Tank attack

Discussion in 'Pointless Fun' started by TotalAaron, Mar 16, 2013.

1. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Well it was kinda funny he was living in Pakistan

2. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

I still don't believe someone like Bin Laden would be taken out so easily. They never released the photos or any DNA evidence and basically said it wouldn't be morally right to show his body on TV yet they show plenty of other peoples dead bodies all of the time, especially in documentarys about things like the holocaust.

3. TotalAaron

Well if he isn't dead he is being awfully quite

4. Lagtagbag

Lagtagbag Well-Known Member

well I guess they were busy hauling his corpse out to sea so they could dump it.

5. TotalAaron

hes a sleepin with da fishes

6. Lagtagbag

Well the thing about drone attacks is that for every "terrorist" killed about 50 civilians gets killed as well. So yeha, I do not really see how it is justified, compared to suicide bombings. Might wanna check intel one extra time before sending a drone up?

7. TotalAaron

50 Civs casualties isn't that bad its not like they are carpet bombing pakistan

8. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

Guys the reason pakistan hates us is not just that. It's also for the fact that they ARE doing this.

9. TotalAaron

God i hate these damn war shy basterds if the USA just fucking WP (white phosphres, the flame stuff) one of there citys for ever terrorist attack it would stop preety damn quick

10. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

and then tons of people would die, and it encourage the terrorist to go to war with the usa. GREAT IDEA!

11. TotalAaron

They are already at war with the western world. two if you are scared of frying a city then the terrorists have won. three they are playing dirty why cant we do it too.

12. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

You know what... I'm just gonna sit back and watch this one.

13. TotalAaron

I promise i wont escalate to DEFCON 1 (me and wolve_NZ)

14. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

Aaron, the reason they go batshit on the US to begin with, is exactly because of the US involvement in the Middle East. And because they hate their freedom and way of life, of course.
    But if some Pakistani suicide bomber blew up around your neigborhood, maybe killing a close family member and your best friend, wouldn't you hate Pakistan?
    That is exactly how the Middle Easterners feel when the US kills innocents in the sandbox.

15. TotalAaron

Look mate im just sick of people makeing excuses for them if it was the nazies would you sit on your bum makeing excuses or let rip i know everyone has their opinion but if i had the choice id make it into a MAD situation also if they hate us why not go after military bases instead of a kids

16. Lagtagbag

..because terrorism is to make people feel unsafe, not as much of military strategy.

And TotalAaron, you find 50 civs death for ONE possible terrorists ain't bad? I also guess if you were a sniper and your superior ordered you to fire upon a woman and a child just because they just so happened to be in the area of combat, you'd obey?

17. TotalAaron

depends upon the situation really if im after osama bin neon i would not aim to kill but i guess it would be for the common good. but let me ask you this a kid in a town has contracted Ebola (look it up) but it may have become airborne (ebola zaira the superbad one) now you have a choice kill the kid, wait and see what happens, or flamethrower the whole town so as to make damn sure the disease (virus whatever) was gone what would you choose?

18. Lagtagbag

.....way to go to the extremes...
    everheard of quarantine?

besides you didn't answer MY question, you're not out on some goddamn specop mission to kill osama, just a regular sniper grunt.

19. TotalAaron

ebola is kinda hard to quarantine (you didnot get my osama bin NEON) If i had too yes (she was gonna yell for help or something)

20. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

Like DarkBringer said, the extremists hate us because we're an example of everything that's wrong to them, their islamic beliefs conflict with our mostly christian beliefs and our way of life that comes from that, we're basically complete opposites. We (western civilisation) also have a tendency to interfere with their lives when we find something we do not agree with, even if they see it as something that is right.

Suicide bombing and IED traps are a way of thrusting fear into the west, they are supposed to make people feel unsafe and are basically an effective way of lowering morale. It would work if the media didn't make us all feel invincible when it talks about our military and police forces.

Back to bombing civilians, i'm not saying send off the SEALs everytime you suspect there's a terrorist about but there's better ways of dealing with them, although not as simple. Use recon teams or spies and informants (hey, they proved themselves in ww2) and get them to locate the enemy and call in precision bombs or something like that, i'm sure there's better alternatives though. (Edit: I'm not against carpet bombing though, sometimes it's necessary but to be honest it hasn't been necessary since the second world war, bombing factories ,etc.)

I'm not gonna sit here and defend terrorists but they're definitely not as bad as people think and the West isn't the world super police like most people think it is. The west just needs to keep it's fingers out of the easts ass before it shits down it's arm.

#140 VanillaToshi, May 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2013