Some good RTS games to look out for?

Discussion in 'General Tech' started by Nickey22, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Nickey22

Nickey22 Active Member

Hey guys, so I have been interested in some new RTS games, and was wondering if you guys know of any good ones worth checking out? I just recently started playing The Battle For Wesnoth. Not sure if that's turn based or real time, probably turn based. But I really want a real time strategy game to get into. Any suggestions?

2. Morgan

Morgan Well-Known Member

Well star craft is a must. I used to play that a lot, and still do from time to time. If you want to you can even check out Star Craft 2. I'd recommend SC1 though. Anyways I'd also recommend Company of Heroes, Age of Empires 2 and 3, and maybe Dungeon Keeper 2. I'm sure there's many more that I couldn't think of. ;)

Morgan.

3. Cutler4Life

Cutler4Life Active Member

Starcraft 2 is a fantastic game. Age of empires made my childhood. Does anyone remember roller coaster tycoon too? Those were amazing!!

4. Wowfan

Wowfan Member

Age of empires 2 and 3 were pretty fun. Did anyone actually play the game we were supposed to? I always put the cheat codes in and drove cars around :p

5. alfonso

alfonso Well-Known Member

Command and Conquer is coming out with a game this year. I'm really looking forward to this release, I've been a fan of command and conquer games since the Tiberian Series. You can apply to play the BETA version on their website, just click the link below.

http://www.commandandconquer.com/en/

6. Zlyuka

Zlyuka Well-Known Member

Rome II Total War, it is new (released September 2013). Some massive huge epic battles out there! Absolutely love Total War series since the first Rome TW, but Rome II is even better.

7. Weasel

Weasel Member

I like Company of Heroes. I haven't played the new version yet but the first one was gold. But choose something that has an interesting topic, CoH has WW2 and SC2 has scifi like.

8. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'd recommend going back to the older ones. The first CoH was great, same with the older C&C. Most new ones just don't have the same gameplay.

9. Astdua

Astdua Well-Known Member
    Regular

Not much good Real Time Strategy lately. The best place to look at is the early and mid 2000s. Warcraft 3 is a personal favorite. This year I played a bunch of AoE 2 games with a friend and it made me realize that this is probably a genre-defining game. It has aged well and holds up in terms of gameplay. Go for it for some fun casual RTS.

10. pr0xx1d

pr0xx1d Well-Known Member

I hear Rome Total War II is to die for. The graphics look amazing, the gameplay footage looks epic, and the sheer size of the game is mindblowing. Love it.

11. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I would also say StarCraft 2 I usually don't play RTS games, but I gave it a go because everyone I knew was playing it and I got addicted to the game for a little bit it is really fun game! and if you have not played it yet I would highly recommend giving it a try!

12. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

I like the title of this particular one Rome Total War II. I'm thinking if some elements of non fiction is there. I haven't seen this particular game, would need a research about the game and hopefully play soon.

13. Benoit W

Benoit W Well-Known Member
    Regular

RTS Gаmеs аrе оnе оf my fаvоuritе gеnrеs in gаming. Sо my pеrsоnаl аll timе fаvоuritе RTS gаmеs аrе:-
    Соmmаnd & соnquеr sеriеs. оnе оf thе оldеst RTS gаming frаnсhisе, с&с gаmеs аrе my аll timе fаvоuritеs. еspесiаlly с&с Gеnеrаls Zеrо Hоur. I аlsо lоvе plаying с&с3 Tibеrium Wаrs аnd Rеd аlеrt 2 аnd 3.а striking fеаturе whiсh mаkеs this sеriеs еvеn сооlеr is thе аvаilаbility оf Mоds whiсh furthеr аdds tо thе еnjоymеnt.
    Соmpаny оf Hеrоеs. Pеrhаps thе bеst RTS gаmе еvеr mаdе in WW2 sеtting. Frоm аwеsоmе grаphiсs tо еngаging gаming mесhаniсs, this gаmе surе mаkеs yоu fееl thаt yоu аrе right in сеntеr оf а wоrld wаr 2 bаttlеfiеld. It's еxpаnsiоns оppоsing frоnts аnd Tаlеs оf vаlоr аgаin аdds mоrе fun in thе аrrаy. аlsо fоr this gаmе thеrе аrе plеnty оf mоds аvаilаblе аs wеll аs mаps sо yоu will nеvеr bе bоrеd.
    Risе оf Nаtiоns. аnоthеr сlаssiс gаmе whеrе strаtеgy соmеs tо plаy in а widе sсаlе. Its а оld gаmе nеvеrthеlеss it аllоws yоu tо plаy аs Nаtiоns frоm thе аnсiеnt аgе tо thе prеsеnt dаy. Frоm соmmаnding аrrаys оf phаlаnxеs tо nukеs, RоN will bе а jоyоus rоllеr соаstеr ridе.