The age-old question.

Discussion in 'Fallout 3' started by Oblivious, Jun 6, 2015.

1. Oblivious

Oblivious Well-Known Member
    Regular

On your first playthrough, did you nuke Megaton or not? Why?

2. Stoyanow1

Stoyanow1 Member

I did, because blowing up a whole town with a single press of a button while you're on top of a tower is quite entertaining.

3. Oblivious

Regular

It is entertaining, certainly. Did you at least do some quests in Megaton before blowing it up? You know, for the bonus EXP.

4. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

I completed as many quests as possible, and then I said, "**** you, Megaton." Then I blew it up because I'm a terrible person, and it was hilarious at the time, being a much younger lad. Those people didn't know what they had coming to them!

5. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I couldn't nuke Megaton. How else am I suppose to keep stealing booze from Moriarty if his bar is blown back to hell?

6. Yosh

Yosh Well-Known Member
    Regular

No, i left them! I thought some of the characters were too cool to die. However, I nuked the heck outta them on my second play through >:D

7. Viorel2

Viorel2 Member

I saved and did both things. :D It was funny that after I nuked the chick that was writing the book about survival was still there as a ghoul. After I checked the town out after nuking it, I reloaded from a save and left them be. They didn't deserve to get nuked.

8. Oblivious

Regular

Yes, Moira being a ghoul was a nice touch. The funny part was that she didn't even know she was a ghoul. (I think it was her)

Just like you said, I saved and did both as well. After I nuked Megaton, I also killed the dude that gave you the quest.
    I agree, they didn't deserve to get nuked and I reloaded as well.
    The house in Megaton was nice too, I wouldn't want to miss out on having it.

9. llfsa

llfsa Active Member

Nope, and I never did, which is something you're reminding me of that I wanted to do.

10. Skuttie

Skuttie Well-Known Member
    Regular

I did not.

I thought about it but the walk to Tenpenny Tower was too long for my first playthrough and I died a few times trying to get there so I said bump it and left Megaton as my hub.

11. theGIJST

theGIJST Well-Known Member
    Regular

I didn't nuke Megaton. When Burke told me of his plans, I shot him AND took his silenced 10mm pistol. Two birds with one stone. I nuked Megaton in a later playthrough where I was completely evil. But Megaton is still my favorite place in Fallout 3, and I prefer it to the Tennpenny Tower. It's a lot nicer, better and it feels a lot more like a wasteland. That said, there are some cool quests in Tennpenny Tower that are unobtainable otherwise, I think. So, both playthroughs are worth playing.

12. malarieours

malarieours Member

I did not on my first play, because I was all about that karma. I did go back through and nuke it later, though. I felt horrible and the consequences the game threw at me were really interesting.

13. West

West Well-Known Member
    Regular

Nah, I couldn't. I liked too many of the people who lived there. On my first-playthrough, I'm always a big wuss. Second playthrough, I decimated that town, though. It was a lot more fun than I expected it would be.

14. SpartanScooter

SpartanScooter Well-Known Member
    Regular

Nope, I have said it before and will say it again. I can't get myself to play as such an evil character, the game looses its point for me afterwards. It's not something I would do, so why would I be immersed in a character that does do it?

15. Amazon XD

Amazon XD Member

I was actually just gonna post this as a topic! Haha! I didn't nuke it, because I really enjoyed the Mad Max-ness of the whole town. It was pretty awesome. In fact, I don't think I've ever nuked it.

16. GingerLee

GingerLee Member

Sadly, I didn't. I was playing with my dad on my first play through and he doesn't stand for no nonsense, so I played as nicely as I could. But on my second playthrough when I played solo... BOOM.

17. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Nope, I wanted to play casually my first time but on my second run.. oh god, explosion plethora. Megaton didn't even see it coming!

18. Amazon XD

Amazon XD Member

How ironic is that though? Seriously.

Like just Megaton's luck. That they'd get hit by a nuke... in a post nuclear fallout world.

It's like getting struck by lightning in the same place when it's not even raining anymore. That's what ya get for building a town on a literal bomb though.

19. atlantasports

atlantasports Well-Known Member

I nuked em on the first play through!

36 people like this.
  20. Yosh

Yosh Well-Known Member
    Regular

To each their own I suppose! I always thought it was juuust a little bit too evil for me.