So, the million dollar question...

Discussion in 'Fallout 3' started by SereneAngel88, Jul 23, 2015.

1. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Did you choose to blow up megaton or not? I couldn't do it personally since I liked the fact that I could live in a little cloister and everything I needed was right outside my door. Plus, it didn't hurt that whenever I came back into town, a woman would give me free stuff for being good. I love free stuff:)

2. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

The moment I realized you could do a quest line to blow up Megaton...I immediately proceeded with it. :3

3. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

I didn`t blow it up. I always tend to play good aligned characters in my games, and that would have been really cruel. I totally slaughtered Tenpenny though. :D

4. SereneAngel88

Regular

That's horrible. You're horrible:p

But seriously, you really didn't know you could do a quest to actually blow it up?

5. Jessica Pipgrl

Jessica Pipgrl Active Member

I really wanted to blow up the town just to see what it was like. I immediately felt remorseful. I have always been a good girl, so I thought I would try being bad for a change. It definitely did not suit me.

6. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

I mean, I figured it out pretty quickly, but I wasn't expecting that to be an option. As soon as that happened, that was my focus. ;)

7. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Well-Known Member

I blew it up but I kind of regret it because there's some side missions in there. Also it lowers your karma alot, and later in the game people won't follow you're side because you're the bad A$$.

8. SereneAngel88

Regular

Even worse, both Three Dog and your Dad will totally think less of you if you do it. While I could care less about Three Dog, I couldn't take having Liam Neeson sound so disappointed in me...

9. slaughterboy

slaughterboy Member

I saved game before planting the device. I just wanted to see the BOOM haha. I then proceeded to shoot everyone in the hotel before reloading my game:D

10. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Well-Known Member

Exactly, you never want anybody disappointed because of you're actions. :(

11. Zimbitt

Zimbitt Well-Known Member
    Regular

Not for the first time, how could I blow up my house man that's just not smart. Also the people there are so nice and basically my neighbors from the vault. However when I replayed the game I RP as a chaotic murderer so yeah I blew it up hard :D

12. Kitty Reeves

Kitty Reeves Iron Hand in a Velvet Glove
    Regular

Hah, nope I didn't blow up Megaton. My one friend was hilarious about the whole thing though! She didn't blow up the town because she loved the Brahmin to much! When I found out that THAT was her reason, I was like "What about the people?!" and she just shouted back "FUCK THE PEOPLE. ALL I CARE ABOUT IS THE BRAHMIN." And of course I started howling with laughter at her when she said that to me. (And yes, she loves cows. They're her favorite animal.)

36 people like this.
  13. ISKMogul

ISKMogul Well-Known Member

I decided against doing it initially due to my habitual dedication to being a completionist in open world games. I play games like Fallout through multiple times trying to experience every part of said game. On my second playthrough though, I did indeed blow up Megaton and frolic through the irradiated ashes while listening to Butcher Pete.

14. MoneyFiend

MoneyFiend Member

I prefer to leave it for the sake of trade purposes so I can make more money. However I would argue the humor is worth the negative karma to detonate the nuke.

15. Typhon

Typhon Well-Known Member

I played a super villain on one play through. Before I blew up the town, I went ahead and put a bullet in all of them. Exploding pants is also hilarious!!! The cries as they try in vain to remove the grenade, music, sweet sweet music.

16. SereneAngel88

Regular

You even killed the kids? Harsh, man. Still...I kinda want to give you props on blowing up people via their pants. I have an excellent time hunting down Enclave goons and slipping grenades into their inventory...all for Dad and his memory~

17. SpartanScooter

SpartanScooter Well-Known Member
    Regular

I can never bring myself to do it :I It's kind of silly, but if the character I play as does something as evil, I kind of lose interest in playing them.

I don't kill any friendly NPCs for the same reason, I had this problem with all the bethesda games. It's weird since I have no problem playing games like GTA, but in RPGs I always try to play the good guy.

I guess it has something to do with immersion, it gets broken if you do something you wouldn't do IRL, if that makes any sense.

18. Typhon

Typhon Well-Known Member

Kids can't die, they just run from you if you shoot them. Little lamplight is a good example, take that over easily.

You never saved, then went on a killing strike, then loading the save game? Just roll with it, all die, even if you didn't finish all the Wasteland survival guide quests, Moria can be found at the goul settlement in the museum.

19. SereneAngel88

Regular

Kids can't die? That's not what a certain mod in my folders say...not that I would have it for any reason. :D I just LOVE that mayor kid in Little Lamplight to bits;)

36 people like this.
  20. nwalker85

nwalker85 Member

I replayed this game multiple times. I only blew up Megaton once. I couldn't bring myself to do it other than that one time. When I did, it didn't seem like the quest line or rewards afterwards were worth it.