The last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'Movies, TV & Music' started by Luster, May 4, 2011.

1. Thelastknown

Thelastknown Well-Known Member

"Waterworld" was on tv here last week.
    Perhaps most of you already know it but for those who dont: A post apocalyptic film where the human population lives on the sea because 99% of the world is covered in water.
    Its a film from 1996, but instead of being ultra-cliche, it was quite good.
    Too bad i couldnt see the ending

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G361F met Tapatalk

2. Skaara Dreadlocks

I watched Passengers at the cinema recently. I hadn't even seen the trailer, all I knew was that it was Sci-Fi.
    Was [more than] pleasantly surprised by Jennifer Lawrence and a reeeeeally compelling story that had way more in it than just science-fiction, and yet a lot of that good stuff that I like, as well. It reminded me a lot about Stargate Universe, where the characters are in a rather similar situation.

A love-hate thing for me, in this movie, was that it was so boring; At times I was so bored that I just sat there relaxed and leaned back in my chair, but you know what the great thing about it was? The fact that I somehow actually enjoyed those long moments! For some reason, the character's position, and the whole situation, was just so compelling that it kept even the most boring moments, awesome! I might be exaggerating a little bit, but that's at least how I feel about the movie.

And YET there is still this threat, or danger, that you know is getting worse and worse, and you get reminders many times throughout the movie that it is still there and it is still getting worse. And there were actually a couple moments, relatively long moments, where I was clinging to my chair and almost struggling to breathe so I had to just blink hard and look away from the screen for a second to just remind myself "Calm down, it's just a movie, you can breathe normally and keep watching now" :lol:

Idk if anyone else felt this way, but it's at least how I personally experienced the movie. 9/10!

3. Thelastknown

Thelastknown Well-Known Member

Now that's what i call a review!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G361F met Tapatalk

4. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

A beautiful scene from a beautiful film:

[YOUTUBE]WnWGLgfRj9Y[/YOUTUBE]

5. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member
    Regular

The last movie I watched was lake placid.

6. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Well-Known Member
    Regular

"War for the Planet of the Apes", at the theaters.

It's an awesome movie (very well done and well written) and gives an exceptional end to the trilogy. I totally recommend it! ;)

7. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Pirates of The Caribbean 5, such a great movie! I don't watch a lot of movies nowadays, mostly shows, but I like to follow the classic franchises such as Pirates of the Caribbean or Harry Potter. Definitely recommend it!

8. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

I enjoyed watching this movie sometime ago, it was quite an interesting movie, Pirates, a friend introduced the film to me prior to my watching. My worry some of the contents are strictly for adults and not what children should dabble to.

9. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

Are you guys here for METRO 2033? If so, please reply to this post. Im referring to Tony and FuzyOn.

10. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Not really, in my opinion. The movie would've even been appropriate for a 12-year old, I don't think there's any disturbing content or excessive sexuality. I watched the original ones when I was 5 years old so go figure. :D

11. Shine_Spirit

Regular

Death Note = one of the worst jobs Netflix ever made / produced.

honestly, I was impressed at how much they went wrong with this project. The movie is REALLY bad! o_O

12. Sonicmess

Sonicmess Member
    Regular

I watched Fury starring by Brad Pitt. It is about the Cold war at Germany. Pretty cool and a bad ass that is!:cool:

13. Haroon

Haroon Active Member
    Regular

I watched mission impossible a few days ago.It is a great movie with many real and dangerous stunts.It is really an amazing and interesting movie to watch.

14. Shine_Spirit

Regular

Are you referring to the first movie? I think it's simply the best of them all. In my opinion, is the only one of the end that can show itself as a real spy movie.

15. Sonicmess

Sonicmess Member
    Regular

I watched Fury of Brad Pitt. It is all about the Cold War where American soldiers are fighting Fuhrer Hitler.