Skyrim Mods

Discussion in 'General MMORPG Discussion' started by MrGravyCakes, May 19, 2015.

1. MrGravyCakes

MrGravyCakes Active Member

Hello everyone,

I am a big fan of steam mods and the recent commotion had gotten me very worried about paid mods. Thankfully they have been removed. What do you think about that? Should mods be paid for or remain to be free? I have played Skyrim many times and experimented with many mods. it totally changes the game.

What game do you think has the best mods? Do you think that mods change the game or improve it?

2. Michelle

Michelle Well-Known Member

I was really on the fence about this. I mean, these mod developers sometimes spend considerable amounts of time making these mods, and in some cases (like in the unofficial patches or bug fixes) the mods really make the game playable to an extent that the game wasn't upon release. That said, I don't think I'd ever pay for mods, but I don't think the community necessarily had to go up in arms like it did. I mean, people were going to boycott Bethesda and Steam entirely over it. All because they didn't want to pay 99 cents for a few extra quests? I don't know. Like I said, even though I wouldn't have purchased the mods I think the option could have stayed.