Solo or with ally in lane

Discussion in 'League of Legends (MOBA)' started by mwin43587, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

Support bro-fives, nice to see more supports out of the woodwork. Most people just are like I'm the AD or I'm the MID or TOP, and jungle and support I feel are the two shafted options a lot. So I chose to main a support over a top or jungle like I used to. And guess what? Supporting is mega fun.

2. Zimbitt

Zimbitt Well-Known Member
    Regular

I know eh they just see the glitz of the damage and that's all. The supports win the game man, I started supporting because people in low elo never know how to play it well since they just do it when they are last pick :/ Hitting the game winning hook and blowing their carry up to win the game is one of the best feelings out there!

3. evelination

evelination Well-Known Member
    Regular

In ranked games, only bot usually has ADC and support, the rest will be unaccompanied. But I can see that in normal games jungle doesn't even exist anymore, haha. Back in 2012 when I started playing this game, it did.

4. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Well-Known Member
    Regular

I like to go mid and play solo. I just like the feeling of being in control of the situation and not needing anyone's help on that lane. Sure, if I play support, I'll go with someone in lane, I'm not crazy. :)

5. daosasoriza

daosasoriza Member

I prefer a solo lane, mainly because I can't play support and ADR well. Still, if I could play ADR or support well, I probably still won't play those roles often, because I don't have anyone to duo queue with. It's very difficult when you can't synergy with your lanemate.

6. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

I like randomly matching with an ADC I've never met before. Usually they're on their game because it's a random matchup.

7. Working Buck

Working Buck Well-Known Member
    Regular

I do like playing duo in a lane though I can play solo. I get the fact that playing solo would boost the way you earn experience and gold but I prefer playing with someone in a lane because if the enemy would attack us, there is someone who is already there that can help you anytime. Waiting for back up when your playing solo is a pain in the a**, 6 out of 10 games, I always encounter a pretty dumb jungler who doesn't have the time to help me in the lane when I'm playing solo. He literally is a jungler, you would rarely see them even on team fights. They are always the last one to go for back up, and that is when everyone's dead.

8. iamduanejackson

I like playing duo but unfortunately if you get a shit partner it can really effect the way you play and what you're able to do. So normally I will attempt to be a solo lane unless I know I can have confidence in my duo lane partner

Working Buck likes this.
  9. Working Buck

Working Buck Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well said, a dumb support or ADC that's with you in the same lane would only mean feeding the enemy ADC a lot and often times you would get killed too trying to save a dumb team mate. Better play solo lane then.

10. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeod Active Member
    Regular

I used to play only solo lanes but then I started to play only duo, the bot lane. I like that lane because there are 4 of you and the action is better. When it comes to fights there are a lot of variables that are in game and it makes it much more fun than usual solo lane fights. They are like a mini team fights. And people tend to gank bot lane a lot, not just junglers, but mid laners, some times top laners to.