Quantcast

The Division Promo available to play at Eurogamer

Discussion in 'The Division' started by Steve Dawson, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Steve Dawson

Steve Dawson Well-Known Member Regular

The Division was available to play at Eurogamer, the UK's biggest game festival recently. Plenty of people who got the chance to play it had nothing but glowing reports of it. Are there any members of the forum who got a chance to see it, or even better, to actually play it ?

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

I'm not from the UK and I wasn't present at the event, but I'm happy to hear The Division is getting a lot of praise. It's really important if a game gets good reviews in beta testing.

3. Steve Dawson

Yes, the beta testing is the first big chance we'll get to judge how good the final product will be. The lines to play it at Eurogamer were enormous and I wasn't able to fit it in unfortunately, but the few people I spoke to who had a chance to play it were all very enthusiastic about the graphics, and the smoothness of gameplay in particular.

4. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

I'm also not in Europe, but I heard the same as you did @Steve Dawson , basically the graphics were awesome, the game play was fun but chaotic, and there seems to be an overall positive buzz about the game. I'm glad it's getting some positive press, especially after the whole graphics controversy recently. Still no word on the single player component though...

5. Steve Dawson

No, unfortunately not, everyone I spoke to only seemed to have played in multi-player. So I'm not even sure that single-player was available to play at the show. Mind you, it was so popular, the lines would have been crazy if there was any more of a delay to play it.

6. Cyborg Superman

Yeah single player is not necessarily the best option for a game that has hundreds (thousands?) of people wanting to play it. You want to get as many people through as possible.

It's kind of interesting that some people waited 5+ hours to play the game for a small amount of time when we will have the opportunity to play it in a few months for as much as we want. I guess there's an appeal to being one of the first to play a video game, but personally I wouldn't have waited.

7. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

Ha, it's quite surprising to see a lot of people want to test out The Division. The game didn't have a lot of hype built around it but it seems that gamers really want to get their hands on this game.

Cyborg Superman likes this.
  8. Cyborg Superman

Pretty much every review and/or impression I've read online from people who've played the demo were positive. The only complaint was that they didn't get to try out the single player and it was only multiplayer in the Dark Zone with random teammates (real live opponents). That bodes well for the game, but as we all have been saying, I'm curious about the single player more and more as we head towards launch.

9. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

That's good that people are liking the game, but I'd love to play it too! Are there any news about a beta? :(

10. Celerian

Celerian Well-Known Member Regular

Beta for xbox one players i believe

11. Cyborg Superman

That's right, early access to the beta for Xbox One players December 2015. The rest of the gamers (PC, PlayStation) will get an additional beta early 2016. The beta won't be a full version of the game, and will only function during specific time frames.

12. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

Thanks for the information. :)
    Are the servers connected between platforms?

13. Cyborg Superman

There has been any information regarding this, but I'd be really surprised if it was cross-platform. I can't think of any games off the top of my head that are...

14. harpazo22

harpazo22 Well-Known Member Regular

That's so neat that people got to play it and had good reviews about it.

15. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member Regular

I've only heard of Final Fantasy being cross-platform and I'm pretty sure there aren't that many games that are because it's tough to do due to different software. Although, it's obviously not impossible.

On topic, it's such a shame no one from this forum was able to test out the game, but I am so happy people are giving it positive reviews. I honestly hope this becomes an awesome game.

16. Cyborg Superman

True, it's not impossible but it seems to require enough work that most games don't go with cross-platform. I think that eventually cross-platform may become the norm, but I guess we will see. It's not like a console is that different than a PC.

17. d'arakh

The core game is always there regardless of the graphics performances between consoles and PC or whatever else might be there. Yeah, I definitely agree that cross-platform will become norm and in fact, I'm actually quite surprised that it still hasn't become the norm. I get this vibe like it's because Microsoft and Sony are refusing to give in or something corporate like that.

18. Cyborg Superman

You're absolutely right, it definitely comes down to the all mighty dollar. Microsoft and Sony are definitely not at the point of wanting to share environments in any way, or at least that's the sense I get. I think we're more than likely to see PC/Xbox or PC/PS cross-platform, instead of a Xbox/PS/PC cross-platform.

19. JC_224

JC_224 Active Member Regular

I was actually able to play this game at the Eurogamer promo in Birmingham although the demo was rather barebones. Much of the gameplay shown seemed to be restrictive or hidden in some way, probably to keep unfinished features yet to be revealed from leaking out to the public. The core foundation that I experienced however was generally a solid product with an incredible amount of potential if executed correctly.

20. d'arakh

Can you share more about the gamplay? Like what segment of the game did you play? Was it some part of the story? Some cutscenes? Or just playing a small part of the game? How was the graphics? Did it look good like in the gamplay videos?