Tablet vs phones?

Discussion in 'Mobile Gaming' started by FuZyOn, Sep 16, 2015.

1. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

What is the best device for gaming? I know that phones are much more convenient, especially while you're en route but tablets are better for the home environment IMO.

2. Freddymac1

Freddymac1 Member

Battery life is pretty good on the newer phones, but really, it's the tablets that have the "all-day" battery.

If you were in the market for a new device, and looking at mostly the gaming side of things, I'd go for a tablet. Pound-for-pound, I reckon they're cheaper.

#2 Freddymac1, Sep 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2015
  3. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

The problem with tablets is that they're not that optimized, they're starting to lose popularity. Honestly, the battery life on them isn't that impressive either. The screens are pretty big.

4. Freddymac1

Freddymac1 Member

I feel they're losing market because the phones are getting enormous.

The battery in my tablet is the size of a large phone, it's capacity is fantastic. I charge my Samsung S2 Tab once a week, I get around 15 hours screen on time, and it's well supported.

#4 Freddymac1, Sep 20, 2015
  5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yup. For example, look at the Nexus 6 - one inch less than the Nexus 7 tablet and it has superior hardware, I don't know if it's just bad marketing from Google or they don't focus on tablets anymore.

6. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I would say a tablet, but I rather stick to my phone since it is more convenient to carry around and the fact that most of my games I play is on my phone if not my handhelds.

7. Freddymac1

Freddymac1 Member

Can't exactly whip out a tablet for a quick game of Alphabear while in a queue!

I'd feel so stupid, people judging my strategy from behind me while I poke at a glowing slab of glass...

#7 Freddymac1, Sep 22, 2015
  8. harpazo22

harpazo22 Well-Known Member
    Regular

It's fun on tablet for home setting, but I usually just play on my smartphone.

9. Spectre456

Spectre456 Well-Known Member
    Regular

If you really have to choose between a tablet and a phone for gaming I'd say the former is better. That said, they are both awful gaming devices unless you only play simple games on them.

10. Delirium

Delirium Well-Known Member
    Regular

For gaming? I'd say tablets. I think it's pretty obvious that it's the superior option. Phones weren't exactly made for gaming anyway. I mean neither was tablets, but it's not like it had that many uses to begin with. I use it to read a book and that's about it.

11. misskrystal1982

misskrystal1982 Active Member
    Regular

I personally can't stand playing games on my phone. I only play games on my iPad. I tell my kids it must be because I am old now and like a bigger screen. I just find phones too small for my fingers to get in there and do any gaming, but I am still rocking the iPhone 4s, too.

12. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

Between the two, I'd say that tablets are better for gaming. It's more comfortable and you have a bigger screen. Most games are far better on a tablet.

13. Sealpikachu

Sealpikachu Member

I prefer tablets by far. Many times I have screwed up because of the small phone screen and I end uo clicking something I wasn't supoosed to. Tablets have better screens and I feel better graphic appreciation. I like looking at all the details and phones make that very hard.

14. Z-wall

Z-wall Well-Known Member
    Regular

15. Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have played games on both tablets and smartphone. To be sincere, I prefer tablets because the screen is bigger and it's so much fun playing a game with both hands.

With a smartphone, it will depend with the version you have because not all phones support the same games.

16. Athanas

Athanas Well-Known Member
    Regular

Tablets have larger display than phonea, hence the user can't strain his/ her eyes.