet.

4. cjonns55

cjonns55 Member

yea its in beta

5. Harry

Harry Member

Q1 2012 is the date set for DIablo 3. That's what blizzard is saying anyhow. :D

6. CookieMonster

CookieMonster Active Member

What does Q1 mean? Can I look this up in Google? :)