Darkfall So it's pay-to-play?

Discussion in 'General MMORPG Discussion' started by Biffy, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Biffy

Biffy Active Member

I am not a big fan of pay-to-play games. When I buy a game I expect to play it for free no matter what. Well Darkfall seems like a game I don't want to have a part in. I know it's got a monthly price and usually that's something I steer away from. I like the free-to-play games because you don't have to purchase all of the DLC. I do anyways, but I don't want to be forced to pay a monthly fee.

Anyways, is it even worth the pay per month to play?

2. Morgan

Morgan Well-Known Member

Pay-to-play is in many games as it is, so why is it a bother? Yeah it's not on par with WoW or other more popular games, but it's still somewhat fun and worth playing a few times. I know I enjoyed what I played when I did. It's forgettable, but that's about all I hated about the game.

3. alfonso

alfonso Well-Known Member

We'll I think some pay-to-play games are worth it, how much is it to play Darkfall? Is it any good? I'd be willing to do a trial if its worth my time..

4. mevsthor

mevsthor Active Member

Yeah, I agree pay to play games are crazy. I mean I just payed you for your game now you want me to pay you more to actually play it? It's a huge scam and I try and stay away from those games as much as possible.

5. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I to don't like P2P games, for some games their are private servers most of them make grinding to easy, but their are some that are like playing on the real deal.

6. mevsthor

mevsthor Active Member

I don't know, I just feel like if a already purchased the game it should I should be free to play it whenever I want without having to shell out even more money. What makes you want to play p2p games? Is there any incentive?

7. alfonso

alfonso Well-Known Member

It really depends, some really good games are P2P, and if you could afford it, it would be a waste not to experience the game if you want to. I guess game companies justify P2P by the amount of resources they used to create the game as well as providing game updates and maintenance. I also notice you don't get a lot of trolls in P2P, and players are also generally more competitive.

8. mevsthor

mevsthor Active Member

I never thought of it that way. It makes sense to charge more for updates and stuff. Maybe I'll give one a try if I have some funds to blow. Do you recommend any?

9. SeanM

SeanM Well-Known Member

It would be different if it were for example, a case like PSN where you pay a monthly fee and get a butt load of content and the ability to play with millions of people world wide, but micr trans actions in games, always, always suck... especially Ea games, they just milk you and milk you and milk you some more...

10. Lucky120

Lucky120 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I agree some are worth the money while some are not worth it at all. I mean some games are just flat out not worth paying for to play in my opinion. I think if you can afford it then try it out and see if you like it then go from there, but I stick to some of the free ones really, because if I get attached to one that is pay to play and I can't afford it then I will be upset that I can't play lol.

11. greensat

greensat Active Member

In my opinion, if a game forces you to pay a certain amount of money to play every month, it is not a good game at all. The only kind of game I would pay to play every month would be one which uses "advanced technology" like using the Nerve Gear or the Amusphere in SAO.

12. Kittyworker

Kittyworker Well-Known Member

I've been interested in looking into this game, but with it being pay to play I'm hesitant. Does anyone know if they have plans to make this f2p in the future? What about the game's community, who currently plays? How active and helpful is the community to new players?

13. LodTroll

LodTroll Member

I seriously doubt it will be f2p, it's been pay to play for as long as I can remember. I can only see it happening if their population becomes too low, and in my opinion it has been lowering. The community in general is very competitive and elitist, though in terms of guides and such, you can find a few in the forums.

14. Kittyworker

Kittyworker Well-Known Member

This is a shame, because i have been interested in this game for a while, just don't really know where to start and I don't like subscriptions. I agree that if this is how the game and community remain it is a bad overlook for the game.

15. LodTroll

LodTroll Member

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend you pay a subscription, either. You might be disappointed with the amount of extreme grinding the game has for you to reach a competitive level for PvP. Trying out for free, we have nothing to lose, but not like this.