So, the million dollar question...

Discussion in 'Fallout 3' started by SereneAngel88, Jul 23, 2015.

1. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well, I approve.

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm in the same boat as you. I didn't replay the game but I destroyed the Megaton on my first run, and it wasn't worth it at all.

3. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member
    Regular

But, isn't there like only one Brahmin in that entire town? Hell, if that's the case, then I bet she would love Arefu since there's at least three of them there...so long as they aren't killed by a random radscorpion...

4. Yosh

Yosh Well-Known Member
    Regular

I couldn't blow it up. I liked the place too much! Although the place was confusing as heck to navigate....

5. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

No man. I hate being evil in these games. But I love to be in control, so I kill all the bad guys that try to patronize me. Ahahah.

6. SereneAngel88

Regular

Well, that won't be hard since if you play a good character, you're pretty much stalked by mercenaries hired by Littlehorn to kill you since you're being too good or whatever. I usually greet them by chucking Nuka Grenades whenever they pop up during my travels.

7. harpazo22

harpazo22 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I couldn't do it either. I would have felt too bad. I thought it's better not to.

8. asl196

asl196 New Member

I blew it up the first time I played the game. I had never played any Fallout game before so I did not know how my status would be effected. As soon as I blew it up I saw I lost Karma and I legitimately felt guilty.

I know its just a game but i just think it's funny that I even cared. What made me feel worse was when I told the father, he immediately shamed me for killing all those people.

9. SereneAngel88

Regular

That and Three Dog will constantly diss you on the radio every time you turn your pip boy on. I was getting enough grief from him when I killed Roy's evil ass back in Tenpenny Tower since he duped me in a previous run into letting him in and having his group coexist with the humans.

10. Delirium

Delirium Well-Known Member
    Regular

Nope. I DID blow up Megaton once though. But only that one time. I did it out of curiosity, I just wanted to know how the story would progress without it. But all the other times, no. It's just.. too evil. Plus I actually really like the city. It's very nostalgic.

11. Nuka-Cola Girl

Nuka-Cola Girl Active Member

I did it once. :oops:

I was curious, I swear! Other than that, I mostly leave the town alone.

12. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

I tried to see what would happen, too. But I then immediately ran it back, it's too much of a mean thing to do.

13. c0stell0

c0stell0 Member

The first time I ever played Fallout 3 was the first time I played a Bethesda game. The first time I really played a truly open-world sandbox RPG. So being the sadistic 17 year old I was, I killed pretty much anyone that wasn't actively helping me and, yes, blew up Megaton because I wanted to see what it would look like.

But let me tell you this. When I finally pushed the plunger out on the balcony of Tenpenny Tower, I felt....haunted. I was not okay with what I'd done, even if only in a video game. Hearing Tenpenny go on about 'a fireworks display' as if just another weekend event had just happened only made me feel worse. I went on killing a few critters and scavengers here and there before I just felt too bad and stopped playing for a long time.

Fast forward six or so months, and I came back, promising to make up for what I'd done and saved Megaton. I then went on to actually play the main story line and explore with a kind-hearted approach to whatever encounter I happened across. It was a lot more fun that way.

14. dabdab

dabdab Active Member

I saved before blowing it up because I was legitimately curious if we could actually blow up a city in a game but then Megaton (and that lady who gives me free goodies) will never know about that one time I detonated the atomic bomb.

15. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

I didn't. I tried it once, but loaded the save immediately after since I'm trying not to be mean in my playthroughs.

16. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member
    Regular

I actually didn't, which is weird since I usually play all the games with a mean attitude. I don't think I actually figured out I can do it until I was in a different part of a map and then I couldn't be bothered to go back and destroy it. I hope there's a bigger and better version of Megaton in Fallout 4 so I can blow that up :D

17. Patrickz

Patrickz Well-Known Member
    Regular

I flipped a coin, heads and I would blow it up. I got heads :<

18. misskrystal1982

misskrystal1982 Active Member
    Regular

I couldn't bring myself to do it. I was pretty glad I didn't though, since I had a friend that did and it didn't seem to really help. Where if you don't, there are lots of side quests and somewhere to put your bobble heads!

19. themusicliveson

I never blow up Megaton.

Because the Megaton house is do much more convenient than the Tenpenny Tower apartment. Not because of any moral reasons. The Megaton house is like 30 steps away from the fast travel drop but you have to climb an entire tower to reach the Tenpenny apartment. Nobody has time for that.

20. thatsgoodnews

thatsgoodnews Active Member

I completely agree wit you and that is why I did the same. :D