The end of the world.

Discussion in 'Pointless Fun' started by VanillaToshi, Oct 29, 2012.

1. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

2. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

I'd agree with you on a nuclear apocalypse.

But it's my personal belief that the human race will slowly and surely eat up the earth's resources and we will either:

a. Harvest resources from other planets, if we have the technology at that point in time

b. Move a select few to a different planet

c. Die, as a result of not having the aforementioned technology.

3. stevetheranger

stevetheranger Well-Known Member

im ready for it both my dealth or live after if it does happen i got a gun and enough ammo for a year enough mres for the same time and a ton of water

4. VanillaToshi

I'm pretty sure we could survive once we can't use our technology, but only those with the survival know how. There's still hundreds of undiscovered tribes.
    There's also still plenty of land for farming, but we'd have to adapt to farming without machines. I'm guessing that if we ran out of resources like fossil fuels most city dwellers, people that have no survival skills will die out.

But i'm guessing we'll end up wiping ourselves out via nuclear war before that. When I say wipe ourselves out I mean everything on earth will most likely die. No survivors.

5. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

What is the official statistic? I'm pretty sure all of the nuclear powers have enough bombs to destroy the world like, eight times over. I don't remember the exact number.

6. VanillaToshi

^ Apparently we'd most likely survive a nuclear war between America and Russian.
    EDIT: Wow that link has really changed my mind on how a nuclear war would effect us. Of course i'll research it more though.

Here's a very informative link on the dangers from a nuclear war between Russia and America. http://www.oism.org/nwss/s73p912.htm

It even has a chapter on how to make an effective fallout shelter.

Edit:Completely forgot about the statistics.... Oh well.

#6 VanillaToshi, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2012
  7. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't guys... i feel like something is coming, something bad...
    Probably this is just a feeling, but i already am preparing mentally for the chaos.

8. Skaara Dreadlocks

Lots of people at the school I went to before, believed in this just for the "lolz".
    I watched a show on Discovery Channel or History Channel based on this theory.
    The theory of this is based on the Maya-people's calender which ends the 25th December 2012 (If I'm correct).
    But no, it doesn't end; the calendar is a gigantic circle of numbers and digits and so on, and the end of the circle is just the beginning of the next roundabout of it. The Maya-people looked at this as a fresh start, a way to improve things without "shit on your records".

Some people are just desperate enough to blindly believe that the world ends just because the calendar ends. And the calendar doesn't even end! People should look closer at this and realize that it's just a stupid rumor before they use all the savings for their families to make a nuclear shelter in their back yard because of the false rumor. (Yes, I actually saw that on the TV show about it).
    The man said that religion was stupidity, and you'd be a complete fool to believe in any of it. "It's all rubbish, and people follow it blindly. God will not save us from this", he said. But he does believe in the world ending because of the Maya calendar "ending", with no more evidence or knowledge than that. It makes me laugh and it makes me angry at the same time.

He should dig out the nuclear shelter, chop the top off it and make a big swimming pool. That'd be nice. And I agree that if the world ended, it would most likely be because of Nuclear Apocalypse. It almost happened once before, ey? :p

9. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Well, I can see the world ending in two different ways.

Firstly, we will all die out and humans will go extinct as a species, if capitalism continues to function as the main system of most countries. It's inevitable due to the amount of resources we're wasting, the types of energy we're using and the way governments enforce our lives to become dependent on this one way journey to disaster. Most wildlife would probably die out in the process, but that sort of catastrophe is not something I see happening overnight. It's a period that will take at least around a century, possibly more. Maybe a completely new ecosystem would be born from the polluted, wasted, dead and destroyed planet that would be left - but the formation would take millions of years, if it would happen at all, in an environment like that.

The second possibility is nuclear war, which can happen much sooner... I know, that isn't very optimistic. :lol: And Skaara, I now what you mean, that way of thinking is really dumb and angers me just as much. :(

10. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

A video from my favourite source for this kind of stuff:
    [YOUTUBE]KjKUqQ2uSzg[/YOUTUBE]
    Also this:
    [YOUTUBE]kVeOJuhjmps[/YOUTUBE]

11. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

Mitt rommney being elected
    THAT IS ALL

12. rolfwar

Regular

Guys, i have been misunderstood. It's not like i believe any of that bullshit (see Millennium Bug, Maya's calendar and stuff), it's more like Bamul sees it.
    Someday, people will get tired of having to pay for everything and working like slaves. Someday chaos will bring down Western Civilization.

13. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

And the eastern Civilization as well.
    EDIT: And the southern and the Northern.

14. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

I dont belive in this stuff but. Im gonna call all my froends on december 21 and ssy I'vs seen it. And then hang up :rofl:

15. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

Its actually 8000 times over :p

16. Nod2033

Nod2033 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Ah crap, so world ends on 21st? fml.. that's when my holidays begin.

17. Beebopa

Beebopa Well-Known Member

Ever since we started thinking about the Earth's creation we've been talking about how it's gonna end. There's at least 5 predictions every year. I have no idea why this one has gathered so much publicity.

One things for sure. Come 21st there's gonna be a lot of stupid people doing stupid crap because 'WORLD GON END GUYZ'. I predict lots of robbery, riots and a large population boom 9 months later. I shall refer to these babies as 'Doomsday babies'.

18. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member

If those stupid people decide to commit mass suicide, that's fine by me. They'd be doing me, humanity and the planet a huge favour.

[YOUTUBE]Z0GFRcFm-aY[/YOUTUBE]

19. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I know a very stupid girl who had a baby at the age of 16, because she thinks the world is going to end. :derp:

20. rolfwar

Regular

"Gentlemen, it has been a privilege playing with you tonight."

Bamul, with this girl our civilization comes to an end, you know that, right?