Quantcast

Sora's II outfit vs. it's first.

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts' started by sorrowscall, Jan 15, 2015.

1. sorrowscall

sorrowscall Well-Known Member

On a personal level, I'd of loved to see a more matured color scheme style of his original from KH1, but Sora's outfit from KH2 is honestly a perfect fit as well. In the end, either way, for better or worse, KH2's outfit is the one that I like more sense it did sort of mature the old one. It wasn't a completely new design. What are everyone elses thoughts on the outfits?

2. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member Regular

They were both fine. I imagine he'll get a more mature and serious looking one for Kingdom Hearts III.

3. sorrowscall

sorrowscall Well-Known Member

I hope so, though I'm not entirely sure how Disney plans to top the previous outfit by adding even more detail to it unless they change his look altogether; no more big looking shoes and no more puffy shorts of varied colors. Maybe they'll go for a less boyish look if the character is now older? Like with what happened to Rikku since he certainly looked much older than his friend in the second game.

4. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member Regular

I can definitely see as Sora grows, then so does his wardrobe. It makes sense considering that the franchise is maturing overall and the original target audience is in their 20's-30's now.

5. Nolan Watt

Nolan Watt Well-Known Member

I quite liked the childish one from the first Kingdom Hearts I, but the second one was alright as well.

6. anadrotowski

anadrotowski Well-Known Member Regular

The second game featured a more mature young adult, rather than the childish Sora in the first game. The game has got to mature as much as the characters do. Thus, the characters must be given more adult clothes. It only makes sense that in KH3, Sora and the others would be given more fitting clothes. I hope the designs are along the lines of KH2, rather than the designs in KH. I adored the older look rather than the original, but both outfits were definitely fitting to me.

7. MrZ0mbiesFanatic

MrZ0mbiesFanatic Well-Known Member

I personally enjoyed the second outfit the best. The first outfit looked childish. Can not wait to see what he looks like in Kingdom Hearts 3.

8. Dame6089

Dame6089 Active Member

I am guessing they will give him an even more serious outfit than what he had in KH2. This generation of gamers is all about dark and moody things, so I imagine that they will try to make a small appeal to this group by making Sora seem a little dark even though the game can be comical at times.

9. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith Member

The first one is more iconic, but I much prefer the second one as it makes him look more mature and badass. Gives him a more final fantasy look as his first was more Disney.

10. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member Regular

Both first and the second outfit was alright for me. But I like the second outfit because it looks cooler than the first.

11. SpartanScooter

SpartanScooter Well-Known Member Regular

I liked the first one since it's based on Mickey Mouse's costume and Mickey is probably my favorite Disney character (either him or Donald) It also stood out more and was more Disney and less Final Fantasy. Not that I have a problem with Final Fantasy, but I just found that the original fits more into the colorful Disney worlds.

12. ChilledFlamez

ChilledFlamez Member

I feel that the KHII outfit for Sora was better than the first. Not only did it look cooler to me, but it also had an actual use in battle, which was the Drive Forms. It allowed Sora to change his proficiency and attack styles to best fit whoever he was fighting.

13. D Rob

D Rob New Member

Neither of Sora's standard outfits in KH I or KH II were my favorite, but I prefer the one he wears in KH II. In KH III I hope the outfit they showed in the last trailer is not the only one he wears, it looks kind of ugly in my opinion. I do like that they have made him look older in each of the main titles, but they need to work on a good outfit for Sora! His KH 3D outfit was probably the best one, and that was with the young version of Sora. In fact if you want to see a more matured color-scheme of his first outfit in KH I then check out the outfit he wears in Dream Drop Distance. Besides, you have to play that game before you play KH III, it has a ton of story.

14. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member Regular

Eh, I'm neutral on both outfits though I like the coloring design of the second one better. I know Nomura loves putting belts and zippers on clothes, but it would be nice if he could possibly tone it down a bit with the character designs for the third game.

15. MandyMarieB

MandyMarieB Well-Known Member Regular

I love both outfits, but I think I love KH2's more. Especially how Sora received it: the Three Good Fairies! That was just perfect.

16. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Well-Known Member Regular

The concepts for Sora's costumes have always been cool, probably thanks to Tetsuya Nomura's designs. Be it his default look or the costumes for particular worlds, one of my favorites being the one for Nightmare Before Christmas, he looks well designed and still sort of fits in with both the Disney characters and the Final Fantasy ones. His look in KH1 was more whimsical and childish, but it fit him well. In KH2, Sora has matured a bit more, and so did his design. It also fits how KH2 is a bit darker than KH1 because of Sora's growth and the introduction of the Nobodies. Sora's design contrasts Roxas, which is another good design point. Those are my thoughts, at least.

17. Sweeriebanana

Sweeriebanana Active Member Regular

I loved KH2 more than 1, but In terms of outfit I would go for 2 cause it's more advanced in terms of gameplay and storylines.