The Kremlin

Discussion in 'Last Light Roleplay' started by DaDeadlyCheese, Jan 30, 2015.

1. DaDeadlyCheese

DaDeadlyCheese Well-Known Member

"you shouldn't smoke kid, I don't wan't to sound pessimistic, but that'll be a worse death than one by mutants, believe me." I replied solemnly, she seemed like a good kid, keen too, although I wasn't sure if I was leading her to her death.
    "alright I'm gonna cut straight to it, we don't have many options, and we're heading out this evening at 22:00. way I see it we haven't got many options,
    first we could go across the surface, but that is going to be dangerous as fuck, we won't be able to look at the Kremlin while moving towards it, I'm sure you know what happens.
    second we can go through Arbat confederation territory, to park pobedy, this connects onto metro 2 apparently which we could take right to the Kremlin, problem with this is that we will have to start out early to get there in time.
    and third, we could go to D6 possibly and take the metro 2 monorail again.
    and before you may suggest it, we cant get to metro 2 by mayakovskaya, as that goes through Reich, and uh, they may have a standing bounty on my life.
    So seeing as I rule by democracy we can vote on the best way through, or suggest your own plan, da?"
    With that I pulled out my map from my pocket, one some crazy wizard type ave my, he called it a 'Guide'.
    "so, thoughts?"

2. Svetlana Pretrenko

Svetlana Pretrenko Well-Known Member

"D6....papa was a ranger and besides we got danlia there..he'd get us through if I can't its the safest."I nod."Don't know about quickest but it is the safest."I ignore his comment about me smoking brushing it off I do as I please.

3. Skaara Dreadlocks

"That, and more", I replied to Svetlana's remark about me being able to handle myself.

Nikolai laid out his plans for us, and I listened closely, and then Svetlana suggested the D-6 route. "You are not the only one with a bounty on your head in the Reach's region, Nikolai", I said before I brought out my map, rolled it flat out on the table and leaned over it. "As far as I see, if I have understood correctly, your second option is the same as your third option: Going through Park Pobedy to get to the Metro 2 would take us to D-6. I do not see how else we would be able to get to D-6? Also, just so it is said: D-6 is filled with toxic gasses. We'd best pass through it quickly, if not avoid it at all, if we want to save some of the filters for our gas masks.

If I've misunderstood, please point out here with your finger, where the different options would take us. And I seem to have forgotten, but where exactly on the map lies the Kremlin?", I asked.

One last thing. If we are going through Park Pobedy, there is something you must know. The station is infested with what some call 'savage cannibals'. It could be a dangerous passage, if not done correctly. The group I was with, left there not long ago on a top-secret mission. They should have gotten back by now, but they have not. I fear the worst, but hope for the best".

Just download the map I've uploaded here, then draw the routes in different colors, and name the colors route 1, route 2 and route 3, then re-upload it :)

4. DaDeadlyCheese

"wells route 2 and 3 are quite similar, but see we can get right into D-6 if we follow the radial line, see here..." I replied tracing the route along with my finger.
    "yes it may be longer but it could be a lot safer, as we will pas through friendly stations, da?"

Attached Files:

5. Svetlana Pretrenko

"Da....before we go can I say goodbye to someone?A girl I am sweet on...year younger then me she must be informed I am leaving...and I wish to spend a couple hours with her before we depart."I look him in the eyes and put my cigarette out."Fair?"

6. DaDeadlyCheese

"fair enough, but are we all decided? I need to know everyone is Ok with this"
    I started a pic of us all at the bar

Attached Files:

7. Svetlana Pretrenko

I nod and slide my helmet on setting a radio freq on the table."For my helmets radio..I'll have it on."I pull my visor down and look at dreadlock man not planning to get up till he says something but giving them the radio so if they need me."Can meet at exit to wereever we choose but if I am really needed in a moments notice..I'll have that on....da?"

#27 Svetlana Pretrenko, Feb 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2015
  8. Svetlana Pretrenko

Nice cept lana is infull gear but nice version of her in just shirt and pants and boots :)

9. Skaara Dreadlocks

Wow, that is so damn awesome!! Great drawing, I must say. You've gotta make more of those! :D One thing I just wander about though, what's that red on Benjamin's head? o_O

"Very well, I agree. We take the Train down to Kievskaya, then follow the Hansan line North before we stop at Belorusskaya, and head back south-east to Mayakovskaya where we head down into D-6, and take the route to the Kremlin. The only thing that might be a bit risky, is the possibility that there might be no entrance to it from below at all. I have never heard of one. In fact, I have heard some rumors the tunnels are collapsed there. Never the less, we will take that route. Let us meet at the western exit of Polis in two hours", I concluded before I finished the last sip of my mushroomtea.

