Quantcast

The DLC content

Discussion in 'Lords of the Fallen' started by sorrowscall, Nov 12, 2014.

1. sorrowscall

sorrowscall Well-Known Member

It's come to my attention that the game will feature special DLC content that you can get from a certain store. It's the one that has the Demon Daggers as part of the possible content. Anyway, has anyone downloaded anything for the game? Also, if not, do you intend to?

2. Moaz13

Moaz13 Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm not a fan of their DLC, you won't be missing out on anything by not having it, and it probably makes the game worse by having it, kind of like the DLC weapons for Dark Souls 2 or Dead Space 3.

3. wowtgp

wowtgp Well-Known Member

I have not herd of any DLC plans of this game yet. Ar the planning on doing it? I hope not.

4. Moaz13

Moaz13 Well-Known Member

There are four DLC packs already available, look at the steam page. It's basically all weapons and gear AFAIK so it's not worth it and you can have just as much if not more fun with the game by ignoring it.

5. sorrowscall

Unfortunately, Moaz13 is right. However, when I see glowing purple daggers then it gets hard for me to resist the urge to have that lovely purple glow for my own while I'm destroying things as a double wielder. It could happen. It would probably have no extra effect on my character, but it would be beautiful and purple.

6. Moaz13

Moaz13 Well-Known Member

I remember when there used to be mods and cheat codes, now there's cash and credit cards... I hope someone manages to mod the game, there seems to be some stunning particle effects in the game and it would be great to make full use of those.

7. Yosostupid

Yosostupid Well-Known Member Regular

I'm not big on the game, let alone DLC. I haven't played much of it but I can tell it won't warrant enough passion to buy extra content for a game I already purchased.

8. Vivid Mortals

Vivid Mortals Member

DLCs are the devil :D
    I'm always grumbling when I see something awesome looking or a cool mission you can buy. That's because they're almost always costing a ridiculous amount of money! The epitome of this was when loads of free to play FPS's came out and they offered you to pay for literally renting a weapon, not buy it but rent it for a limited time. Anyway, apart from my little DLC rant, the purple daggers do look sexy haha :D

9. srofltank

srofltank Well-Known Member Regular

Companies include DLCs so early into the release of the game. Remember when we called them expansion packs instead of DLCs? I don't think these DLCs are too game-changing so I guess they're fine as long as it's not overpriced.

10. sorrowscall

Heheh, those daggers though! At any rate, I know what you mean about renting a weapon! I hated in free to play games when they made it so you could only have the game item for so long before it would dissappear. This happened alot in Dungeon Fighter Online with clothes. I guess this is also why I don't mind inexpensive DLC too much, since unlike those items in DFO, I can keep the purple daggers for life if I choose to get them.

11. Moaz13

Moaz13 Well-Known Member

I'll be waiting for the steam Christmas sale to get those weaps for sure, not worth it at full price in my opinion, should have been an unlock or something available since the beginning.