The Kremlin

Discussion in 'Last Light Roleplay' started by DaDeadlyCheese, Jan 30, 2015.

1. DaDeadlyCheese

DaDeadlyCheese Well-Known Member

OK, this may seem insane however bear with me!
    character: Nikolai Yinsen
    current location: Polis, The Lone Ranger
    Current time: 3 months after last role play thread, 17:20 hours

The guy at the bar looked like he was waiting to start a fight, however I was not interested in that. I was rather troubled at this moment in time, as a stalker I took any chance that presented itself to me, and now a new one stared me right in the face, the Kremlin. In my agitation I was scratching at the old, worn down table, covered in a thin layer of dried, crusted food and vodka. "Chert blin...", I muttered to myself. No one I knew of had ever ventured into the Kremlin of their own free will, something lurked in there, and it frightened me. I did not feel fear all that often, when you've seen the worst the apocalypse can throw at you, and have survived, you laugh in the face of death, and as a stalker, we are meant to be the bravest, and craziest in the metro. I had even delved into the depths of the Great Library, battling my way through entire legions of Librarians! There was no logical reason for me to be scared, and yet, I was.
    "Hey Nikolai, what's wrong?" Pyotr piped up, although he obviously knew, he could read people like that, it was uncanny.
    "Fuck..." I said in a depressive tone, although it came out more like, 'fwuh-k'.
    "I don't know chuvak, pass the bottle would ya?"
    "Come on, you have me and Danila coming with you, and after this, you're gonna be a ranger too!" Pyotr tried in an enthusiastic tone.
    I didn't reply, no point really...

2. Skaara Dreadlocks

I'm gonna throw in some minor stuff from previous roleplay here, so my character just starts with a background.

After signing off from the stalker group, I had settled down in Polis. Polina was almost like a daughter to me now, after I had taken care of her for so long. She was now old enough to take care of herself in Polis, and she did so well. As she was going about her usual affairs, I made my way to the closest bar where I sat down by a table next to another table surrounded by men that seemed like Stalkers, or rangers. I didn't see them often around in Polis, and when I did, they were just passing through. Seeing the men reminded me of the days I'd been with the stalkers. Settling down in Polis was not a problem for me, as I in fact had to take care of Polina. But like already said, she was old enough to take care of herself now, and of course I was missing the action.

"Mushroom tea, please", I said to a waiter before I looked over at the men and daydreamt myself back to the day when we were in the south-east of the Metro, in the satanists' station Lyublino. We were caught in their armory with only one narrow hallway as the only way out, which they were blocking, and they were closing in on us. I had a grenade, but nothing to light it, and Odessa handed me her lighter. I looked at the stalker-logo on the cover of it: "Mess with the best, die like the rest". I muttered the words to myself as I lit the grenade and tossed it down the hallway. "Here you are", the lady said as she handed me the cup of mushroom tea. I shook my head out of the daydreaming when I realized I had been unintentionally staring directly at the men all this time. Specifically at the one who looked rather somber.

If you wonder about my character's appearance, just go to the character thread and look for one of my posts about the character Benjamin Soprano. Should be somewhere in the last few pages of the thread :)

3. [​IMG]

4. Covalent

Covalent Well-Known Member

Can I join in on this? o.o Or would my character not be in the right place here? xD

5. Svetlana Pretrenko

Svetlana Pretrenko Well-Known Member

I walk into the lone ranger for a drink of shroom tea noticing the somber man and dreadlock guy as I walk past them but I don't say a word just walk up to the bar pulling my ranger helmets visor up and saying."Shroom tea."To the bar tender before dropping the bullets on the counter and nodding I had my rifles tied to my backpack SVD on left side AK-74u with the surpresser on the right TT-33 in the holster on my leg semi hidden by my coat and my new sagia-12 tied to the bottom of my pack I say fuck it and pull my helmet off full exposing my pale skin and matted red pony tail.

Check character thread for this lana lol

#5 Svetlana Pretrenko, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2015
  6. DaDeadlyCheese

Lana, is it ok to get the ball rolling if either Danila(the ranger from 2033 in the library or pyotr (a ranger) recognizes you
    I felt like someone was staring at me, not a common feeling and I was already nervous enough. I glanced over to my left, and ,sure enough, an immensely tall man was staring at me, more passively than actively.
    His tea was delivered and his eyes were draw away from me.
    "Hey, problem chuvak?" I said slightly louder and more aggressively than I had originally intended. Shit, he could be useful, well kitted out for sure. Just as i was getting an eye for his gear Danila talked for the first time today. Ever since he was injured in the great library he kept to himself, the wounds to his pride had not yet healed.
    "Hey, Lana!", he called out, apparently to the young looking girl at the bar, did he know this girl?