10. Svetlana Pretrenko

After we all go off to do something else timeskip time :p also sorry for long post.

"Two hours works for me."I then get up nod to the men and go to my little home in polis the walk takes 30 minutes because I stop by the merchents and stock up on ammo and sell the Sagia-12 and its shells when I talk through the door my girl rushes into my arms I hug her tightly as we have been months apart."Hey!"I am interupted by a kiss on the mouth which I return then break to speak."I gotta leave again.....going to the kremlin through the metro helping out a couple of lamebrained men.....it hopefully won't take months like my last mission for the rangers did."She looks shocked at me good mood gone but then nods,says."I've heard storys about the kremlin...try not to die yea?"I nod."Yea I'll try not to die."Then smile."So pre-mission cuddles?I got a hour and 15 normally the walk to my place to the gate was 15 minutes she smiles and nods at me.I remove my vest pack trench coat gloves camo shirt and helmet and then boots and pistol holster leaving me in just pants and OD green undershirt then let my hair down and follow her to the sofa that serves as a bed.

11. Skaara Dreadlocks

What long post? I can't see any long post? ... ;) That is a short post, my friend. You wanna see a long post, you'll find plenty of them in the old Last Light RP threads. Here's one example. You don't need to read it, but just gaze, and be amazed!
    At the time, I was not really certain of what I would say. I was not even really sure why I was seeing the man in the first place. As I was walking down the dark, narrow and gloomy corridor with cells on each side, I slowly begun to realize that he would probably dig deep into my past. He would penetrate my mind and dig it out of my heart before he would throw it right back at me like a handfull of mud and dirt. It would cover me like filth only visible to myself and cause a constant smell in my nostrils. This was a bad idea, nothing good was to come out from this. But I did it nevertheless. I don't know why, I simply just did. I was not going to stop in that hallway, turn around and leave. No, i was going to confront the only man who was able to hurt my feelings severely. Perhaps that was why I was going there. I was step by step getting closer and closer to the old large metal door at the end of the hallway.

Before I got there, I untied my dreadlocks and let them fall forward around my head and face before I grabbed the ones covering the front side of my face and whipped them back over my head. I was still wearing my brown cargo pants with my utility-belt with my tranquilizer in it and my black hooded sweater, with the large brown backpack on my back including my weapons. The guard politely opened the door for me and allowed me to enter before he closed it shut behind me, even locking it. I was met by a squared medium-sized empty room containing only a dim glowing lightbulb in the center of the ceiling and a little wooden chair under it. In the chair sat the monster of a beast that I never in my life would call neither a man nor a human being, wearing only a pair of ragged trousers. His whole upper body was covered in scars and wounds, some even fresh. Discluding the blood on his upper body the floor and the chair, he was more red than skin-colored. At this point, I realized that I would be the one that would throw the mud at him.

I just stood there and stared at him silently for a while. Although he was bending forward in pain and exhaustion, I knew that he knew that I was standing there. His hair had grown down to reach his shoulders, and his stubbles had grown as well. It was surprising to see how Polis had treated him. Polis themselves had sunk to the level of torturing. Standing there, I was wishing that I could feel sorry for him, that not even he deserved such agony. But that was impossible for me now. The twenty years in the metro had shaped me too much, and so had he. I could not say that I knew him that well. But I knew him enough to know that he had been nothing more than heartless to me and all the people I had seen him engage with. My friends. My love.

"Come to cut off my other hand, have you?", he broke the silence without looking up at all, the hair covering his head. He was being sarcastic, so to set him straight and make him know that I was being serious, I threateningly answered him "I might do that". He literally straightened up a little and looked up at me with a face that expressed everything oposite of happiness and satisfaction, even honor. This was the first time I had seen him with his head not held high. He was lower ranked than a rat at the moment, and he knew it. It was easily seeable on his face.
    "But that is not what I came here for", I concluded. He did not seem surprised. "So why are you here then?", he asked me in a way that revealed how he just wanted me to get done with it so I would leave. He disliked my presence when he was so humiliated. And I only stretched out the time and enjoyed it.
    I found myself very slowly walking back and forth in the room right in front of him. Ironically enough, I still was not sure why I was here, so I took my time to try to figure out a decent answer. Byt the time I could do that, he spoke again.

