Quantcast

Star Wars Uprising

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by MandyMarieB, Oct 1, 2015.

1. MandyMarieB

MandyMarieB Well-Known Member Regular

Is anyone else playing this new mobile RPG? It just started on Sept 10th, but I've been playing and I'm a bit addicted to it at the moment! The story takes place between the 6th and 7th films. You are able to create a character at the beginning, choosing your species and physical features. Clothing, skills and alliances are earned throughout the game.

2. RolePlayer

RolePlayer Well-Known Member Regular

I've checked it out. It isn't completely relatable to the series. It's missing certain elements and characters of a standard Star Wars branded game. There are better games to be had out there I.M.H.O.

3. MandyMarieB

Well, it takes place literally just after the events of the sixth film, showing what is happening to other planets in that aftermath. So it kind of gives us a different look at what's going on, and bridges into the upcoming film. :) But that's why there's no Luke, Leia, etc. They are currently on Endor, or leaving it just after I suppose.

4. shadejb

shadejb Well-Known Member Regular

The story is hit or miss so far IMO, but the gameplay is quite good, and it is actually one of the "good" F2P games on mobile at the moment. I would recommend trying it out, after all, it's definitely better than the other Star Wars game (a card game basically).

5. MandyMarieB

The story has been rolling out pretty slow, too. Hopefully as we get more, it will pick up. (Especially after the release of the movie this week. I have a feeling we're going to be getting a few more chapters rolling out quickly after that.)

And yeah, I eventually deleted the Topps Trading Card one... it would have been one thing if you could battle using the cards or something, but just collecting? It was taking too much space for that.

6. shadejb

Yeah, I'm hoping for a big update after the movie rolls out, but we'll have to wait and see. At least the combat is quite good, you do a bit of active positioning in battle. Although I'd admit the character creation is lacking, I basically made a better looking Darth Maul lol.

7. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

I would love an update after most of the people watched the movie, it would certainly bump its downloads. It's a good game though!

8. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member Regular

I have never heard about this game before. Is it an RPG? Is it any good? Also, can you play it on anything else then Android?

9. shadejb

It's an Android RPG with online elements. The story follows the events of the sixth film, and put you as a bountry hunter with your sister. You control by touch, fires are automatic and you have a few skills depends on the weapon. It's free to play, but better than most F2P on Android, you don't feel very restricted for not spending money and story wise it is interesting to unravel. It's on iOS and Android at the moment, so give it a try if you want.

10. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member Regular

Oh man, I can't believe I haven't heard about this game. I'm an absolute Star Wars fanatic and I think I'll definitely give this game a go. Is the story related to the characters from the movies though? It'd be cool to run into Luke and the crew and help them in battle and stuff like that.

11. vegito12

vegito12 Well-Known Member Regular

I think it is a nice game and it looks nice for the year 2015 year and also like how the story is strong and also how it is nice to play in the Star War games and it can be amazing and as it is in the mobile, it can be good and also good way to spend your time in the evening. It is nice to see a game which is made for fans and can people excited and also think this game would be suitable for people who are interested in the movies and also like the games as well. I like how the game has nice music and also it is set after Return of the Jedi and has new characters in the game and hope there is more to the story as I go on in the story.

12. evelination

evelination Well-Known Member Regular

Well, folks, it's Star Wars. Any further ado would be in vain. I'd play this game only because it's named after probably the most hyped thing on this planet.

13. MandyMarieB

There is at least plenty to do at the moment -- lots of game-wide events happening. A get-a-droid campaign, and the sector battles. Plus, the new missions you can buy with the holocrons you earn in Crew Runs. At the moment, I'm trying to complete my gear blueprints so I can upgrade my crew. So there's ALWAYS something to be working on; doesn't get slow.