[Solved] Sudden lowering of FOV and blurry firearm

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion & Support' started by PotSmokingOx, Dec 24, 2014.

1. PotSmokingOx

PotSmokingOx New Member

I had been playing the original Metro Last Light perfectly well before I encountered a problem with both my field of view and some type of blur effect. I can no longer see the stop watch on my arm, and all of my guns are seen as if they are permanently out of focus. A while ago, the issue stopped for a few seconds, but then it returned. Also, today is the first day during which I have had a controller plugged in while playing Metro. I have no idea if that is relevant. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Specs:
    Windows 7 64 bit
    Amd Fx 8350
    Amd Sapphire R9 DualX 280
    Some Sabertooth motherboard

2. I haven't seen this problem before and quick google search didn't find any relevant issues.

I'll send a note to one of the devs and see if he knows what's up. Mind that it's new year's eve and they might be on holidays.

Meanwhile: Have you tried lowering graphical settings of the game? One of the presets disables motion blur.

3. PotSmokingOx

PotSmokingOx New Member

Thanks for the quick reply; I understand that it is the holiday season. Yes, I just tried setting all of the graphics to low, and the problem still persists. Next, I will probably try deleting the settings documents. If that doesnt work, Ill just reinstall the game.

4. PotSmokingOx

PotSmokingOx New Member

Well, I decided to just restart the whole level before reinstalling the game, and that seems to have fixed the problem. If it shows up again, Ill lets you guys know. Merry Christmas.

5. Thanks, I'll mark it as solved for now.