Tablets vs Mobiles

Discussion in 'General Tech' started by BattleAxe, Aug 8, 2013.

1. moneyman

moneyman Well-Known Member
    Regular

My samsung tablet has a 8" touch screen so it is easy to carry with. It runs games quite well and it is really useful for checking the internet quickly and in addition, it takes really good pictures!

2. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member
    Regular

The strongest tablet outdo the strongest mobile in terms of price and processing ratio. Plus, I rather play on a larger screen than a small one. I can't stand gently tapping screens either, so with a mobile, if I use it long enough, I may have a strong desire to flick it suddenly or toss it hard against a hard surface.

Of course, PC > laptop > tablet > mobile > Coleco Vision > Macbook/Mac desktop.

3. insertkittyface

insertkittyface Well-Known Member

Depends on the game, really, but I usually prefer tablets over phones just because it's a bigger screen, so it ends up being more comfortable to play.

4. dez97

dez97 Well-Known Member

I prefer a mobile because it lighter, and your thumbs move faster on your mobile then your fingers do on a tablet, Also with phones its easier to pick up wireless access points.

5. Kamarsun1

Kamarsun1 Well-Known Member

I prefer phones because I can still get away with playing games at work. They are much easier to hide.

6. wulfman

wulfman Well-Known Member

I use an iPad. Even that I use sparingly. I don't have a smart phone.

7. wulfman

If I had to choose I would pick a tablet over a mobile phone though.

8. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Of course tablet, because the screen is big and it has bigger specs than mobile.

9. wulfman

I used to play on the Nintendo Gameboy for hours at a time when I was younger and it used to leave me feeling dizzy. I can only imagine what it would be like playing on a mobile that long.

10. celinejulietdcosta

celinejulietdcosta Well-Known Member

Tablets and mobiles are both suited for gaming. It depends on the specifications to decide which one is better. High end mobile phones and tablets are definitely suitable for gaming:)

11. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayer Well-Known Member

Neither actually but I do use my phone a lot for games. I never liked using my tablet for anything other than reading ebooks actually. And besides, tablets are a bit bulky for me but I think it would depend on what kind of game you're playing.

12. Burt Povski

Burt Povski Well-Known Member

I definitely prefer to play on a tablet compared to mobile. I mean, a mobile is more portable, but the experience is a lot better on the tablet. You have a bigger display and a stronger system.

13. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'd play on my mobile only because I have a lot of emulators in it and I play Pokemon on my phone all the time. I've never gotten into tablet gaming except if it's a racing game then I'm cool with it. I'm more of a PC master race type of gamer but mobile would be my second choice.

14. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

Mobiles are made for a specific purpose, so are tablets. I don't think you can compare them but you can prefer the use of each one for its particular purpose. I prefer Tablets for reading, mobiles for calling and having a conversation, as well as messaging.

15. MandyMarieB

MandyMarieB Well-Known Member
    Regular

Tablet is more convenient, since the screen is bigger and easier to handle. However, for some games, I do have the apps on my mobile as well, just in case I'm out and about and want to sneak a turn or two in. ;)

16. jamesbonner

jamesbonner Active Member
    Regular

I think mobile is better than tablets because it's just a tablet with SIM card ! lol you can do all what you can do on tablet + you make calls, the only bad thing is it's smaller so it hurt the eyes a little bit

17. evelination

evelination Well-Known Member
    Regular

A bit too big for my liking, those tablets... mobiles, although not that evident, would be better for gaming. But, really now... who uses phones for a truly immersive gaming experience?

18. Nkara

Nkara Well-Known Member
    Regular

I play a racing game on both my mobile and my tablet, and I much prefer the game play on the tablet. The buttons are spaced out better, so I don't faceplant as often as I do on my phone.

19. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I never owned a tablet and I don't see the need for one. My phone is big enough (5.2") to be the only Android device I need to won, which is cool! :D

20. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

I prefer using tablets for gaming over mobiles. I enjoy more space with my tablets writing and watching movies are a lot made easier for me on my tab. My mobile screen is not just big enough for me to really enjoy movies or writing.