That Stupid Bobblehead In The First Vault

Discussion in 'Fallout 3' started by troutski, Jul 17, 2015.

1. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

Did anyone miss the bobblehead in the very first vault of Fallout 3? If you missed it and left the vault, then you were out of luck and couldn't go back to get it. That happened to me once, and I was about 75% of the way through the game before restarting to get that bobblehead. Xbox 360 achievements, man.

2. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Do you mean the medicine one in vault 101? If I recall, you have at most 2 chances (I could be wrong) to grab it. The first is when everything goes to hell and you have to make an escape and the second is when you're around 101 after you complete a few missions and you hear a distress call from Amata. It should still be there as well as the picture safe in the medical office that needs 50 skill in lockpicks.
    *edit* There's an earlier time you can get the bobblehead. It's during the section where you are being checked out by your dad and you have to take the G.O.A.T test. It's sitting on his desk, so you can't miss it.

36 people like this.
  3. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

You absolutely can miss it, considering that the achievement isn't guaranteed! If you're not looking for it, then you'll (I'll) walk right passed it. :mad::confused:

4. SereneAngel88

Regular

Really? I guess I should thank my klepto tendencies then since I'm always looking to pick stuff up in games like it. Would explain why my character complains about being encumbered and not being able to run...:D

5. Kitty Reeves

Kitty Reeves Iron Hand in a Velvet Glove
    Regular

Yeah, no I missed it completely. I was trying to get out and was flustered, so I didn't even know I missed one until someone told me later.

6. Zimbitt

Zimbitt Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah my first playthrough I missed -.- Thankfully on the second one I had googled it and knew to pick it up before heading out.

7. SpartanScooter

SpartanScooter Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think that if you really want to, you can use the console (if you are on PC) to go back to the area and pick it up, then go back again and pretend you never cheated :p

I think it's pretty justified since having missable stuff in games is always bad practice.

8. SereneAngel88

Regular

That's a viable option, but I fully advocate being a klepto and just grab stuff not nailed down. Sure you'll get strange looks, but it's better than traveling to a place and not having what you need. It's probably due to me playing all those old point and click games that let me gather a whole much of items (Elvira 2 and Dreamweb probably was responsible for my habit:D)

9. Typhon

Typhon Well-Known Member

I grab it the first chance I get. I have never found all the bubbleheads in any of the games I've played. Hmm.

10. muffinman19981998

I didn't even know about it... And I'm so close to finishing the game.

Oh well, maybe I'll have another playthrough. Haha.

11. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaine Member

Same thing happened to me my first time.

I am pretty big into trophies/achievements, and I was pretty frustrated that I had to pretty much do everything all over again. I can't remember if I ever went back and got all of them. I think I've only beaten the game once, so I don't think so.

12. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I missed it point blank, but I don't really care about achievements that much. I didn't bother going back to get it.

13. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

Wow, achievements are still a thing? I've never looked for collectables in the Fallout games, too much stressful for me. :D

14. harpazo22

harpazo22 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Haha I missed it for sure. I didn't think it was of any importance.

15. Delirium

Delirium Well-Known Member
    Regular

The first few times I played Fallout I completely missed it because I was so focused on the story, but after that I began focusing more on the achievements and stuff like that, so nowadays I rarely miss it. Personally I think it's one of the vital bobbleheads, getting it early on really helps you.

16. Spectre456

Spectre456 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I got it by accident on my first playthrough. I wouldn't have minded if I didn't though. Collecting everything in a game isn't my idea of fun.

17. c0stell0

c0stell0 Member

On my first playthrough, I missed a large majority of the bobble heads altogether! Especially this first one, and a few others with limited spans in the game in which they would be made available. On my second and following playthroughs, however, I made sure to grab everything I could in Vault 101 before heading to Moira for those sweet, sweet caps, including the Medicine Bobble Head as soon as I went to cheat on my G.O.A.T.