Tablets better for gaming?

Discussion in 'Mobile Gaming' started by FuZyOn, Sep 16, 2015.

1. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I know that we have phones like Galaxy S6, Z5 etc. who definitely outclass tablets at the moment, but I really like the wider screen with my MOGA controller, playing at home.

2. ProNine

ProNine Well-Known Member
    Regular

I would say that tablets are way better for gaming. Especially if you're like me, and even enjoy going back and playing old school games using emulators. P.S: Download PPSSPP, a PSP emulator. Load some roms and enjoy gaming with the controller.

3. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I already have PPSSPP, I'm having a lot of fun playing the old SvR games and Tekken 6. Any recommendations?

4. Gift3d

Gift3d Member

I agree and disagree. I love the emulators, playing Super Mario 64 on my tablet is so much fun and its crazy how few glitches there are. BUT, the controls using touch screen are not my favorite. I have a hard time controlling almost along the lines of gaming on a computer. but the fact alone that I can play it without needing an N64 in front of me I really like.

5. TheRedCap

TheRedCap Active Member
    Regular

While tablet's do have a lot of solid games from real game publishers, I personally think physical controls will always be king. This is why the 3DS for me is the ultimate portable gaming machine. While Tablets can support high end graphics and interesting game mechanics using touch and tilt controls, these come off as gimmicky after a while and really leave something to be desired. I personally have never been immersed in a tablet game in the same degree as a 3DS RPG or Adventure game has.

6. ProNine

ProNine Well-Known Member
    Regular

You might call it a stretch. However, I bought a cheap PS3 controller and use it with my phone/tablet for gaming. You don't have to buy an original expensive controller as any knock off brand will do the job as long as it's functional.

7. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I still cannot bring myself to play these types of games on a tablet or a phone. Something about getting the whole experience with a chair and a good sound system and a big screen is important for me, so the mobile devices just don't cut it. That said, though, there are a lot of good mobile games out there that I can spend a lot of time on, just nothing too intense.

8. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I would say tablets are better, they are much bigger and can be far easier to control. The keypad and screen are much larger and easier for one to play games on.

9. Athanas

Athanas Well-Known Member
    Regular

They are even better than the normal phones since they offer a larger display.

10. overcast

overcast Well-Known Member
    Regular

If you have enough money then you can consider buying tablets. But they do cost a lot and also there seems to be maintenance for such type of the games. So it may often need maintenance if you play too much.

11. Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha Well-Known Member
    Regular

I won't say tablets are better for gaming because each device has it's own advantages and disadvantages.

Unless you compare tablets to another device than we might say tablets are better. As for me, it depends with a gamer's choice and needs.