"You should have killed me when you had the chance. Look at all that I have done. I have lead troops upon troops and triumphed in glory as I have killed man after man, woman after woman, child after child..... and you're to blame. Their blood is on your hands", he despisefully said, almost spitting the words out. "No", I answered as I shook my head. "Had I killed you, it would only be one of the other hundreds of soldiers just like you who had done the exact same thing instead of you. You are right about one thing, though; I am the one to blame for -you- in particular being the one who did such monstrous acts. Perhaps that means that I should finish you off right here and now, so I at least have done one thing correctly", I yet again threatened him.

He slightly chuckled. "Please do. I have nothing to live for. I'd rather die than to live the rest of my life painfully in this hole", he told me. I leaned down close to his ear. "And that is the only reason I will not", I loudly whispered to him mockingly. He leaned back in the chair, this time being more self-confident. "Ah, so that's why you're here. To laugh at me. To kick me while I'm down and roll me over in the mud", he stated. "There is a little something called revenge, you see, which I believe to be something you know very well of", I replied. "Too well, I'm afraid", he answered. He was sounding more and more confident each word.

"So how does it feel to have betrayed the Reich?", I asked mockingly. "I have never betrayed the Reich", he answered me almost nervously. "Oh, yes, you have. Your betrayful tongue have slipped the words that let Polis know of the Toxin. You did it only to save yourself; to make your torturers stop torturing you. Yet they did not. How does that feel?", I asked him. "Yes, it's true. I did it for my own, but I knew that there's nothing Polis could do to stop the process. No one in the whole Metro has the capability, manpower or skill to infiltrate the Reich and destroy the Toxin. Not even Polis", he said arrogantly. "That is where you are wrong", I answered him. He now sat there, waiting for me to continue. "Just like you believed that no one could take down your whole Nazi-caravan on the surface a while back and then bring you here, you also believe that no one can infiltrate the Reich and destroy the Toxin. But someone did kill your whole caravan on the surface, did they not? And someone did bring you down here and captured you, did they not? Just like that, someone did break into D-6 and destroy the Toxin. They even got out alive and made it here to tell you this story", I said. Whilst speaking, I found myself moving my head closer and closer to his, bending my back more and more.

"YYYOOOUUUUU!!!", he groaned out in complete rage as he threw his head forward towards mine in order to hit me, literally face to face. Despite his efforts in doing so, my head was just far enough away for his head to stop right in front of mine, as the chair held him back. I slowly straightened up, looking at him with an almost evil smile while he twirled in anger with a blood-red face. He took some time to calm down as he leaned back and gasped for air, moaning inbetween each breath. "That is correct. They might not be the same people, but they are still the same group that captured you a while back. And I am the same man", I told him. "You're bluffing", he said beneath his heavy breath. I smiled. "You would like to believe that, would you not? But I can see on your face how you do not believe that. I must admit that I do not have proof at this very moment that it was done, nor do I have proof that it was I that did it. But in time, you will hear the rumors and news of how a single ranger-squad defeated the greatest threat of the Metro", I proudly announced.

He suddenly smiled a little. "You're not doing this only because I am who I am, are you? You are still stuck on that day twenty years ago when I joyfully slaughtered your friend, even your pretty girl, like they were two pigs at the slaughte-", he could not finish his sentence before I interrupted him by yelling out "Enough!". Now he smiled more and even chuckled a little, while I was now the one who seemed angry. When I think back to that moment, it is strange how he and I just switched roles like that so easily even by a few words. "How can you not have moved on from that? It was twenty bloody years ago, dammit!", he laughed at me. I was talking like he was the greatest enemy in my life, which he was, and he talked to me like we were old aquaintances, as if he was an old man and I just a little boy who had so much to learn. "You do not know what real companionship is. You do not know what love is. I suspect you do not even know what fear is. All you know is selfishness, and nothing more. That is what you have become", I told him dramatically.

