Quantcast

The Division beta

Discussion in 'The Division' started by FuZyOn, Sep 2, 2015.

1. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member Regular

Maybe for November 2015, but according to wikipedia PS4 sold 20 million more copies that Xbox One (~30mil vs ~10mil) which is a really big difference considering Xbox 360 and PS3 had roughly 84 million copies sold each.

2. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

@d'arakh haha, well I stand corrected. I guess the PS4 is a lot more ahead than I thought, for some reason I always had the impression that they were closer. I don't own an Xbox One or a PlayStation 4 yet so I can still influence those numnbers. :p Personally, I'd love to get both.

3. d'arakh

To be frank with you, I was surprised myself to see PS4 this ahead as well considering how neck and neck Xbox 360 and PS3 were for almost the entire duration of their "war". I don't think there was ever such a huge gap between the two and I'd say that's making Microsoft a little alarmed. Probably why they're grabbing all these exclusives like Tomb Raider and The Division beta (even though those just limited exclusives).

4. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

Ubisoft has announced that the beta for The Division will be delayed and will be playable in 2016. Only the Xbox One beta will be playable this month. This very week, in fact. There's an NDA so people can't talk about it even if they're able to play it, unfortunately.

Here's the source:
    eurogamer.net/articles/2015-12-07-the-division-beta-delayed-from-december-to-early-2016

Well this doesn't bode well in my opinion. Maybe those rumors were true after all, and the game is still very much in full development and not ready at all. Maybe they worked a bit more on the Xbox One version because of the deal they have with Microsoft, but who knows how the game's going to be in that closed beta since they don't want people to talk about it.

5. Cyborg Superman

@Ishmael I'm hoping it's more about Microsoft paying to have the exclusive beta for a while as opposed to the game being in trouble, but you could be right. At this point, I'd be okay with waiting longer if the game gets delayed, but I'm thinking it'll probably be more that the game will launch half-broken and it'll need a bunch of patches. :\

6. d'arakh

Wait closed beta means nobody can talk about it? Wow, that sucks. I really thought somebody who played the game would be able to come here and tell us a little bit about how the game feels and plays.

7. Cyborg Superman

They've confirmed that the alpha will be on Xbox One only and it'll run from December 9th until the 12th. You have to had pre-ordered the game in order to be able to play.

8. Ishmael

Alpha is almost finished. I really wish I could play it. :( Some guy leaked a video of it but Ubisoft shut it down (because of the NDA) but apparently the game seems very cool.

9. Maelalove

Maelalove Well-Known Member Regular

Only as few more weeks, hopefully. I know they weren't specific, but I feel like the Alpha's usually only run a few weeks ahead of Beta's. Maybe I'm dreaming over here but I have hope :D

10. Cyborg Superman

They confirmed that the alpha was only a few days (ending with December 12th) and that the beta is pushed into 2016... Which granted, is only 2 and a half weeks away, but I doubt the beta will be launched on January 1st, lol.

11. Maelalove

Yea, but that's still only a few weeks, even if not exactly on the 1st. I feel like if anything, the Beta will probably be mid January, late January at the latest(personal opinion). Which isn't too terrible of a pushback.

12. Cyborg Superman

Not at all, and in fact since the game is releasing in March (last we heard), it should be good enough for people to play it, they can identify bugs/feedback and hopefully hit their March release date. Seems like a pretty standard game release really.

Maelalove likes this.
  13. Maelalove

You think the Beta WON'T be in january? Honestly, the March release date for the game, that only confirms to me that the Beta is likely to be mid-January. Beta will most likely last a month or so, which will take it to right before the release, unless the release is late March. Was there a specific day in March that was listed? I might have missed it.

14. Cyborg Superman

No sorry for the misunderstanding. My point is that I think that the beta will indeed be in January, and that still leaves enough time for a March 8th launch for the final release date of the game. :)

Maelalove likes this.
  15. Maelalove

Ohhhhhhh okay I was super confused there. Sneaky way of answering my question mid sentence, too ;P Hahah

Cyborg Superman likes this.
  16. Cyborg Superman

So it has been confirmed that closed beta for Tom Clancy’s The Division will be starting on January 28th for Xbox One and ending on January 31, while PlayStation 4 and PC gamers get it on January 29th. The beta is available for anyone who has pre-ordered the game, or you can be added to a waiting list on the official site. You could also buy your way into the beta by getting the Humble Bundle that includes the Division beta.

Things are happening with this game! :D

17. Ishmael

Good to know, but I don't want to pay just for a beta. I'll wait for some impressions and then I'll decide whether or not it's worth buying it when it releases.

18. Cyborg Superman

You don't have to necessarily pay - you can sign up on the site to be added to the waiting list, the Humble Bundle basically just guarantees you access (+ you get a bunch of other games). I see what you're saying though, but it is pretty cheap for people who are just a bit more interested! :)

19. Maelalove

There have been quite a few youtubers who have been asked to check out the game as well. One of my favorites, Seananners, recently uploaded a video of him and his friends just messing around in the game.

20. Ridge

Ridge Active Member Regular

I think I'm going to preorder this tonight to get in on the Beta. This might scratch the itch that used to be scratched by Destiny.