Quantcast

The Division: Day One Or Holding Out?

Discussion in 'The Division' started by troutski, May 4, 2015.

1. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member Regular

Are you going to purchase The Division on day one? Are you going to hold out until more player reviews are available? I'm a day one kind of person, so I'm picking it up as soon as it's released.

2. andkno

andkno Member

I'm definitely waiting for the reviews, this whole new generation games have been a little disappointing to be hones, although I have big hopes and I think that The Division will be an awesome game.

3. Kesh

Kesh Member

Holding out, without a doubt (zing!). I made the mistake of buying Destiny on day one, and it was an absolute nightmare. They didn't listen to beta feedback and they acted as if nothing was wrong, "This is how it's supposed to be, guys!". I'd rather let Ubisoft make the mistakes they're bound to make and just get it out of the way, rather than paying for a half-finished product and encouraging that kind of behavior in the future.

4. I'm getting this one day one. Normally I don't but this game looks too good to not play ASAP. I guess I just enjoy Tom Clancy too much. Haha.

5. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

Since I'm probably going to play it on my PC, I'm just gonna wait for now. Ubisoft is famous for their bad PC ports so I need to know what I'm buying here. I'll wait for reviews and feedback about the performance, and maybe a price drop, and then I'll buy it. Maybe. I'm still not entirely convinced about the concept around this game.

6. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

I'll probably hold out for a week or two until the official reviews come. I don't really want to get screwed up and while I trust Ubisoft with this release, it's better to be safe than sorry.

7. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member Regular

I'll hold off for a few days. I was never a buy it on the first day kinda guy before the internet became lousy with reviewers, and that attitude hasn't changed too much. Though I'll only not get it if a) The reviewers absolutely destroy the game, or b) There's some game-breaking glitch that ruins the experience for early comers. I've bought glitched games before, and even when the glitches are fixed, the experience is tainted forever thereafter.

8. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

I might hold out until the first price drop, I haven't made up my mind yet. Until the game is actually released, it's tough to make a decision. I may change my mind and pick it up if there's enough excitement and buzz about it. Plus we'll start seeing real game play videos and such, which will help with the decision.

New releases also generally go down after a few months, so it may be beneficial to wait for that price drop.

9. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

I would've pre-ordered the game but I never got a lot of information about it. That made me feel like Ubisoft doesn't really believe a lot in this game but they're still willing to give it a shot, that's why I'm waiting for official gameplay videos before buying it.

10. harpazo22

harpazo22 Well-Known Member Regular

I'm going to get it on release. I'd rather come up with my own reviews. I can read reviews and it won't satisfy me until I play it myself.

11. beccagreen

beccagreen Well-Known Member Regular

Probably going to hold out on this one. I pretty much don't trust anything anymore not unless the reviews came flowing. Also since Ubisoft has had a bad run when it comes PC versions, I'd probably wait a bit before buying.

12. harlek

harlek Active Member Regular

I'm going to hold out as always. It's not that I'm cautious or anything, it's just that, well it's pretty much a safe bet to wait for other peoples opinions on the game first before buying one.

I don't want to spend $60 and then be disappointed because the game turned out to be a crap fest of false promises and hype.

13. harlek

harlek Active Member Regular

I agree. It seems like Ubisoft isn't paying as much attention to their PC releases lately. Seeing how poorly AC:U's performance is even with a very powerful video card on your side, it's seems appropriate to say that Ubisoft isn't trying that hard anymore when it comes to optimizing games for their PC release.

14. ilivetofly

ilivetofly Member Regular

I would really wait until the reviews hit (not talking about beta reviews of anything like that) I would probably wait for The Escapist/Jim Sterling/Total Biscuit to give a review and then look at some let's play footage and make my decision from there. I am expecting a day one patch.

15. karamara

karamara Active Member Regular

I'm going to hold out and wait for the reviews to roll in and since I'm getting this game on the PC it's better to see how it plays out before buying one so I can choose whether I'm getting the Xbox version instead.

Yes there are reviews rolling in before the release but I don't trust official game reviews from gaming news websites since most of them are being paid to spit out decent reviews for the game.

Cyborg Superman likes this.
  16. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

Also for an MMO, reviews that come out BEFORE the game comes out are soooo unreliable because reviewers won't know the actual state of servers at launch and netcode until they play with actual players. They may say a lot of good things but maybe the servers will just explode at launch or have very huge problems and they won't mention it of course because they wanted to get their review up as fast as they can.

17. TheUniqueClick

TheUniqueClick New Member

I personally vowed to myself to not pre-order any games and I am not going to change that. I am curios about The Divison but I'd rather wait for some good reviews to justify the purchase.

18. Spectre456

Spectre456 Well-Known Member Regular

I always wait for reviews before purchasing any game and this one won't be an exception. I always like to make sure I'm getting something decent before pulling the trigger on a new game.

19. Celerian

Celerian Well-Known Member Regular

Holding out. Ubisoft has a record with this kind of stuff and I don't want to fall victim to another bug-fest

20. karamara

karamara Active Member Regular

Yeah that's a huge issue when it comes to online games in general. Even if the game is a solid masterpiece and the servers cant handle the massive amount of online activity, it won't be as much fun especially if the game is made to be played online.