"Oh, please, cut the crap already with all this dignity and honor of yours. There's nothing like that down here in the Metro. One has to take care of oneself and that's it. Honor and dignity does not exist anymore", he told me. "Perhaps in your world it does not. But my life is based on it and surrounded by it, and there is nothing you can do to change that", I answered him seriously. After a moment of silence, I smiled a little. "In fact, there is nothing you can do about anything. You can not even end your own life as much as you want to. All you can do is sit here and rot, and take the pain and misery that is being served to you so cold", I mocked him again. "There's nothing that you are going to change either by coming here, so I suggest you just get the heck out of here", he answered me crankily. "I just wanted you to know that this is what you have deserved. This is the result of the life you have lived. The reason I want you to know this, is not to make you ponder over it and regret it. But to taunt you and make you aware of it. To remind you that you lost, and I won. To make you have to live with it until you die of age", I told him despisefully.

"GET OOUUUT!", he yelled in rage. I walked to the door before I stopped and turned towards him. "Your faction of nazis had so much. They had the greatest power in the whole metro. They had D-6 and the Toxin and it was going wonderfully. Soon, they would have flooded Polis with the Toxin and taken it over, then have you released so you could have triumphed on in glory and lived the rest of your life in comfort and luxury. But instead, you gave Polis the information which, in the end, is what made it possible for us to crush all of that hope. We killed a motherload of nazis, most likely a lot of people that you knew. We forced them to leave D-6 behind and we destroyed the Toxin", I said before I pulled an ID-badge out of my pocket and threw it onto the floor in front of him. He looked down at the ID-badge before he slowly lifted his face towards me with the most fierce face expression you could ever imagine. "What happened to him?", he asked me slowly with a rusty and fierceful voice. All he was missing was glowing eyes and two voices instead of one, and he would seem like a Demon.

"So you knew him? Good. The explosives that blew up the Toxin, reached him. The fire and the heat from the explosion burned onto him and peeled the skin right off him. He twirled and twisted and screamed in agony and pain unlike any other. The whole front side of him was red and black, and I could easily see the figures of his skull and his chest-bones inbetween all the exposed flesh. He was suffering a thousand times more than you are suffering. I forced him to answer my questions, and his efforts to answer me could only have hurt him even more. I promised in return to end his life..... but I let him live", I said dramatically. The officer had let his face drop down to look at the ID-badge while I was speaking, and when I finished, he looked up with tears in his eyes and tears streaming down his cheeks and a face expression that was unreadable to me. I guess he was filled both with anger and sorrow, although I found it hard to believe that he knew how sorrow felt. He then dropped his head down and began sobbing, crying out loud. He would now not only have to live with the physical pain, but also the emotional pain, however long that would last. My work was done, and I left the room. Polis was far from done with him. They would never be done with him.

And that, my friend, is a long post ;)

Back to the roleplay:

I dunked my teacup carefully down at the table in conclusion just as I got up, almost like a judge would bang his hammer. I bowed to the man, saying "See you soon at the western gate", before I left the bar. Polina would have to know that I was going to leave. At this time of the day, she would usually be all over everywhere around in Polis. But I knew where to look for her. Quickly I made my way to another bar. More so, a cafe. She was lucky and got a well-paid job as a waitress there. Upon entering the cafe, the first thing that struck my eyes was the worn man in his thirties, sitting on a stool by the desk, so drunk that his eyes rolled around in every direction, but they were mainly following Polina as she walked around in the cafe and served the people sitting around. Chatter and the smell of food and drink filled the cafe.

"When are you going to serve me, girl?", the man asked her sleazily. "Have you ordered anything?", she asked politely in return. "Oh you would like to know, wouldn't you, dearie?", he asked with a cheeky smile, sliding ever so slowly to his left, more and more off the chair as he reached his hand towards her. "Come here and I'll show you what I waaaaaa-", his words were interrupted as I walked over and calmly puffed him carefully off of his stool. He landed on the floor, and he stayed there, half asleep. Polina dropped her jaw at me as she said "Ben!!", with a face expression that meant 'I can't believe you did that, oh my god why did you do that?!'. But her face expression soon changed as she looked closer at me. "You're wearing all your gear? You're wearing all your gear!", she said twice, first as a question and then as a confirmation. She didn't sound too happy.

