The Dark Ones?

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Campaign Discussion' started by Lumi, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Lumi

Lumi New Member

Alright, so I worked my butt off in Metro 2033 so save the dark ones.

I'm wondering if anyone has heard anything, perhaps leaks or bits of the script of the story that would prove the Dark Ones will be in Metro: Last Light?

The trailer makes it out to be that Artyom destroyed the Dark Ones, yet I went so far as to avoid stealing items, listening to full conversations, avoiding killing enemies whenever I could, and paying the child to show me to "Black Street" for the +karma bonus.

I just want them to be in Last Light.

2. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

^
    Their confirmed to be in the game and want revwnge for you killing them

3. BORIS13

BORIS13 Well-Known Member

haha i doubt that. since LL will be based off of the 'bad' ending in 2033 when you kill the Dark Ones. So most likely they wont make an appearance in LL. But it would be kinda cool to have them mentioned :D

4. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

^
    look again it was confirmed in the e3 video. No intention to offende

5. Skaara Dreadlocks

We've had some suspicions about it in some old thread that now lies burried somewhere deep beneath all the other new threads here in the forum. Suspicions about a Dark One in Last Light. There were some leaked pictures from LL that weren't supposed to be leaked, and soon got deleted, but most of us got a look at them. One of them was a Dark One, and they were all from Last Light. If I remember correctly, the Dark One in that picture was a child? A young Dark One? We suspected the Dark One to be "The Mysterious Prisoner" that we hear so much about in the trailer :)

6. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Baby Dark Ones FTW!!!!

:D

7. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I hope they'll be in the game... even more so: I hope Skaara's theory turns out to be 100% accurate, because that sounds like a really nice plot.

8. Lumi

Lumi New Member

But don't you think that's horrible? Metro has always been kind to its fans, you would think they'd take the time to do the whole "Import save" thing that the majority of games plagued with Sequelitis do.

and if not that, perhaps when you make a new game you'd get to chose?

If anything the choice would make people who didn't know you could save them go back and replay the first game.

Seems like everyone wins with my suggestion

9. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

You're right, Lumi, and I agree with you. But I think 4A Games made the second ending to Metro 2033 to be more like an easter egg, as fan service to those who read the books and already knew the truth about the Dark Ones. Many others never even found out until reading about it on the internet. :)

10. Beebopa

Beebopa Well-Known Member

100% accurate, i saw it too. One picture showed a baby dark one with bandaged hands and the other showed one with a very unusual mouth, sort of like a predator.
    The pics are probably long gone now.

11. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

I still have the pic and it's definitely holding a flute or maybe it's a carot :D

12. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I regret not being on the forum to see it then. :( Oh well, maybe it's for the better. At least I won't have it completely spoiled. :p

13. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

I saw bacj before I had an account. And I used to stalk you all

14. Beebopa

The things we saw Bamul....The things we saw...
    Heh, that was a good day.

15. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

OH it was only 4 mutants typesd 3 guns and some backrounds nothing much, OH WAIT we also had the fuhers back story.

16. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Okay, then please don't tell me. I want to discover it in the game when it's out. :p

17. Shurfire

Shurfire Well-Known Member

And because part of the plot is spoiled watch the game become a rail cart racing game with bad handling as revenge from THQ.

18. Beebopa

i saw at least 5 mutant types, backstory on three main characters (fuhrer's was the most interesting). And a few other characters that just had a picture and a title. I didn't pay much attention to the weapons so i'll take your word on that.

19. Senemparu

Senemparu Member

I would have thought due to how important the dark ones were to the first game they would some how make at least a little show up in the newer game.