The first time I played Metro 2033...

Discussion in 'Metro 2033 Forums' started by troutski, May 4, 2015.

1. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

I was 17 or 18 when Metro 2033 came out. For some reason, the game terrified me though I'm not big on games with survival horror elements anyways. So I played the game level-by-level but never more than a couple levels at a time. It didn't matter that the game wasn't actually terrifying. I don't even know what was going through my head at the time.

I blazed through Last Light in one sitting, though. :twitch:

2. TheBoss0567

TheBoss0567 Member

I did the same with Last Light, lol :) One sitting's the only way to do it!

3. flickerthestar

flickerthestar Well-Known Member
    Regular

Ah that first playthrough. I ignored this game for several years since people were saying it was a linear STALKER game and my pc couldn't handle it. Once I upgraded my equipment and bought it. I am an idiot. Such a wonderful story, decent graphics, and gripping atmosphere. Blasted through in one sitting, Last light in a few. Now I'm just dreaming of the next game. :pop2:

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

When I first picked up Metro 2033 I didn't have a clue what it was all about. I just gave it a try for the sake of it and I actually continued playing it for a long time. I was lucky I decided to give it a go!

5. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

The first time for me was quite a ride. The horror elements fit so well in these games, so I'm glad they're there. The librarians are obviously a highlight of this game but in general the game has a very spooky atmosphere that I think works really well.
    The only thing I didn't really like is that it was too scripted, I wish it was more unpredictable with scares just like the Stalker games.

6. troutski

Regular

Metro 2033 was one of those games where you either immediately hated it or immediately loved it. The people that started off hating it but continued anyways were often rewarded with a much better game than they expected. At least that's what I've heard from a lot of other people, and I believe it.

I had reservations during the first couple hours of the game, which gave way to pure enjoyment.

7. troutski

Regular

You know what game didn't get better as it progressed? The Evil Within. I played that game for three hours, hated it, played another few hours, and then I turned it off for good and never went back. I'm glad the Metro 2033 became something great, while I regret wasting money on The Evil Within, which stayed mediocre.

8. troutski

Regular

Did anyone actually like The Evil Within? :p

9. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I never played it, but my brother has and it looked ok - nothing exceptional yet not bad either. I think we don't have a thread about it so you could make one if you want to see what others think (though I'm not sure if anyone else has played it on the forum).

10. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

I've played The Evil Within, and I liked quite a bit. Mediocre PC port, though. At least Metro 2033 didn't have those black bars at launch which occupied half the screen, or a bad frame rate in most of PCs.