"Listen, I am going to leave for a while. I don't know how long I will be, but I will come back", I said without prolonging the conversation. "I'm going to the Kremlin with some new acquaintances, recovering some lost items". She didn't seem very surprised. "Back to your old treasure hunts, uncle Benji? Nt nt nt", she said jokingly as she wiped the counter with a rag. "You're not going back to D-6.... are you?", she asked worriedly. "No... Well, not entirely. We will just be passing through it, all right?", I replied. She was a clever girl, she knew the routes from Polis to almost anywhere. I was sure she would be able to even walk around the entire metro without a map, and know exactly where she was at any given time. "You know that place is Toxic, you can't go back there after you released that Toxin!", she told me strictly. "Shhh, shh shh", I lowered my head and shushed her down. "It will only be for as long as our filters will hold us safe from the toxin. Now, I need to get going", I finished. "Yeah, I've gotta get back to work. I'm gonna miss you, Benjamin", she said as she hugged me quickly. I hugged her back and replied the same.

"And Polina... try not to lose your job while I am gone, eh?", I asked her. "No, Uncle...", she replied slightly annoyed, but in a good way. Then I left for the western gate.

12. DaDeadlyCheese

"do svidaniya.." I announced, draining my cup of the last few drops and rising to my feet. I nodded to Lana, the this Benjamin fellow, and left, walking home to my shack, a long one at that. the metro may be a small place, but the crowds ensure you get no where quickly.
    When I entered my home I looked towards the bed, Nikita wasn't there now, must have headed out to the market. I proceeded to gather my gear together
    Gas mask, check, coat, check, helmet, fuck, where is it, oh wait, right here.
    I finished getting my gear together and decided i should get an hours sleep, no telling when else I would have the opportunity over the next couple of days.
    When I awoke I sensed someone else was present, and looked to my right. it was just Nikita.
    "hey, Tikki! You're back now..."
    "da, I, uh, heard you were going to be gone for a while?"
    "yeah, I, sorry I didn't say before, I might be gone a while, but you'll be fine."
    and with that I grabbed my gear, gave him a friendly hug, and left damn, I hope he will be OK.

13. Svetlana Pretrenko

After some time alone with my girl I walk to polis west gate to wait on the others I was now packing my fathers SVU instead of his SVD and my sawed off revolver shotgun with my Ak-74u surpressed on my back as well the SVU was also surpressed and I was was wearing a pink bow tied to my helmets flashlight due to my lady I sigh remove my helmet and hold it sitting down with my back on a crate to wait lighting up a cigarette.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    But the shotgun is sawed off and a 20 gauge instead of a 12 like the sagia she carrys it like a revolver pistol but it spits out 20 gauge shells every second one is insendiary

#33 Svetlana Pretrenko, Feb 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2015
  14. Skaara Dreadlocks

I arrived at the western gate. Looking around through the crowd, it was a lot thinner here than further into the station. And so, I managed to get my eye on the girl from the bar. I made my way over. "Hello again. Only the last man remaining until we leave", I said as small-talk.

15. Svetlana Pretrenko

I nod."Da.......I see you had no one to see you off?Or am I incorrect?"I wink at him playfully witha smile already warming up to the dreadlocked man.

16. Skaara Dreadlocks

"Oh, I did", I answered confidently as I nodded. "But not in the way I assume you are thinking", I smiled.

17. Svetlana Pretrenko

I smile."Ohhh daughter neice?Sister?Brother?I don't mean to pry...but faimly is so rare in the metro...."I keep the kind smile putting my cigarette out on the ground and reaching for a new one.

18. Skaara Dreadlocks

I stuttered at how she dropped her burned out cigarette and reached for yet another one. I got back to my senses before I replied "Well, it is a long story but she is like a niece to me. Considering her father was like a brother to me, she is not very far from it", I nodded and smiled.

19. Svetlana Pretrenko

"Smokes..shoom vodka and my lady friend are all I got to live for these days."I smirk."Good good faimly is so rare in the metro!"I cough and smile.

20. Skaara Dreadlocks

"I am a little surprised by that opinion. You see I have, on the contrary, almost always been surrounded by good family whilst being here in the metro. ...They have just never stayed alive too long, before being replaced by new ones", I said, thinking of all the lives that had been lost during my time in the Metro, and all the new acquaintances I had made.

I caught myself staring out into the air again, and shook my head lightly before looking back to her. "Do you know the time? I believe our colleague is running late".