State of the game now compared to 5 months ago

Discussion in 'Heroes of the Storm' started by Sworden, May 12, 2016.

1. Sworden

Sworden Well-Known Member
    Regular

So I'm not sure how long you guys have been following/playing Hots, but I had a question for those of you who've been here for a while.

The game really has changed a decent bit compared to 4-5 months ago, and so what do you guys think of the changes and tweaks? Since then we've had a few heroes' entire talent tree reworked, we've had many more heroes released , a few maps, a few events, and much more promised to come.

We've also had that ARAM esque game released for custom games only.

What do you guys think of Blizzard's pace and their changes/balancing?

2. ADE001

ADE001 Member
    Regular

You can tell they are still invested in this game. And they really listen to the community which has improved this game a great deal. I've been playing for a year now and at first the changes didn't come that quick, but like you said, there have been many good changes the last 4-5 months. And there's more on the horizon. Bans made HL so much better for me. Quicker patches with minor tweaks also really improved the quality of the game. No longer are we stuck in stunlock meta for 2-3 months. And soon they are finally kicking off season one. All in all very pleased and I can't see why I would switch games anytime soon. I'm quite the casual gamer and Heroes is perfect for an hour here and there.

3. Sworden

Sworden Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yep, it really is the best game to play just every once in a while. No 40 minute long matches, no being so invested into a single match that you rage like crazy if you lose.

Heroes that you already know and are interested in, and of course, it's Blizzard. For the most part, I trust Blizzard as a developer , and while I was skeptical at first on how they were taking Hots, I've really come to like what it's become.

Yeah there's no last hitting, but instead theres a crazy amount of team fights, and you need to actively adjust your talent build based on who you're playing against, and what style of play you want to do.

I also like how supports are actually more akin to 'healers' in WoW, in that they need to die first and foremost.