Skywind

Discussion in 'Elder Scrolls Online' started by Sinfield, Mar 10, 2015.

1. MarsL9

MarsL9 Member
    Regular

I honestly never want to rush anything. I'd rather have to be pushed back than released too early and we have a bugfest of a game and too many people complaining online. People will only remember what a great product something is rather than how long it took for it to come out.

2. UnslaadKrosis

UnslaadKrosis Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm eagerly waiting for this mod (well, a game size mod) to be released. I loved both Morrowind and Skyrim, and the sheer thought of experiencing Morrowind on Skyrim's engine is something I extremely look forward too. Yes, it's kind of a bummer that the ambitious project has been in the development cycle for quite a long time, but considering the tiny team and the scale of this project, it's to be expected, isn't it? I'd wager its release in the later half of 2018, at best. If the devs actually stick around for that long.

3. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

I would be really surprised if they actually manage to the do the total conversion. Seeing as how big Morrowind is, recreating it all in the Skyrim engine is a huge challenge. Especially for a small team of modders.

4. dblanch

dblanch Member
    Regular

I play this on console, so I've never really given any consideration to mod releases. It looks interesting, however, I hope other people get to try it out soon so maybe I can watch it in action somewhere online.

5. userbutnotloser

userbutnotloser Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yes, I completely agree with you razer they just take up a lot of work upon them and can't able to finish it in time. If they don't have enough time then they should distribute the work to their other team members and complete it team wise this will make their work easier and the visitors will also be happy at a time.

6. UnslaadKrosis

UnslaadKrosis Well-Known Member
    Regular

Oh, and with the release of Fallout 4, I think that the whole project has and will see another setback. It happened with Morroblivion, and It'll again happen with Skyrim. If they can't complete their project within the development cycle of the next Bethesda RPG, I seriously doubt that it'll ever be completed, because newer games with newer engines will come along and the whole thing will start again.

7. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm so excited for this mod / spin-off fan made DLC. I never truly appreciated Morrowind, because I first played Skyrim, and worked my way down the chain of Elder Scrolls games. The graphics didn't really hold up after all these years, and it drained the whole game for me. For Oblivion, the spell casting was a pain, since in Skyrim I loved playing the pure mage. Hopefully the Skywind mod will be released relatively soon, I don't want them to rush, but I also don't want to wait that long.

8. jalikam

jalikam Well-Known Member
    Regular

I was really excited for this game and I am pretty disappointed to listen that this game is not coming out for a while. I hope the developers would make amazing mods and I think they are working on the mod. I think they should take the required time they need. I am sure they are working on a great mod.

9. StillWinning

StillWinning Well-Known Member
    Regular

The thing is that taking a long time is not disappointing, it's like being upset that pizza has to cook. It's just part of the process, respect the need for time and enjoy what you got in the meanwhile :) It'll get here.

10. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

Is anyone else following the development of this ? It's come a long way since my last post in this thread. Hopefully it will be finished by 2020.

11. jakub1

jakub1 Well-Known Member
    Regular

That seems long enough to wait for, hope it's sooner

12. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I hope nobody actually gets upset for the fact that pizza has to cook, as they need a rude awakening. Funny looking back on that being a year or so ago though.

13. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

Not a chance. People on reddit are saying that it might not be completed until 2021 - 2022. Playable beta might be out sooner, but I'd rather wait for the completed game.

14. jakub1

jakub1 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Wow that's rather long, wasn't expecting that it would take this much time

15. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well, it's done by people in their free time, so it's to be expected.

16. EfficientNinja

EfficientNinja Well-Known Member
    Regular

I’m following the Skywind facebook page and they occasionally give some updates and screenshots on what they are currently working at. It seems they are working towards completion ata steady pace. I hope they finish it soon because I haven’t played the original yet.

17. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well, as I said above it won’t be finished soon.
    But, you really ought to play the original.

18. xyrene

xyrene Well-Known Member
    Regular

That's one thing I actually don't like about modding though. It just muddles the game.

19. Bravosi

Bravosi Well-Known Member
    Regular

That's a bloody shame indeed. I hate when projects get cancelled. :c