Television These Days...

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic!' started by wulfman, Dec 3, 2014.

1. wulfman

wulfman Well-Known Member

Since Breaking Bad has finished I really have find it hard to get into any other shows. Anybody have any recommendations ?

2. wulfman

I watch the Sons of Anarchy on television right now. That is the only show I look forward to watching. Otherwise I just watch age old movies when I am flipping through channels.

3. Brady2121

Brady2121 Well-Known Member

The only "new" shows I really watch are Castle and How to get away with Murder. Outside of that, I just watch reruns of some of my favorite old shows.

To be honest, I don't really spend too much time watching tv..

4. wulfman

TV plays a bigger role for me these days because I work and come home tired. I eat my dinner and lie in bed. I am not a huge reader.

5. wulfman

"How to Get Away With Murder" looks interesting but I never actually sat down and watched a full episode. Maybe I'll take a look.

6. wulfman

Sons of Anarchy is ending next week too. So it will be back to watching reruns after that of old school comedies. I don't mind that though.

7. moneyman

moneyman Well-Known Member
    Regular

I haven't watched television a lot lately but I can say that it is seriously going to to a worse direction. They replay same shows and there are a lot more commercials than before.

8. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member
    Regular

House of Cards has that same Shakesperean tragedy and Byronic hero trope that you'll certainly enjoy if you watch Breaking Bad. House of Cards is quite dark, it's themes revolve around the political economy, power, alienation and manipulation-- you'll definitely enjoy it because it also has elements of crime and murder. It's very noir-like and motivated by character actions.

9. RolePlayer

RolePlayer Well-Known Member
    Regular

A lot of the Netflix series are pretty good and original. There are other good shows too on AMC. Try 'Orange is the New Black' it'll suck you in.

10. harpazo22

harpazo22 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I got into The Flash but it's becoming boring. It used to really keep me interested. Other than that there's shows on Netflix about cooking and flipping houses that I enjoy.

11. loulou

loulou Member
    Regular

I second giving Netflix series a try. I hardly ever even turn on my tv anymore besides using it for gaming; instead, I just give Netflix a quick scroll to see if anything interests me at the time. For me, it's a whole lot more convenient and has a whole lot more content than anything solely on cable right now. In lieu of that, How To Get Away With Murder is a really, really great show.

12. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member
    Regular

I just saw this post, and I wiped a metaphorical tear for Sons of Anarachy. Makes me sad to know that it ended, but I'm very happy that it actually got to have a nice long run and that the show kept a certain level of quality throughout.

My favorite show at the time is The Walking Dead. I love the post-apocalyptic genre (zombies not so much) and I feel like this show is a perfect example of such scenario. Although, there's a new villain coming up and I've read the comics and I absolutely hate him. Not because he's a good villain, like the Governor, but because he's way too over the top for such environment. AMC has put leashes on the show before though ("They're screwing with the wrong people", like seriously?) so I hope they'll contain his foolishness and make him a good antagonist.

13. Bannon

Bannon Active Member
    Regular

Mr. Robot's a pretty good show about a hacker and his attempts to try and take down a corporation with questionable practices. The nice thing about it is that the main character Elliot is an unreliable narrator so the things that he says and does can't exactly be taken at face value to mean or be exactly what's going on. Add to this a fairly diverse cast of people ranging from normal by-standers, to corporate executives, to expert hacktivists, the show doesn't get boring in the slightest.

14. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

The Walking Dead and The Strain are decent I guess.

15. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member
    Regular

The only show I'm actively keeping tabs on these days is Game of Thrones. Don't really have the time to invest in long multi-season series.

16. evelination

evelination Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well, I see you enjoyed Breaking Bad. Why don't you try its spin-off as well? It's called Better Call Saul and I personally think it's prone to huge, huge success. Probably not as hyped as its elder brother, but to an extent, it will surely be alright.

17. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well, at the moment I'm watching these: Arrow, The Flash, Elementary. The Mentalist is also pretty good, but it finished this year.

18. Nkara

Nkara Well-Known Member
    Regular

Arrow, The Flash, Criminal Minds, and Code Black are all on my DVR for me. I'm kind of bummed that they're all at mid-season break for the holidays, but it'll be okay.

19. HalfBeard

HalfBeard Well-Known Member
    Regular

My favorite right now is The Blacklist. Spader is phenomenal and the plot really thickems as ime passes.

20. Nkara

Nkara Well-Known Member
    Regular

Oh, I forgot about Blacklist! James freaking Spader, he's amazing.