Tale of Two Wastelands - a mod that combines F3 and NV

Discussion in 'Fallout: New Vegas' started by theGIJST, Jul 16, 2015.

1. theGIJST

theGIJST Well-Known Member
    Regular

Tale of Two Wastelands (TTW) is a mod that combines the world of New Vegas and Fallout 3. The game starts in vault, by default, and you can switch between the Capital Wasteland and the Mojave. You can do all the quests from Capital Wasteland, and then go on over to Mojave and do the quests there. They have removed some stuff from Fallout 3 which aren't found in New Vegas, like .32 ammunition and the shotgun shells, and have been replaced with the New Vegas alternatives. So, for example, now the hunting rifle uses .308 ammunition, and the .32 pistol uses .22 ammo. It's a nice feeling to be able to swap between wastelands with the same character. Also, if you select the Wild Wasteland perk, it will happen all throughout Fallout 3, as well.

All in all, a great mod! Also, you can't install it if you have pirated either one or both of these games, because they have some differences in language and what not. You need to have both legally acquired copies of the games.

LINK

36 people like this.
  2. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

I've heard about this mod, and it's basically the best thing ever created, at least in theory.

3. theGIJST

theGIJST Well-Known Member
    Regular

The idea behind it is great! Combining two games and turning it into one game. A similar concept has been done before. For example, importing the world of Grand Theft Auto III into San Andreas. You can run around, drive, and do everything, except for the missions. Here, you can do the quests, right?

4. sbatz72

sbatz72 Active Member

I am going to have to try this one out. I have a difficult time deciding on some days, should I play New Vegas or Fall Out 3. In this case, I would not have to choose and I would get the best of both world.

5. Kitty Reeves

Kitty Reeves Iron Hand in a Velvet Glove
    Regular

That sounds really cool! Pity both games I have are on PS3 not the PC. :(

6. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

I wonder how many people try to download the mod with pirated copies of Fallout 3 and New Vegas without realizing they need legit versions. Perhaps they spend a few hours trying to make it work and never figure out why it won't work before leaving in defeat? Because that would be hilarious.

7. ISKMogul

ISKMogul Well-Known Member

If I feel like firing up the games while waiting for Fallout 4, I'll look into using this.

Prepare for tangent. This brings up an interesting idea. In a dream world, some developer would create a Fallout anthology that combined all the various Fallout game worlds into one giant exploration-fest styled in the gameplay setup of Fallout 3 and NV. There would of course be some issues with just making the gameplay mechanics and story elements make sense, as well as the herculean task of getting it to work technically. But like I said, dream world.

8. Snakevenom

Snakevenom Well-Known Member
    Regular

This mod looks amazing! Haven't installed it yet but I really like the idea of being able to seamlessly swap between the two without having to switch games. I wonder how they actually pulled it off?

9. Zimbitt

Zimbitt Well-Known Member
    Regular

I've heard about this mod and how amazing it is, if I had pc I would definitely download it!

10. SpartanScooter

SpartanScooter Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have used this mod before, mainly because Fallout 3 was unplayable on my PC thanks to the crashes, while New Vegas ran like butter.

I like the way they connected the stories, they could have just add an option that teleports you to the other game, but instead they have actually connected the stories and made it immersive!

11. prabab

prabab Well-Known Member
    Regular

Sounds interesting. Does it introduce any new features or enhancements that were absent in original games? I'd prefer if it was as vanilla as it gets, never liked intrusive mods.

12. Yosh

Yosh Well-Known Member
    Regular

Oh dang! How have I never heard of this before? This sounds awesome!

13. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Thanks for reminding me of this mod! I'll probably try it out before Fallout 4 finally comes around, just to see how it is.

14. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

A shame that Fallout 4 is so close, or I'd be playing this mod in an instant.

15. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

The idea is pretty interesting, and I might give it a shot, but story wise, it does not really make sense. I mean, the Vault guy or girl and the Courier are two different beings, and their own personal stories, background and enemies are completely different. But from a gameplay point of view, it might be cool.