#6 DaDeadlyCheese, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2015
  7. Svetlana Pretrenko

Thats fine lol just know lana is a feisty little shit of a woman lol seriously though shes heavyly armed and armored rare fora stalker or ranger to carry that much firepower

#7 Svetlana Pretrenko, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2015
  8. DaDeadlyCheese

Well, Danila is an npc so you can decide what he says to you yeah

9. Svetlana Pretrenko

Well you sir send himover lol

10. DaDeadlyCheese

I edited my last proper post

11. Svetlana Pretrenko

I turn hearing the voice."What?"I slowly walk over to where danilia sat noticing the man next to him but not saying a word to him Danilia says."Lana its been forever just thought I'd say hello how are you?Hows your father?"I look sad at the mention of my father."He....hes dead...sorry.....I took up his sword as the saying goes."I nod at the man next to danilia realizing its maybe a good idea to befriend him.

12. Skaara Dreadlocks

I took a sip of the tea whilst looking down into it. While drinking, I heard a man saying loudly "Hey, problem Chuvak?". I finished my long sip before I lowered the cup and looked up with my eyes, at the man I had been staring at. I hoped this wasn't another one of those episodes where I'd stare at a man and he'd notice it and pick a fight with me because he was drunk... because that did indeed happen too often to me. Bars and staring was never a good combination. Bars and me, in general, was not a good combination. But seeing as this man was a Stalker, or soon-to-be Ranger, I doubted he was out for a bar fight.

"You needn't ask me that", I replied. "I'm just admiring your impressive gear", I told him. I had just been relieved from duty at the Western guard post of Polis, and that's why I was now in this bar, with all my gear mounted onto my body. I wasn't usually stationed at guard posts, but I figured I'd try it for once, just so I could stare into the dark cold tunnel of where I'd once used to roam. The other guards seemed to have enjoyed my company.

13. Svetlana Pretrenko

I turn my head to dreadlock man nodding at him."Nice hair."I then look him up and down."And nice gear."Then I put my helmet on the table then take a seat beside him.

14. DaDeadlyCheese

I raise my glass and nod at the young girl, Lana, surprisingly good gear for one so young, must have belonged to Danila's friend, her father. I then turned back to the tall guy.
    "hey man, you look like you can handle yourself, da? Well I'm currently a ranger cadet, and, I was wandering if, ah you know, you would join us. Cause we're gonna need all the help we can get..." at which point Pyotr jumped in.
    "thing is we have been tasked with going to the Kremlin, it wasn't directly bombed, just chemical weapons, so the point is there's gonna be a ton of stuff there in pristine state."

15. Svetlana Pretrenko

"Hey I'm in....dunno about dreadlock man...but i'm in..."I nod at the man."If you tell me your name....and whats at the kremlin of course."I pull a cigarette out of my coat and begin to smoke."Sounds good da?"

16. DaDeadlyCheese

"I'm Niklolai, that's Pyotr, and you already know Danila>" I said gesturing at each in turn.
    I continued, lowering my voice.
    "We were told to look out for information, specifically that regarding the president and the rest of the government, but more importantly a device, one that absorbs the radiation from the surrounding area, crazy I know, my superiors don't even think it exists."
    I once again looked to the tall man.
    "You never told us your name?"

17. Skaara Dreadlocks

I stared with an empty look at the man for a long time as soon as he suggested me coming along on their exciting quest. I was caught in my mind again, thinking of the places I'd been, and that none of them could ever compare with going to the Kremlin itself. And what about Polina? Well, she would do fine. I guessed she could use a break from all my guidance. I shook out of the stare and put up a smile "I'd be honored to", I answered.

"The name is Benjamin", I said to them all, but specifically to the woman who called me "Dreadlock man". "And thank you, miss..?", I asked as I looked at her.

18. Svetlana Pretrenko

Lana......Svetlana Pretrenko.....da....nice name......and the kremlin?Count me in not got much to live for anyways."I then set my pack of cigarettes on the table."Help yourselfs da.....whats mine is yours."

19. Skaara Dreadlocks

"Good to meet you, ...Lana", I said passionately as I held my hand out towards her, on the table, for a handshake. "And thank you for the remark. But no thank you, -I do wear my gas mask for a purpose", I said with a hint of seriousness in my tone, but also in a humorous way, as a reply to her offer of cigarettes.

20. Svetlana Pretrenko

I reach over and shake his hand then take my cigarettes back and shove them in a coat pocket."Right......so we are gonna be working together da?Hope so you look like you can handle yourself..."