Skywind

Discussion in 'Elder Scrolls Online' started by Sinfield, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Sinfield

Sinfield Active Member

"At this stage, Skywind is not available for public release anymore, due to its very alpha state. Please bear with us while we word on getting the mod to a more playable state."

It's quite sad that after this much time we still have to wait for this mod to come out. At least I know they don't want to rush it, so maybe it will be well implemented. I never got to play even the alpha version of the mod, I didn't want to risk bugging my game. Anyone here who got the opportunity to do so?

2. Christian46

Christian46 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I've never heard of any of these mods, and now I'm glad I have. It's pretty disappointing that Skywind won't be coming out for a while though.

3. Nolan Watt

Nolan Watt Well-Known Member

Rocksteady has never really been known for their punctuality. So, whenever they mention something exciting, I hang back and wait for a date before being pumped.

4. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well, Rocksteady literally has nothing to do with Skywind, so...

5. Samu Zadori

Samu Zadori Member

I'm pretty sure the guy was on skooma when he wrote that. :D

As for Skywind, the developers put out a progress update a couple months ago. While it's sad that the mod is not available for the public anymore, I'm glad they're still working on it!

Krisibelle likes this.
  6. MrHurricane89

MrHurricane89 Well-Known Member

The remade Seyda Neen looks amazing in the most recent trailer. I don't like Skyrim, but I'll reinstall it when this mod comes out, just for the sake of nostalgia.

7. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well, let's be fair, they are a really small team, working on a very ambitious project. I'll be surprised if they even manage to launch it before 2018! Still, I'll be waiting and getting excited after every small update, because it's such a fantastic project that piqued my interest ever since I first heard about it.

8. Touchstone

Touchstone Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah, they are quite a small team. But, it's impressive seeing how much progress they have made over the years. Like Glacial said, I don't expect they'll be able to launch this mod until 2018-2019. Still, this along with OpenMorrowind are two of my most anticipated mods.

9. Athilea

Athilea Well-Known Member

I hadn't heard of skywind before, but I imagine if it's something people have been waiting for, that it would be disappointing to have it pulled away like that. I hope that they are able to move more quickly on it then anticipated for all of you. I may have to check it out to see what it's about.

10. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

That is a mod I am totally looking forward too. If those guys can pull it off and re-create Morrowind in the Skyrim Engine, it would be one my favorite games of all time. I`ll gladly wait for those dudes to put out a well polished product, even if it takes a few years more.

11. bsthebenster

bsthebenster Well-Known Member

Morrowind and Skyrim were the two best titles in the series. God, I would die to have at Skywind. I have a bit of coding experience myself, does anyone know if they're looking for some help getting this thing through? Or even what language they're coding in?

12. riordaan

riordaan Member
    Regular

Bummer, I've been looking forward to this. Mainly because I've become too much of a snob about graphics to play Morrowind on its own... I doubt it's really going to give me the same experience as playing the actual game, but it's about the closest I'm going to get, haha. Hopefully these guys don't take too long. If Elder Scrolls VI comes out before this does, aren't people going to start clamoring for everything to be modded into the newer engine? Everyone will want Skyweyr or ObliviMarsh or Akawind or whatever VI ends up being.

13. flickerthestar

flickerthestar Well-Known Member
    Regular

Let them take all they want it will eventually arrive. It would be best for them to sort out the mod first, that way people won't complain about any broken aspects (though lord knows they will anyways). The final product will be golden just you wait.

14. Khatib22

Khatib22 Active Member

I'd rather them take their time with it and release a stable, working, awesome build rather than publish it knowing that it's going to take 3-5 patches to get the actual thing working. Smart move on their part. I know that we as players don't want to hear delays, but it is the right decision in my opinion.

15. Krisibelle

Krisibelle Member

This! I used to make mods for morrowind many years ago, there was nothing worse than releasing something that wasn't finished due to public pressure, then having it not work properly. Once it's completely finished, it will be amazing I'm sure. Don't make them rush it, that's how EA games works, not the modding community ;)

16. Spar10

Spar10 New Member

Considering how much the Skyrim modding community has extended the lifetime of this game, it's no surprise to hear that this mod will take many years to complete. The demographic of Skywind will jump at the chance to play it even if it happens three or four years from now.

Krisibelle likes this.
  17. Nytegeek

Nytegeek No namby pamby hand holding over FUD. EXTERMINATE!
    Regular

At what point is a project no longer relevant though? This one seems to be leaning in the direction of vaporware right now.

18. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah, sadly. I don't think it's gonna be up again anytime soon, if ever - it seems like they kind of gave up on the project altogether.

19. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm replaying Morrowind and I'm finding it to be a good distraction until the next Elder Scrolls game comes out. Granted, the models for the Khajiit kinda creep me out, but it still looks good. I still have to polish my marksman skill better since my ninja is wasting all those stars she buys trying to kill those damn Cliff Racers that show up with the same frequency as Zubats in a cave. Hopefully Skywind won't have that same problem with them like in the vanilla game.

20. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

Vaporware? The last time I checked the authors were insisting that it was still being made, albeit at a very slow pace - is there something I'm missing here?

Anyway, these guys started up a bunch of projects and never finished any of them as far as I know, and it's indeed entirely possible that they will never get finished. They should have started just one project and stuck with it.